Saturn's flying-saucer shaped moon, Pan, revealed for the first time two days ago - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Photo:

Why so strange? Leading theory is that once it got swept up in Saturns ring system, the contents of the rings bombarded the equator of this fledgling little moon, resulting in a saucer shape.

It is here:

FASCINATING. :excited: This would make a great space station.

As you can see, thanks to the interactions between this moonlet and the rings, we now know that the rings of saturn are chiefly comprised of dust and small rocks. Nothing big. In fact in some places the rings are only 1m thick. This moonlet acquired its saucer gently, in fact it may be a ruble pile, gravity is negligible. If you 'stood' on the saucer you could probably dig your way through it with your hands.
^This. I mean, this is obviously not a moon but an alien artifact. Just look at its shape!

On a more serious notion, I agree with Potemkin. Isn't there a lower limit for mass and size to call something a moon/let, beyond which debris is just debris?
It's about 20km across - compared to Mars' 2 moons at 22km and 13km. It's big enough.

I don't regard Phobos as a moon at all; it's just a captured asteroid. And Deimos barely qualifies as a 'moonlet'. But meh, maybe it's just me. :|
It's either the remains of some part of the Battlestar Galactica, maybe an old abandoned Raptor that has been torn and warped after hundreds of thousands of years, or as Sabb says, a Cylon surveillance outpost.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]