What makes one homophobic? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Truth-a-naut
If you're not into it, you're not into it. I see no reason why you should pretend to be.
By The Immortal Goon
I honestly get utterly disgusted when i see a male and female kissing.
I find it repulsive. If I watch a movie and there's a male and female kissing I automatically assume the woman is a slut, same if i see people doing it in public.

Perhaps this is common?

It used to be

By Zagadka
I believe homophobia is a natural response to homosexuality btw.

Only if you're pressed. Homophobia is feear that teh ghey is contagious and the queers are out to get you, not if you don't get a boner every time you see Liam Neeson.
By Sephardi
No. Homophobia implies a hate and fear of gays.
Yes, it's really gross when two men getting "intimate" with each other, that doesn't mean you're homophobic.
If you see someone taking a shit, do you hate and fear them because of it? It's gross, but it doesn't mean you hate them or are scared of them.

Exactly. I personally never knew that I was "homophobic" or some shit like that until my girlfriend told me this when I was walking through the park and saw two gay couples going at it. My reaction was "WTF children go here man". And my girlfriend's was "OMG you're so homophobic". I'm like "I'm not but I don't wanna see two queers making out".

And half of my friends and family are homophobic themselves. I don't think I'm homophobic though. I just don't like seeing two queers make out. Then I have the "Liberal brigade" telling me I'm homophobic. I don't have a phobia against gays or anything. I just don't like seeing them going at it in the park when I'm on a date with my girlfriend.

I can't really be friends with drug abusers either. I always felt weird around them.

That rules out the chance of me and Donald ever being friends :lol:
By Demosthenes
Admit it, this entire thread is just an elaborate cry for attention. You need to take the cock don't you? You are the "queer" one, aren't you?

You're a sausage lover right? All this hokus pokus about kissing is really all about your own insecurity and inability to relate to yourself as a gay man isn't it?

Tell us about your mother. Did she...well, you should tell, I don't want to put words in your mouth.
By Truth-a-naut
Admit it, this entire thread is just an elaborate cry for attention. You need to take the cock don't you? You are the "queer" one, aren't you?

You're a sausage lover right? All this hokus pokus about kissing is really all about your own insecurity and inability to relate to yourself as a gay man isn't it?

Tell us about your mother. Did she...well, you should tell, I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Words like these drive apprehension concerning homosexuality into the nether reaches of the psyche, where they fester and manifest themselves into some sort of hate crime.

Dragging someone behind a pickup comes to mind, while "I wish I was in Dixie" blares over the 8-trac.
By Sephardi
No. Homophobia implies a hate and fear of gays.
Yes, it's really gross when two men getting "intimate" with each other, that doesn't mean you're homophobic.
If you see someone taking a shit, do you hate and fear them because of it? It's gross, but it doesn't mean you hate them or are scared of them.

:?: What the hell is wrong with you man. The only people I can really look up in life to is my parents. This thread is not a cry for attention. I just have debates with my friends how I'm not homophobic and what I feel is a natural response to seeing gays.
By Douglas
I just have debates with my friends how I'm not homophobic and what I feel is a natural response to seeing gays.

No it's a natural response to seeing gays make out, not gays in general. We went over this.

Could be worse, I have a similarly wretched reaction to fat people.
By Douglas
Oh dear demo....

This wasn't a thread about his sexuality. It seems it is only you who seems totally obsessed with that. It's a little weird of you.

The thread is about whether or not feeling repulsed by same-sex public kissing is homophobic or not. It isn't and this thread should have ended it at that.

You have now stretched this thread out because for some bizarre reason you seem to want the original poster to admit to being gay. Now I'm not sure exactly what your motives are behind that but I can take a guess.
By xjoe3x
Sephardi you just seem to have a disgust from the display of affection between two male homosexuals. Definitely not homophobia. Not even close. Homophobia is just an abused term. Do you hear people calling everyone that goes "eww gross a spider" arachnophobic? Of course not. Same thing.
By netochka
There is nothing more erotic than two beautiful young males kissing. Long live homosexuality.
By NoRapture
I'm only phobic of neocon or conservative gays. For some reason they're scarier than straight conservatives. Maybe because I fear their self-loathing transcends all humanity. Get them in high, powerful places and we could all be in trouble.
By QatzelOk
Homophobia is caused by an inability to have healthy heterosexual relationships.

This frustrates heterosexually inclined males into "creating" a fake heterosexuality out of loathing the other.

Misogyny is created the same way, by males who feel unfulfilled in their gender.

And racism and apartheid are results of a failed culture.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
You just have all the answers, don't you Qatz?

Homophobia is definitely not an indicator of an inability to have normal relationships, neither is misogyny. The trick is to find someone that shares your views on homos and women, which isn't as hard as people attempt to portray it. Many women subscribe to the gender inferiority viewpoint, and those same women probably don't have a high opinion of gay men.

These terms mean even less to relationship health when you use the standard liberal definitions, which is "disapproving of gays" and "belief in gender roles" respectively.
By Sephardi
Eh I got over it by the way. Goddammit - I'm feeling more and more like a Libertarian and Agnostic everyday. :lol:

Whatever though. Let people do whatever they want. I still have something against drug-users though so watch out heroin-takin fiends. I'll be coming soon. ;)
By Frosty
I don't really know if this would be "homophobia", but many people have said that I'm "homophobic" because I do not like watching gay people kiss in the middle of the street, and almost barfed once. If a guy is close to me, I have to get away. I can't stand near gay people without feeling like I need to get away. I don't know if I'm homophobic, but I don't care.

I find people like you hilarious.
By QatzelOk
I do not like watching gay people kiss in the middle of the street, and almost barfed once

Did you say "I do not like?"

Rather than "I don't?"

And did you say "almost barfed once?"

Instead of "felt depressed and angry for no reason?"

These texts are satirical, but they have a grain of social truth in them. And the lack of healthy sexual relations with other people is what causes homophobia or any other phobia that regards other people.

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]