Binary conditioning - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Cookie Monster
Do modern societies favour those who are conditioned in binary toughts and binary language (on or off, yes or no, do or don't)?
By Cartertonian
Zyx wrote wrote:What a binary question.
:lol:

I suspect you need to flesh out your question a little more, Cookie Monster.

From my PoV as a psychiatric nurse, I would say that modern society continually strives to ascribe scientific definitions to and adapt scientific models for human behaviour. Conditioning being a process of behaviour moulding or modification, the concept of binary conditioning would speak to me of precisely the sort of cognitive processing impediments that so widely afflict members of this very board. :lol: That is to say, Black and White thinking, as Beck (Aaron T, btw, not Glenn ;)) would put it.

I suppose, therefore, that modern societies might have a preference for members whose views polarise. Providing for the needs - real and percieved - of members whose views are distributed evenly over a broad range is more difficult than catering for the needs of those who believe one thing...or its polar opposite.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]