On Courtship and Dating in Modern North American Society - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Sometimes sex can be just fun, and doesn't require a great deal of intimacy. Haven't you ever had sex where you find yourself laughing and having fun, and not getting all serious?
Point I would like to make on this thread, is that embracing a polygamous lifestyle as the status quo has to be treated with caution. We have the resources, technology to make such a lifestyle possible without immediate damaging effects; and when we see the consequences of such, we say it's unfair.
A culture similar to many of the Eastern European states is what I would prefer, people will have multiple sexual partners throughout their life, and usually healthy sexual relationships, yet they still hold traditional values in high regard when it comes down to it.
SE23 wrote:When a woman walks down the street, men don't think "oh whats her job, what are her friends like, what does she do for hobbies", no we are attracted by her looks and if you are some love struck nice guy, you will make up the rest; emotional state is important, but that goes for the men who have experience and want to settle down. Women on the other hand assess all of this, approaching a woman is the biggest test for a woman, and she will test his reactions, by frankly talking B.S to him, and seeing how he reacts.

While true in general, I suppose, that is by no means universal. There's quite a lot of variation in sexuality, beyond just homosexual and heterosexual--including levels of interest.

Personally I will look for red flags as much as possible when it comes to seeking a long term partner, all this "be a nice guy and you can both fall in love" is rubbish. Time and time again I see these males who have been infected by the disease, called niceguyitus having their hearts broken by chicks who have cheated on them with scumbags frankly. "oh why I treated her so nicely, I sent her bad poetry and dead flowers, why me".

Pretty sure actual commitment follows from joint obligations and--at some level--intellectual interest by both men and women.

Point is we have been lied to about our sexualities and natures.

Sure, we've built a culture that glorifies precisely the paradox being discussed in this thread. We've basically done this to ourselves.

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]