Israel protests at Gay Pride in Toronto - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By chuuzetsu
Northern free soil movements were in fact largely rooted in racism and a desire to keep blacks out of new territories and from keeping black slave labor from competing against free white labor.

I don't disagree with you.

There were, by the way, some white slaves and at one point in time many Indian slaves. The trouble was that they tended to die off and were less readily available than black slave labor. Bizarrely there were also some black slave owners in the antebellum South, including a one in Louisiana (I don't recall the name) holding over 2,000 slaves.

I thought everyone knew there were Indian slaves at one point? And yes, there were indeed black slave owners that owned black slaves (a rather insignificant number, however).
By Zyx
Dave wrote:The trouble was that they tended to die off and were less readily available than black slave labor.

How is this at all consistent with your earlier statements on race being irrelevant?

If the reason why there were Black slaves was because Whites were limited, Native Americans died off and (what you didn't mention) Asians were farther than Africans, how can you say that racial aversion was the reason for slavery?

You should at least apply your whole knowledge bank properly, Dave.

Since neither of these things are happening, we c[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

. An interesting point, and well put. :)

My position has always been very clear. Ukraine s[…]

No Sword man, the truth is you are claiming white[…]