This Person Does Not Exist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

You can no longer be sure that an image/portrait is of a real person. It might have been generated by an algorithm as for this twitter account (although it looks like the image has also been photoshopped).

Explanation how it works: Style-based GANs – Generating and Tuning Realistic Artificial Faces

Visual examples of how different aspects of faces are combined:

And a face generator: https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:It is. We'll soon have videos involving fake people of events that never happened.

And of real people doing and saying things they never actually did or said.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:It is. We'll soon have videos involving fake people of events that never happened.

We already do. They are called actors and movies. And Arnie was animated in Terminator Salvation and Fisher in Rogue one FYI.

Nonetheless this is a thread for @rhetoricthug.
B0ycey wrote:We already do. They are called actors and movies.

Difficult if not impossible to have realistic effects that look natural, expensive and requiring many collaborators with special knowledge or training.
This seems to be getting employed by right-wing troll culture now that using a good 'ol honest NPC avatar gets you instantly banned.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Difficult if not impossible to have realistic effects that look natural, expensive and requiring many collaborators with special knowledge or training.

The limitations are no more different to this software I suspect. Although I was impressed with what I saw when watching both movies.
B0ycey wrote:The limitations are no more different to this software I suspect. Although I was impressed with what I saw when watching both movies.

The only limitation will be having the software and learning how to use it. A single person would be able to do it alone on a PC, possibly in minutes.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:The only limitation will be having the software and learning how to use it. A single person would be able to do it alone on a PC, possibly in minutes.

I was more referring to realistic effects. We have had photo manipulation software on Facebook for a decade now and Flash for animation.

YIKES ! :eek: I just cant believe anyone would[…]

People get banned from Pofo for violating rule 2.[…]

Election 2020

Anti-Trumpers, please don't spoil the fun when his[…]

Given that I'm married to a Hong Konger (although[…]