Google vs Duckduckgo vs Bing - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

(Branched from another thread ...)

Zionist Nationalist wrote:You need to know exactly what to search for to find information
I will give you examples

Duckduckgo

Google

Apparently, Google tries to apply some kind of filter, perhaps even proactive, to make the output seems changed. Duckduckgo seems giving out things simply by relevance.

I can't say who is better. If thought in a good way, Google's method can filter away wannabe manipulators who deliberately spread false or sensational "information". However, this can also make Google be the said manipulator.

I surely don't think manipulation is done by only one side.
Patrickov wrote:(Branched from another thread ...)

Apparently, Google tries to apply some kind of filter, perhaps even proactive, to make the output seems changed. Duckduckgo seems giving out things simply by relevance.

I can't say who is better. If thought in a good way, Google's method can filter away wannabe manipulators who deliberately spread false or sensational "information". However, this can also make Google be the said manipulator.

I surely don't think manipulation is done by only one side.

"filtering" is just a nice word for censorship
Google is also censoring piracy,conspiracies and basically any information that dont fit with their agenda (any conspiracies except the ones that are related to Russian and Trump)

they dont want you to ask any questions just be a sheep and consume more MSM bullshit

Watch this
Zionist Nationalist wrote:"filtering" is just a nice word for censorship
Google is also censoring piracy,conspiracies and basically any information that dont fit with their agenda (any conspiracies except the ones that are related to Russian and Trump)

they don't want you to ask any questions just be a sheep and consume more MSM bullshit

Regardless of what search engine I use and what media I read, I have the freedom to decide what kind of information I accept. If they don't give me what I (tend to) believe then I simply shut it off.

I sometimes do think information is only useful when I want to use it for my agenda (or agenda that I agree).

Edit: China is indeed a good example of this. Their official media usually speak against Western MSM -- and in greater quantity, but they are almost universally shunned, despite endorsement from the government. Arguably they resorted to the GFW to make people up there believe them more.
Patrickov wrote:Regardless of what search engine I use and what media I read, I have the freedom to decide what kind of information I accept. If they don't give me what I (tend to) believe then I simply shut it off.

I sometimes do think information is only useful when I want to use it for my agenda (or agenda that I agree).

Edit: China is indeed a good example of this. Their official media usually speak against Western MSM, but they are almost universally shunned, despite endorsement from the government.

I have been using google since I use internet even during elementary school when it was a new thing and I haven't paid attention to google censorship before this whole coronavirus event
now I have realized how we are being fooled and manipulated not only by the TV media but also by the internet media

I stopped using google search engine from now on and I recommend you to do the same
noemon wrote:I use brave and qwant.

Thanks. I am now trying them out. Brave seems to provide better secure browsing functionalities, and removes the need to maintain multiple browsers.
Everything that you search in Google is logged. You can also use Google Hacking to get more precise search results from the Google Search Engine. Google Hacking isn't like hacking in the traditional sense of somebody breaking into a network illegally. Instead, it's used in a sense that you can use Google operators for advanced searches to get more precise search engine results. For example, if you wanted to find information on Kali Linux and Google Hacking you could type +"Kali Linux" +"Google Hacking" into the Google Search Engine to get more precise results. If no website has that precise of search result then the Google Search Engine will return back results that match closest to those search terms and tell you that no website was found matching those terms. This is referred to as Google Dorking and you write your own Google Dork scripts. They even have a Google hacking database you can check out here:

https://www.exploit-db.com/google-hacking-database

You can use advanced Google operators as part of Google Hacking or "dorking" as they like to call it. You can search by author in the Google Search Engine using the "author" Google operator or search for keywords in URLs of websites using the "inurl" Google operator in the Google Search Engine. You can also use the "allintext" operator too. For example you might say type in the search engine allintext: +"Google Dorks" and it will return back websites that only have in their text "Google Dorks." Here is a video on Google Hacking and how to use it to get better and more search engine results. This guy teaches at my college and is one of our professors. He is an author of numerous books and textbooks:

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]