The impact of women independence in the family life - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hi all,

According to my conception of normal marital and family life, man has different functions than woman. They have different roles in the house; if one of them tried to take the other's role, it would impact their life negatively.
I am not sure yet if my theory is true.

What I have seen in the Western World (the US specifically) was that women do every thing men have to do; women share men in their family obligations. (I mean by the men obligations: the traditional men obligation to the family such as the responsibility to provide for the family)

So, I would like to hear from you (both men & women) whether this independence of women has impacted the life of western family or not? I am curious to know if my theory about allocating different functions between men and women is necessary for stable family.

*Please consider that:
1-I am not with or against; I am inquiring.
2-I am not talking about the issue legally. In fact, as a libertarian, I am against any regulations that deprive women's rights or equality. I am just talking "culturally" (if that is the proper word).
3-I am not comparing in this matter between the West and the Middle East (I agree that women situation in the Middle East is terrible).
Well Pandoras box is open, having said that I believe a household is only succesful if both parties share the burden of its upkeep.
Obviously both genders have their specific strenghts and weaknesses, and a succesful marriage/partnership is built on figuring those out and filling in the gaps where needed. On a Macro level, women must realise that child birth trumps career, that is if they want to be happy. If women understand their main role as a mother, and society rewards them for it we would be in far better shape.
OIA wrote:Hi all,

According to my conception of normal marital and family life, man has different functions than woman.

They have different roles in the house; if one of them tried to take the other's role, it would impact their life negatively.
I am not sure yet if my theory is true.

It's not true. If it were, my wife and I would not have the awesome marriage we have now.
"If women understand their main role as a mother, and society rewards them for it we would be in far better shape."
This an important point. In some societies women are actually rewarded socially for being a mom more than a female doctor who is able to be a mom but does not want to!

My mom does not work; she spends all her time raising us. I believe my family is one of the happiest! I do not believe my mom would be as successful if she was busy out of the house.

I do not discourage women to be successful in their education & career, but I think focusing on education & career would affect their family life.

Thanks for your reply Oxymoron.
My mom does not work; she spends all her time raising us. I believe my family is one of the happiest! I do not believe my mom would be as successful if she was busy out of the house.

Well thats good for her, but to be honest I would hate to be married to someone who just stayed at home. But thats my personal take, I think as long as a woman has her priorities straight she can easily work, and help support family structure. Same goes for man.

I do not discourage women to be successful in their education & career, but I think focusing on education & career would affect their family life.

I agree, a woman should concentrate on family first everything else second.
OIA wrote:Pants-of-dog,

I hope you and your wife a happy life.

I just want to ask you how do you imagine your life if you have children in the future and still you and your wife are busy with your jobs?

We have kids. We both share the joys and burdens of parenting. Both my wife and I concentrate on family first and everything else second.
Fasces wrote:Women are ungrateful thieves that should only be kept around for use of their cunts and taking care of kids.

The greatest attack on family life was the law banning men from disciplining their unruly women, followed by no fault divorce.

Fucking feminism gone mad.
Your irony points to the basic problem. Societies hugely varied in the past across time and culture. There is no one traditional society to return to. Liberals are also inconsistent though. So for example most so called Liberals are actually bigoted Conservatives and want to deny people the right to choose their gender. There are many people who society defines as men or boys who would prefer to use the female changing rooms and showers.
Marriage is about give and take, mutual respect, and trust. Feminism really doesn't enter into it.

Pants-of-dog wrote:We have kids. We both share the joys and burdens of parenting. Both my wife and I concentrate on family first and everything else second.
QFT. That's a winning combination.

Fasces wrote:Women are ungrateful thieves that should only be kept around for use of their cunts and taking care of kids.
Bitter much? I sure hope this is sarcasm.
Fasces wrote:Women are ungrateful thieves that should only be kept around for use of their cunts and taking care of kids. The greatest attack on family life was the law banning men from disciplining their unruly women, followed by no fault divorce. Fucking feminism gone mad.

Do you have a lady in your life now?
Full time work is an unnecessary evil, the idea of gender roles is just expression of the way capitalism has deformed society into a unworkable mess. Why are the demands of work so extreme? Really there isnt that much real work to be done and fact too much work is wasteful and harmful outside of the incredibly stupidity of it all.

The OP whys isnt the impact of men's independence on family life? In General it's men who are choosing Independence over responsibility as far as children goes.
Stormsmith wrote:
Do you have a lady in your life now?

Yes. I found an Issan girl on Soi Cowboy, wooed her, and then emigrated with her to a new country where she does not speak the language or have any family or friends or independent support network so that she is completely devoted to and undistracted from the family. I don't even have to beat her anymore, saved a lot of money on belts, and she wouldn't even know what divorce means let alone look for one.

We are very happy. This totally one sided relationship is great. I hate people - a walking and talking, but not too much now, seen not heard, real doll is just perfect for me.

Fucking feminism is ruining everything. I want an obedient sex strumpet not a partner.
As society (in particular, Western capitalist society) normalises the notion that 'equality' is somehow analogous with both partners having to work, it becomes increasingly difficult for those women who do prioritise motherhood over career to be accepted. My wife wanted to be a full-time mum and as soon as I joined the Army in 1997 (and my income virtually doubled overnight) she did so. Thereafter, however, she lost count of the very short conversations she had with other Army wives that ran along the lines of,

"So, what do you do?" > "I'm a full-time mum!" > Cue moments of awkward silence before her interlocutor spots someone else they know and departs.

That's a real shame, Cartertonian. It seems some mothers really don't understand that mothering is a full time job. The idiots not realizing that, are the ones who need to get a clue. Better off not knowing those types... low IQs and all...
Godstud wrote:That's a real shame, Cartertonian. It seems some mothers really don't understand that mothering is a full time job. The idiots not realizing that, are the ones who need to get a clue. Better off not knowing those types... low IQs and all...

[youtube]QoJrMaFlxOk[/youtube]

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]