Oh Japan....Gatebox! - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Albert
^ :lol:

Maybe it is wrong to demonize all right wing people because you run turning them into radicals.

It is not reason that you speak but rationalization. The issues you face and Muslims are much deeper then that.
Albert wrote:^ :lol:

Maybe it is wrong to demonize all right wing people because you run turning them into radicals.

It is not reason that you speak but rationalization. The issues you face and Muslims are much deeper then that.

Well yeah, Muslims are right wing people so I feel like it's more of a specific of what you're saying.
By Hong Wu
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Or maybe it's that we think demonizing all muslims is likely to create more radical terrorists out of impressionable people. Didn't the latest attack show that? Someone who was by all accounts integrated, and from a country that is not as radicalized, became radicalized because of the treatment that he received. That doesn't excuse what he did, he deserved to be shot and I would have shot him myself in the cop's shoes. But still, those types of radicalizations are preventable if we don't set up an us v. them mentality.

Also I have met plenty of Muslims that have been cool, decent people. Turns out people are people. I like anasawad even though he's a Muzzie.

If you want to have this argument here, what is your opinion on why there is no such thing as a liberal Muslim country? Or what do you think about how the Qur'an says that people like you, who made up their own religion, should be killed?
Hong Wu wrote:If you want to have this argument here, what is your opinion on why there is no such thing as a liberal Muslim country? Or what do you think about how the Qur'an says that people like you, who made up their own religion, should be killed?

Simple, liberalism/secularism is antithetical to religion, and I don't necessarily agree with it but just see it as my closest proxy. It's well established that progressivism and liberalism is based around Christian values, so I don't actually think that the way that atheists and agnostics take credit for those values is relevant at all.

The second part, I dislike all religion, I just don't see Christians and Muslims as being worse than each other. They are both bad. Maybe Muslims think I should be killed but I know that Christians think I should be killed plus I should suffer for all eternity. It's not so much that I like Muslims but that I don't see them as being WORSE than other religions. My spirituality of course welcomes all people and I think that a great deal of people are going to heaven. I should probably start a religion, to be honest. One day.
By Hong Wu
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Simple, liberalism/secularism is antithetical to religion, and I don't necessarily agree with it but just see it as my closest proxy. It's well established that progressivism and liberalism is based around Christian values, so I don't actually think that the way that atheists and agnostics take credit for those values is relevant at all.

The second part, I dislike all religion, I just don't see Christians and Muslims as being worse than each other. They are both bad. Maybe Muslims think I should be killed but I know that Christians think I should be killed plus I should suffer for all eternity. It's not so much that I like Muslims but that I don't see them as being WORSE than other religions. My spirituality of course welcomes all people and I think that a great deal of people are going to heaven. I should probably start a religion, to be honest. One day.

You are pretending that Christians want you to be killed in order to tie the loose ends of your politics together.

You've also basically admitted that you expect them to conform and stop being Muslims, or that you are actually hostile to their religion, which if you think about it, makes you a lot like a Christian, doesn't it? They aren't hostile but do expect that people will eventually conform to their religion.

You might want to stop beating around the bush, admit that your Christian hating was an act of weakness and accept a better-informed version of what you believe.
Last edited by Hong Wu on 17 Dec 2016 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
By Hong Wu
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:@Hong Wu Christians burned crosses on my atheist great-grandfather's lawn? Not everybody has the same privileged experience as you.

And there's like 3,000 KKK left in America today. You might have missed my edit, most Christians aren't violently hostile to people but do expect eventual conformity to their beliefs, just like you seem to. Your beliefs appear to be a less experienced version of Christian beliefs. Stop wasting your time and find a non-violent Christian sect.
By quetzalcoatl
It is not so-called "progressives" who are the main impetus in the destruction of Christianity. It is Christianity itself. The radical idea of a human will that was free to choose between accepting or rejecting God is the ultimate poison. The same free will was the main force that created the Enlightenment and the industrial revolution. In punishment, God's children were scattered to the winds and villages torn apart. This is the same free will that inevitably saw its triumph in the unbounded will to power of the twentieth century dictators and the captains of industry of the gilded age - two faces of the same spiritual coin.

