Origins of the Internet - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

@Ter

Ter wrote:I respect George Friedman and I am always interested to listen to what he has to say.
I was however not too impressed with this talk. He was all over the place and I am pretty sure he did not prepare adequately for this talk.
Having said that, his prediction for a global war in this century was ominous.

I don't know much about George Friedman though his name rings a bell. Was he popular at one time in the past? Nobody can predict what can happen in the future. Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict what will happen in the future. The fact that he is trying to predict future events makes me wonder about his credibility. Though I do agree that the real geniuses behind the internet were folks making $50,000 a year and retiring poor. That and some college professors and researchers at some of the universities who helped to develop the internet.

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]