Chinese scientists create AI nanny to look after babies in artificial womb - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Igor Antunov wrote:
I was referencing Brave New World. We seem to be headed toward that dystopia. Drug legalization and mass adoption in social settings (Feelies), forced medications (meme vaccines), social credit scores (formalized caste system), handful of ultra-wealthy oligarchs controlling all world affairs (world controllers), social engineering via social media-it's all happening.

Why aren't you doing something with Arduino right now?

= D
Mass adoption of drugs? Where?

The people doing drugs illegally are the same people doing drugs legally. The numbers haven't increased.

All I see is a bunch of fear-mongering about the future and (gasp)CHANGE!!! :eek:

Despite your views or because of your views, @Igor Antunov, you are a Conservative. Change isn't high on your list of Likes.
Godstud wrote:Mass adoption of drugs? Where?

The people doing drugs illegally are the same people doing drugs legally. The numbers haven't increased.

All I see is a bunch of fear-mongering about the future and (gasp)CHANGE!!! :eek:

Despite your views or because of your views, @Igor Antunov, you are a Conservative. Change isn't high on your list of Likes.

Monkey see monkey do, record numbers of kids are using meth and opiates because they are so easy to get.
Igor Antunov wrote:Monkey see monkey do, record numbers of kids are using meth and opiates because they are so easy to get.
Those are not legal drugs. They are very much illegal.

Your claim was that legalization and decriminalization was part of the cause. Was that just you bullshitting?
Godstud wrote:Those are not legal drugs. They are very much illegal.

Your claim was that legalization and decriminalization was part of the cause. Was that just you bullshitting?

AKSCHULLY, small quantities of those specific drugs are no longer illegal in many countries. In my state for example if you're caught with a personal quantity of methamphetamine, cocaine, random pills, etc whether child or adult, cops can't confiscate it from you. You can even use it in public.

These are the kinds of policies destroying us from within and your laissez faire attitude is to blame.
Igor Antunov wrote:I was referencing Brave New World. We seem to be headed toward that dystopia. Drug legalization and mass adoption in social settings (Feelies), forced medications (meme vaccines), social credit scores (formalized caste system), handful of ultra-wealthy oligarchs controlling all world affairs (world controllers), social engineering via social media-it's all happening.

My best advice is just take a soma and forget it.
Igor Antunov wrote:
AKSCHULLY, small quantities of those specific drugs are no longer illegal in many countries. In my state for example if you're caught with a personal quantity of methamphetamine, cocaine, random pills, etc whether child or adult, cops can't confiscate it from you. You can even use it in public.

These are the kinds of policies destroying us from within and your laissez faire attitude is to blame.

(Just wandered into -- what -- the *culture wars* room here -- ?) (grin)

So why the blame game, IA -- ? Scoring cheap aggressive points, through finger-pointing?

[1] How is it (fill-in-the-blank) a *problem*, and

[2] If so, why not be gracious and kick-things-off with what you think society should do about it.
Igor Antunov wrote:

And even then to offset its demographic trends it will want to grow slaves in vats.

You just love going full frontal fantasy...

They won't spend much on their old people, but they will likely increase wages and bennies for the workers, meaning the young.

Industrial reproduction would be expensive, both in terms of money and the amount of labor needed. I doubt they can afford it.
Igor Antunov wrote:I'm not wrong. Global population for example expands by ~80-100 million annually. Imagine trying to build 100 million robots in 12 months that are as versatile and capable as a human being? Good luck.

Why would we do that? Those robots should only know how to do their job and they shouldn't be replaced with a new one each year, also nobody means to replace mankind with robots. I actually don't understand why we'd need this technology on earth if mankind grows that much, we'll overpopulate the planet soon and there'll be people for anything anyway, problem is that there'll be no jobs for them.
Beren wrote:Why would we do that? Those robots should only know how to do their job and they shouldn't be replaced with a new one each year, also nobody means to replace mankind with robots. I actually don't understand why we'd need this technology on earth if mankind grows that much, we'll overpopulate the planet soon and there'll be people for anything anyway, problem is that there'll be no jobs for them.

Why would that be a problem? The whole point of working is to generate goods and services to sustain the human population. If we can achieve that end through other means - for example, by automation - then human labour would no longer be required to sustain human life. This is just another way of saying that the problems of capitalism are problems of distribution. There’s no point having a fantastically efficient mode of economic production if 99% of the human race starves to death because they are unable to find jobs, jobs which are now completely pointless and unnecessary anyway. For this reason alone, capitalism is doomed in the long term.
Potemkin wrote:
Why would that be a problem? Capitalism is doomed in the long term.

Beren wrote:
Well, that's the problem, so to speak. :)

Time to take a *deep* breath right abooouuuuuut *now*:

By 8 October 2021, 14 of China's 30 biggest developers had violated the regulations at least once. Guangzhou R&F violated all three regulations; Evergrande and Greenland Holdings violated two regulations; and Aoyuan, CIFI Holdings, Country Garden, Greentown, Jiangsu Zhongnan, Risesun, Seazen Holdings, Shinsun Holdings, Sunac, Sunshine City Group, and Zhenro Group violated one of the regulations.[9] The developers mentioned had total sales in 2020 of over 4.34 trillion RMB (US$672 billion).[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%8 ... tor_crisis
Beren wrote:What's so real? That there'll be artificially created waiters? :lol:

There are more slaves today than at any point in history.

Now imagine if they never had to source them via the human trafficking trade, if they could have just grown them as needed. There would be 100x more slaves (and there will be when this technology matures). Imagine being able to grow slaves in your basement.
Igor Antunov wrote:
Your inability to embrace the implications of the technology I just created this thread about is telling. Nothing fantasy about it.

It's as real as it gets.

Your inability to understand the inherent limitations of that technology tells us more than I am allowed to say.

It's not real, and it is quite unlikely industrial reproduction ever will be.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Not in this case. Israel treats the entire Palest[…]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]

meh, we're always in crsis. If you look at the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...Other than graduating from high school and bei[…]