Sexism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Zyx
WHEREAS most people are normal, most people are sexist, so most men are sexist. From the above, one would have to imagine that sexism were the norm and, despite the word's negative suggestion that suggests it would be abnormal, sexism is normal.

WHEREAS sexism takes on a negative connotation, its definition, as given here, is a neutral one. We will define it as "a behavioral code dependent on the sex of an individual whom one, or a group, interacts." In this sense, sexism can be extended to any behavior that is justified by regards to the sex of the individual being interacted with. For this then, something as little as raising one's voice or waving or smiling is sexist so long as this behavior is done in response to the sex of an individual. This makes sexism seem rather neutral as a description.

WHEREAS behavior varies, behavior is culturally dependent. On this earth, there are a plethora of behaviors. Of the human behaviors, there is a large variety that roots itself in cultural practices. Culture, a learned trait, determines much of how we act and react. By the time that we become integrated into our societies, we, generally, behave very much differently from people of our age group in different cultures.

WHEREAS a variety of cultures exist within the United States, its most extensive culture, its macroculture, is sexist. This claim requires a bit of scholarship, but from something as small as mass media analysis, one can observe that cinematography highlights itself on observing women and men as different from one another. Beside from this, cultural symbols, like dress and toys, among other things, and icons highly distinguish men from women, so that, some can claim, that sexism is the most ubiquitous flaw of our society.

THEREFORE: BE IT RESOLVED that the American culture is found sexist and most Americans are adherent to it, thus most Americans, and hence most men, are sexist. It could be that one can suspect that American culture is not as extensive or influential as 'culture' usually implies, however it is an unreasonable assumption to think that the most wealthy of all cultures would be the least influential. Moreover, there is hardly an alternative culture, in the United States, that is not sexist, so even those uninfluenced by the macroculture likely foster sexism.

Separately, one could have started the thread specifying sexual oppression rather than sexism. This question, however, would take the same argument as the above but rather than claim that everyone were sexually oppressed, it would, after evaluating the American culture, deem that women were exclusively sexually oppressed but by both men and women (since both are deluded into being oppressive.)

How was my typing style? Also, to the OP, define your terms next time!
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
I'm a sexist. I feel women are better off maintaining the social heirarchy and staying in the home, so the the dad can take longer hours and the children can get the bull benefit of their mother. If day care yields about the same results as a mother, than I don't care and women can do whatever they want.

But I'm also a slight bit concerned with women's voting habits. See John R Lott.
By QatzelOk
Cheese, you forgot to say "WHEREAS."

V wrote:Do we have any female feminists in here?

You sound like you've just kicked open a barn door when you ask this in this way. "in here" What is that supposed to mean, Farmer V?
By Oxymoron
You sound like you've just kicked open a barn door when you ask this in this way. "in here" What is that supposed to mean, Farmer V?

:lol: :lol: Yosemiti Sam style yo.
By netochka
Do we have any female feminists in here? In the view of women, are guys generally sexist in some way or another?

Maybe it's the men whom I choose to spend time with or perhaps I have a different view on feminism, but no, I do not find men, generally, to be sexist within my own culture.
By MistyTiger
I find guys sexist, when they're trying to be funny or just using it to make a point. Most of the time, I don't notice any sexism.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]