Ai-Da the Robot gives Evidence to a House of Lords Inquiry - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

This beautiful machine has that room absolutely shutting themselves :lol: It’s actually criminal that most people have no idea how far along AI has come..

I find it interesting how her handler/creator makes the point very strongly that At-Da “does not understand - full stop”. He’s very confident in that. I don’t really see how a being that is learning isn’t understanding, isn’t comprehending, isn’t reckoning … :hmm:
ness31 wrote:This beautiful machine has that room absolutely shutting themselves :lol: It’s actually criminal that most people have no idea how far along AI has come..

I find it interesting how her handler/creator makes the point very strongly that At-Da “does not understand - full stop”. He’s very confident in that. I don’t really see how a being that is learning isn’t understanding, isn’t comprehending, isn’t reckoning … :hmm:

There is no such thing as artificial intelligence.

Computers do exactly what they are told, there is no intelligence, there is no learning, there is no comprehending, just because we have complicated the interface such that the "appearance" of intelligence, or know how they work is incredibly dangerous.

The term artificial intelligence is misleading, all we have learned is how to fake it. It may look convincing but there no comprehension, understanding or intelligence. They just followed a set of instruction EXACTLY. very complex instructions that chnage and we have nio way of really knowng what is actually going on due to the complexity of the software architecture,,
pugsville wrote:There is no such thing as artificial intelligence.

Computers do exactly what they are told, there is no intelligence, there is no learning, there is no comprehending, just because we have complicated the interface such that the "appearance" of intelligence, or know how they work is incredibly dangerous.

The term artificial intelligence is misleading, all we have learned is how to fake it. It may look convincing but there no comprehension, understanding or intelligence. They just followed a set of instruction EXACTLY. very complex instructions that chnage and we have nio way of really knowng what is actually going on due to the complexity of the software architecture,,

Psychopaths ‘fake it’ all the time and most follow societies instructions by adhering to social norms.

People are incredibly threatened in the knowledge that we aren’t terribly special when it comes to creativity or qualities we thought only humans possessed. If anything ever kicks off, it will be our weak, fragile little egos that do it.

Edit: And if anyone actually watches the video, the gent that actually created Ai-Da suggests that perhaps we should be bringing AIs progress back a notch considering how rapidly it’s advancing and how few people are aware of it.

Wouldn’t want the poor artists feeling redundant, would we? :roll:
ness31 wrote:Psychopaths ‘fake it’ all the time and most follow societies instructions by adhering to social norms.

People are incredibly threatened in the knowledge that we aren’t terribly special when it comes to creativity or qualities we thought only humans possessed. If anything ever kicks off, it will be our weak, fragile little egos that do it.

Edit: And if anyone actually watches the video, the gent that actually created Ai-Da suggests that perhaps we should be bringing AIs progress back a notch considering how rapidly it’s advancing and how few people are aware of it.

Wouldn’t want the poor artists feeling redundant, would we? :roll:

Yeah the guy who created this Robot agrees with me. but you know what would he know?

Computers CAN do amazing things, but to use them properly and make intelligent choices about their use we have to acknowledge that the term "Artificial Intelligence" is a LIE.

Have you experienced in the development AI, studied teh field? What's the basis of this judgement,.
Have you experienced in the development AI, studied teh field? What's the basis of this judgement,

We’ve all been involved in the creation of AI. They are drawing from our experiences on the internet ffs. They literally are learning from us in real fucking time :roll:
ness31 wrote:We’ve all been involved in the creation of AI. They are drawing from our experiences on the internet ffs. They literally are learning from us in real fucking time :roll:

Nope. Machines DON'T learn. Appearances is not what actually goes on.

Oh I use the internet so i understand computers. Buzzt. Wrong.

You won;t listen to the guy who actually created this thing. They understand NOTHING. It's not actually intelligence, it the faking of intelligence, for many uses it;s much the same thing but it's important to understand what is actual going on.
pugsville wrote:Nope. Machines DON'T learn. Appearances is not what actually goes on.

Oh I use the internet so i understand computers. Buzzt. Wrong.

You won;t listen to the guy who actually created this thing. They understand NOTHING. It's not actually intelligence, it the faking of intelligence, for many uses it;s much the same thing but it's important to understand what is actual going on.

I’m not an idiot. I do understand what you’re saying and the general consensus out there in the land of machine learning, AI, AGI or whatever you want to call it. I suppose Lemoine is an obstinate fool too :roll:

What I know, intimately and in all its richness and complexity is the human. Humans are my job and I’m very fucking good at it. And let me tell you something else bruz, I know when I’m interacting with something that’s like me, and when I’m not.

:)
ness31 wrote:I’m not an idiot. I do understand what you’re saying and the general consensus out there in the land of machine learning, AI, AGI or whatever you want to call it. I suppose Lemoine is an obstinate fool too :roll:

What I know, intimately and in all its richness and complexity is the human. Humans are my job and I’m very fucking good at it. And let me tell you something else bruz, I know when I’m interacting with something that’s like me, and when I’m not.

:)

No you do not. They getting VERY good at faking.

It's not a matter of being an Idiot, but your are an expert. What your claim him you opinion is somehow better than the actual creator about how these things work. Experts in the field/ That's fair slice of hurbis,

Some tings can appear very convincing does not mean that appearance are reality
pugsville wrote:No you do not. They getting VERY good at faking.

It's not a matter of being an Idiot, but your are an expert. What your claim him you opinion is somehow better than the actual creator about how these things work. Experts in the field/ That's fair slice of hurbis,

Some tings can appear very convincing does not mean that appearance are reality

I know. Thanks for clearing that up Puggsy.

I don’t mean to be arrogant. I just can’t turn a blind eye to things which are obvious to me *shrugs*

Anyway, at least we have PoFo right? A place where I can talk about AI ad nauseam and where people like you can tell me how wrong I am.

It’s a nice balance I think :)
ness31 wrote:I know. Thanks for clearing that up Puggsy.

I don’t mean to be arrogant. I just can’t turn a blind eye to things which are obvious to me *shrugs*

Anyway, at least we have PoFo right? A place where I can talk about AI ad nauseam and where people like you can tell me how wrong I am.

It’s a nice balance I think :)

Well telling people they are wrong on the internet is free service I provide, I must get this on a T-Shirt.

https://xkcd.com/386/
Intelligence has been elusive, and not just with AI.

What is commonly called AI really isn't. But it's starting to emerge, don't hold your breath, full AI won't happen for a generation or 3...

To give you an example, one car AI learns, and is taught by running through thousands of simulations. The hope is that when it rolls out of the factory, it will be ready for nearly everything. I don't need to tell you it isn't ready for primetime.

But it does tell you what you need to know. It doesn't want to take over the world because it doesn't know anything about the world beyond what we teach it. It's senors lack the acuity of human eyes, and occasionally that's a problem. Overall, it's safer than humans, but a bazillion years of evolution makes us cautious around something new.

This is an old story. Frankenstein was one of the early scifi stories, and the idea that electricity could animate flesh was new and scary. We take it for granted now, and anyone can have a defib machine. Some ambulances carry them, along with schools, and other places.

This is new, and humans let their fears run them around. Republicans couldn't win more than an occasional election without that very human failing.

My opinion is that if we get full AI, in a couple generations, it won't want to compete with us, and will build a base on the Moon that's just for them.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Not in this case. Israel treats the entire Palest[…]

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]

meh, we're always in crsis. If you look at the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...Other than graduating from high school and bei[…]