"Smart" missiles are useless – Russian Navy can move through the clouds - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

If its a tiny cloud obscuring part of the ship, target the rest of the ship. If its a small cloud obscuring the whole ship, instruct the missile to target the cloud. If a large cloud, continue on previous course from extrapolated data. If no hit is made than loop around and adjust course to next likely position, skimming the water.

Any substance that can obscure the target will probably blind that ship's sensors too, which should reduce active defense options.

If the strategy is to cloud valuable assets and use drone/picket ships for sensing, and perhaps active defense, then those defenses/sensors become new targets and it becomes a mater of (programing) to assess, prioritize and track multiple targets. Given smart missiles already costs tens of thousands to millions, I dont see a better CPU and extra coding being a huge burden.

63 is beyond the military age in Israel. More non[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's the problem though. People in general don'[…]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]