There is no third path for religious conservatives - they must reject the Enlightenment and liberal democracy, and return to the medievalism. But like Tom Wolfe, they can't go home. They worship at the feet of the ultimate apostate, a sad and clownish version of the great magnates of the Gilded Age. But Trump will not bring them the Golden Age. He is merely the Samson they believe will tear down the Temple of modernity - and even they are not foolish enough to believe he is anything but a tool.
Last edited by quetzalcoatl on 17 Dec 2016 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
@Hong Wu Look, the KKK are just one expression of it. And to someone like me who doesn't consider the physical realm to be that important, being killed here and being made a martyr is not that big of a deal. Being threatened with my soul is the equivalent of being threatened with my soul and physical body. It's not so much that Christians want to kill me, but that they could kill me if they could. They are dangerous in many ways. They want to control the people that I love that will not be moved by me moving into their religion. They want to use the force of government action against me and my people.

The physical realm isn't the end-all-be-all of the universe. I need to take into account my spirit as well, and I think that Christianity boils down to a mob-sect in the end. Especially since my experiences have been horrible with Christians even though they've mostly been confined to progressive areas. I can't imagine growing up in an area that would violently make me conform to their beliefs, and if you want to get into that violent conformity we can.
By Hong Wu
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:@Hong Wu Look, the KKK are just one expression of it. And to someone like me who doesn't consider the physical realm to be that important, being killed here and being made a martyr is not that big of a deal. Being threatened with my soul is the equivalent of being threatened with my soul and physical body. It's not so much that Christians want to kill me, but that they could kill me if they could. They are dangerous in many ways. They want to control the people that I love that will not be moved by me moving into their religion. They want to use the force of government action against me and my people.

The physical realm isn't the end-all-be-all of the universe. I need to take into account my spirit as well, and I think that Christianity boils down to a mob-sect in the end. Especially since my experiences have been horrible with Christians even though they've mostly been confined to progressive areas. I can't imagine growing up in an area that would violently make me conform to their beliefs, and if you want to get into that violent conformity we can.

Serious question. If you joined a non-violent, pro-gay Christian sect (which now includes some major bodies in the Episcopalian Church and Methodism), how would your beliefs be different from theirs? They have no intention of killing anyone but do hold a religious belief that people will eventually join them, which makes them open to having Muslims around, etc.

There's even a female incarnation of God in some Christian sects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(wisdom)#Christianity
Hong Wu wrote:Serious question. If you joined a non-violent, pro-gay Christian sect (which now includes some major bodies in the Episcopalian Church and Methodism), how would your beliefs be different from theirs?

I don't believe that people can go to hell for non-belief. I believe that many non-believers are more holy than believers. I think there have been many Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, animists, etc that have been graced by the wisdom of God. I think you are just misunderstanding my beliefs. I am more against atheism than any form of spirituality, I just don't think that atheism is as bad as many portray it because of how many awesome atheists I know.

They have no intention of killing anyone but do hold a religious belief that people will eventually join them, which makes them open to having Muslims around, etc.

I don't care if people join me, I just don't want religion to be taken as fundamentally as it is today.

There's even a female incarnation of God in some Christian sects: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(wisdom)#Christianity

Well, I think God is a woman, I just don't think that Her being a woman matters as much as I have made it out to be. It's more about how God is not patriarchal.
By fuser
Back to Japan, please. Isn't there like already million of threads about teh Muslimz.
By Decky
It we talk about Japan we might summon our staunchest new Maoist comrade. I am not sure anyone wants that. :hmm: Is your leg any better?
By fuser
I am walking now but it will take some time for full recovery, thanks for asking. :)

It we talk about Japan we might summon our staunchest new Maoist comrade. I am not sure anyone wants that. :hmm:

I never liked Maoism. :lol:
By Decky
Leninism is the one true faith of course. Deiviationism from its holy truth is tantamount to treason. :knife:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]