Chinese scientists create AI nanny to look after babies in artificial womb - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Researchers in Suzhou have developed an AI system able to monitor and take care of embryos as they grow into fetuses in the lab
Technology won’t be a problem for its future application, but legal and ethical concerns might, warns Beijing-based researcher

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science ... artificial

Like I've repeatedly said, this was inevitable. They're already mass growing mice in vats. Soon people.
Igor Antunov wrote:https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3165325/chinese-scientists-create-ai-nanny-look-after-babies-artificial

Like I've repeatedly said, this was inevitable. They're already mass growing mice in vats. Soon people.

Soon, the clone armies will be ready to march across the Earth, spreading the glories of Communism to all of humanity! Mwuhahahahaha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Igor Antunov wrote:https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3165325/chinese-scientists-create-ai-nanny-look-after-babies-artificial

It is a machine learning algorithm probably. While it sounds cool this is nothing special, the more interesting stuff is how well it works and what parameters it actually uses. (What is the accuracy rate also along with the ROC AUC graph)
Igor Antunov wrote:Combined with genetic engineering and we could grow armies of super docile low-IQ epsilon workers that would serve as willful slaves in remedial service sector jobs.

I see no issues with this inevitable future ha ha he he...he..*dystopia induced sweating intensifies*

Robots or androids will be our willful slaves, which won't raise ethical issues as human slavery does, and they also will be safer and more reliable. This technology is rather good for missions spreading human civilisation and DNA in the universe, I really wonder if the Chinese have such visions actually.
Beren wrote:
Robots or androids will be our willful slaves, which won't raise ethical issues as human slavery does, and they also will be safer and more reliable. This technology is rather good for missions spreading human civilisation and DNA in the universe, I really wonder if the Chinese have such visions actually.

Indeed, he's doing last generation paranoia.
Humans are way cheaper to acquire in large numbers and are much better at most tasks than any robots would be for decades to come.

If a country can essentially 3D print state owned, utterly obedient human slaves in vat farms, then the possibilities grow exponentially. 'muh RoBOtS' isn't an answer. Specialized robots on assembly lines sure, but there is no near-term robot technology that can encompass general task capability to that of even a middling human.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 31 Jan 2022 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:Let me guess, automation isn't happening much where you are.

I'm not wrong. Global population for example expands by ~80-100 million annually. Imagine trying to build 100 million robots in 12 months that are as versatile and capable as a human being? Good luck.

No they will use mechanization in repetitive industries, and save the vats for social engineering and all the thousands of associated industries surrounding that.
Igor Antunov wrote:
I'm not wrong.

Global population for example expands by ~80-100 million annually. Imagine trying to build 100 million robots in 12 months that are as versatile and capable as a human being? Good luck.

No they will use mechanization in repetitive industries, and save the vats for social engineering and all the thousands of associated industries surrounding that.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Rising wages means the rate at which we increase automation will increase.

Countries with demographic problems like Japan are working hard at developing automation to replace their aging workforce. The new tech they are developing will show up here.

There is steady growth that is picking up steam.

You have mentioned China, it has resource problems, water, food. That is going to put limits on their population. It also means they are destined to get interested in automation. Even China.

You should focus on how we make that inevitable future work. The one with fewer workers, and a lot fewer jobs.
late wrote:Thanks for the chuckle.

Countries with demographic problems like Japan are working hard at developing automation to replace their aging workforce. The new tech they are developing will show up here.

You have mentioned China, it has resource problems, water, food. That is going to put limits on their population. It also means they are destined to get interested in automation. Even China.

You should focus on how we make that inevitable future work. The one with fewer workers, and a lot fewer jobs.

China is fucked in the demographic department. It is the fastest aging economy in world history and the problem with that is it is not per capita rich. With very high probability, Chinese population either already peaked or will peak in 2025 or 30. From there on it is a downward slope. Manpower pool is already shrinking I think.
JohnRawls wrote:
China is fucked in the demographic department. It is the fastest aging economy in world history and the problem with that is it is not per capita rich. With very high probability, Chinese population either already peaked or will peak in 2025 or 30. From there on it is a downward slope. Manpower pool is already shrinking I think.

Not going to argue with that.

Chinese scientists create AI nanny to look after babies in artificial womb

Mandarin or Cantonese -- ? (grin)

Beren wrote:

the original war between humanity and machines which led to the creation of the titular Matrix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Animatrix

---

Igor Antunov wrote:
Humans are way cheaper to acquire in large numbers and are much better at most tasks than any robots would be for decades to come.

If a country can essentially 3D print state owned, utterly obedient human slaves in vat farms, then the possibilities grow exponentially. 'muh RoBOtS' isn't an answer. Specialized robots on assembly lines sure, but there is no near-term robot technology that can encompass general task capability to that of even a middling human.

The robot arm performs a simple, repetitive job: lifting a piece of metal into a press, which then bends the metal into a new shape. And like a person, the robot worker gets paid for the hours it works.

Jose Figueroa, who manages Polar’s production line, says the robot, which is leased from a company called Formic, costs the equivalent of $8 per hour, compared with a minimum wage of $15 per hour for a human employee. Deploying the robot allowed a human worker to do different work, increasing output, Figueroa says.

https://www.wired.com/story/rent-robot- ... ing-human/
late wrote:Thanks for the chuckle.

China by far exceeds all other markets with industrial robot adoption:

And even then to offset its demographic trends it will want to grow slaves in vats. These robots are in specialized industries. Most of the economy even in China is not based on industry but services -where people are required.
Igor Antunov wrote:Combined with genetic engineering and we could grow armies of super docile low-IQ epsilon workers that would serve as willful slaves in remedial service sector jobs.

I see no issues with this inevitable future ha ha he he...he..*dystopia induced sweating intensifies*

The baseline genetic profile will be yours I'm sure.

Anyone that obsesses over "alpha" and "beta" as much as yourself, is clearly an "epsilon" cuck male. :lol:
I was referencing Brave New World. We seem to be headed toward that dystopia. Drug legalization and mass adoption in social settings (Feelies), forced medications (meme vaccines), social credit scores (formalized caste system), handful of ultra-wealthy oligarchs controlling all world affairs (world controllers), social engineering via social media-it's all happening.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]