Difference in Perceptions Between Vietnam War and Gulf War 1 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By NoRapture
What is wrong with you? Are you unable to even discern the difference between truth and falsehoods?
Once again, Popi Bush bailed on his crew over the Pacific. They died. I posted testimony from WWII Vet fliers attesting to the low probability of Bush's plane, a TBF Avenger, catching fire as was described. You have absolutely nothing, zero with which to dispute any of it. Not surprising since the bail-out and crash have lived under a haze of suspicion ever since. Courts martial procedures were initiated and withdrawn at the time and technical questions like the ones linked have gone unanswered. Put up or shut up, Dave. I'm not going to haggle over your childish obfuscation of the subject matter. Bush bailed on his crew. They died. He'd have been better off by shutting up about it. But he's an arrogant coward who thinks even his lowly behavior in war should be recognized as heroism. The cowardly apple fell at the foot of the tree and fucked up the whole country beyond help.
By Huntster
I posted testimony from WWII Vet fliers attesting to the low probability of Bush's plane, a TBF Avenger, catching fire as was described. You have absolutely nothing, zero with which to dispute any of it.

Bush's testimony disputes it. He was there, and he was officially debriefed. It's a part of Naval record, not a "Democratic Veterans" website 60 years later. It was also part and parcel of the war crime trials held on Guam before the war was even over.

Not surprising since the bail-out and crash have lived under a haze of suspicion ever since. Courts martial procedures were initiated and withdrawn at the time and technical questions like the ones linked have gone unanswered.

Please provide evidence of this court martial and documentation regarding it's withdrawal.

He'd have been better off by shutting up about it.

He did. Under orders. The events of ChiChi Jima were classified until about 10 years ago (after the 50 year window). The events were declassified and written about, and after the declassification, George Bush and a number of his fellow veterans (including Japanese) went back to ChiChi Jima.

Can you tell us more about that, NoRapture?
Last edited by Huntster on 30 Oct 2009 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
By Dave
NoRapture wrote:Once again, Popi Bush bailed on his crew over the Pacific. They died. I posted testimony from WWII Vet fliers attesting to the low probability of Bush's plane, a TBF Avenger, catching fire as was described. You have absolutely nothing, zero with which to dispute any of it. Not surprising since the bail-out and crash have lived under a haze of suspicion ever since. Courts martial procedures were initiated and withdrawn at the time and technical questions like the ones linked have gone unanswered. Put up or shut up, Dave. I'm not going to haggle over your childish obfuscation of the subject matter. Bush bailed on his crew. They died. He'd have been better off by shutting up about it. But he's an arrogant coward who thinks even his lowly behavior in war should be recognized as heroism. The cowardly apple fell at the foot of the tree and fucked up the whole country beyond help.

-I have shown you that the type of aircraft Bush flew can and does catch fire
-Court martials are routine for suspected incompetence in the military, and unless you have produce evidence of the proceedings that are relevant then it is not relevant to the issue
-You have repeatedly lied (such as claiming that the TBM Avenger was a different aircraft and that it was commercially manufactured after the war) to support your case
-Another member of Bush's crew bailed out but his parachute malfunctioned, bailouts during the war of course were routine

You should be involuntarily committed to a mental asylum. I'm not even kidding. You have no ability to discern fantasy from reality and are completely unable to relate to other people.
By redcarpet
Anyone who claims human rights are innate is a dupe.

Human rights is a concept that emerged in the Age of Enlightenment. To discredit the absolutism of monarchs required destroying their justifications. To argue that rights of citizens exist even if a government doesn't recognise them is refutation. Including that they are inherent. That's part of the propaganda line.

Human rights, like all other political concepts, was created to achieve political aims. At the national level in Western states they're overwhelmingly successful because liberal values are recognised in the laws and socially viewed as a core representation of acceptable human society. Internationally via the UN, ICJ & ICC it's about 3/5 success rate. Just above the bar of a pass mark.
By millie_(A)TCK
Human rights is a concept that emerged in the Age of Enlightenment. To discredit the absolutism of monarchs required destroying their justifications. To argue that rights of citizens exist even if a government doesn't recognise them is refutation. Including that they are inherent. That's part of the propaganda line.

Human rights, like all other political concepts, was created to achieve political aims. At the national level in Western states they're overwhelmingly successful because liberal values are recognised in the laws and socially viewed as a core representation of acceptable human society. Internationally via the UN, ICJ & ICC it's about 3/5 success rate. Just above the bar of a pass mark.

yes yes yes, I know all that. You're arguing against what I said without even knowing my reason for stating human rights are innate. You've assumed wrongly that I base it on western notions of human rights.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]