NASA proves EM Drive works in a vacuum... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

People have been using ordinary magnetrons (like the one in your microwave) and pointing them into closed chambers and generating thrust...

Many said the thrust must be caused by some kind of atmospheric disturbance cause by all those microwaves bouncing around in that closed chamber so NASA tried the engine in a vacuum and it worked per usual...

No one knows where the thrust is coming from...

It is estimated these engines could accelerate ships upwards of 10% lightspeed with only an off the shelf nuclear reactor generating electricity to power it...

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/ ... -em-drive/
Yes, 'classic physics deny it, but it exists', 'nobody knows how it working'.
-How do you make all these ships in bottles?
-Just push some trash inside, then shake. Sometimes it gives a ship.

"Thrust was observed on both test articles, even though one of the test articles was designed with the expectation that it would not produce thrust."
NASA

Since it's from NASA, I will assume it's not total horseshit:

The NASASpaceflight.com group has given consideration to whether the experimental measurements of thrust force were the result of an artifact. Despite considerable effort within the NASASpaceflight.com forum to dismiss the reported thrust as an artifact, the EM Drive results have yet to be falsified.

This seems disturbing, actually:
On April 5, 2015, Paul March reported at NASAspaceflight.com’s Forum that Dr. White and Dr. Jerry Vera at NASA Eagleworks have just created a new computational code that models the EM Drive’s thrust as a three-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic flow of electron-positron virtual particles...A note of caution is that Dr. White’s simulations do not assume that the Quantum Vacuum is indestructible and immutable. The mainstream physics community assumes the Quantum Vacuum is indestructible and immutable because of the experimental observation that a fundamental particle like an electron (or a positron) has the same properties (e.g. mass, charge or spin), regardless of when or where the particle was created, whether now or in the early universe, through astrophysical processes or in a laboratory.
This seems disturbing, actually:

If this effect demonstrates that the Quantum Vacuum is in a metastable state, then it is very disturbing....
Indeed, I get exactly what you mean. In other physics news I couldn't get part of a tower scaffold through a door today but then I put it though diagonally and it went in.
Question based upon curiosity and ignorance of the physics, would dark matter account for propulsion in a vacuum?
Indeed, I get exactly what you mean. In other physics news I couldn't get part of a tower scaffold through a door today but then I put it though diagonally and it went in.

Incredible, Decky! You were somehow able to bend the laws of space and time!
We often bend the laws of time by cleverly manipulating the sign in sheet, somehow I am in the pub by 4 and yet get paid until half past? How could such a thing be? I am the one!

There is no spoon.
If this effect demonstrates that the Quantum Vacuum is in a metastable state, then it is very disturbing....

Is that the one where the vacuum might go to a more stable and lower energy state and blow up the universe?
Is that the one where the vacuum might go to a more stable and lower energy state and blow up the universe?

Yep, that's the one Mike. Not that I want to alarm you or anything, but....
Well, it hasn't done so until now, there's no reason it will blow up anytime soon. Calm down, will ya?

Don't ever become a rocket scientist Frollein. Wernher von Braun must be turning in his grave.
quetzalcoatl wrote:Since it's from NASA, I will assume it's not total horseshit:

I think they have yet to publish anything in a peer-reviewed journal. What a bunch of nasaspaceflight.com forum members say is hardly relevant.

nasaspaceflight.com is not an official NASA site from what I know.
You guys

Why do you think the Sun's corona is much hotter than its surface? Because energy (from somewhere or thing) is penetrating the sun, the sun being one giant atom smashing machine converts the celestial power source into rays of energy, then discharges that energy out toward the galaxy. Light is the physical property being emitted but is a converted form of some celestial power source. Birkeland currents act as DNA veins pumping universal life-blood.

Planets=giant batteries

Hello, the entire universe is made of electron-plasma and everything has a frequency. EM drive working in a vacuum doesn't surprise me. I can't believe that the world once thought that everything was matter & empty space, that's like thinking the earth is flat. Gravity works because of electricity, now we have to find its celestial power source (the big spark hatches the egg). Physically, empty space does not exist. Once we manipulate the cosmic egg we can travel through the various frequencies, this is part of unlocking time & space. If Tesla, Hannes Alfvén, Einstein, Bucky Fuller, had lived together....

nebula form= electric circuitry

How can a gas planet create a hexagonal north pole? Oh, because of electronic plasma...

Experiments in a lab (below) illustrate cosmic operations (above). As above so below, meaning universal truth is literally universal. The alternating current (although, think about the human heart beat) and human created sine waves may not be present in nature (below), but can be discovered in space (above). Everything we do down here on earth is relative to everything above us and everything above us is relative to everything we do here on earth.
mikema63 wrote:Also, NASA at one point did bullshit research with spinning electromagnets because some crank had convinced some politician that it would make antigravity.

Always be skeptical.

This has been replicated on three continents with similar results...the only thing NASA did differently here was try it in a vacuum...

If you want something to scientifically poo poo, you should poo the part where NASA has been using an interferometer to measure space around this device when it is turned on and getting different measurements on different sides...

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]