Why Generation Y Yuppies Are Unhappy - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The article is talking about a "micro-generation," like the generation between the Greatest Generation and the Boomers (these would be the people portrayed in the film Animal House).

The micro-generation they're speaking about is the one sometimes called Generation Catalano, Generation Why?, or The Oregon Trail Generation (this is clearly the best name).

These would be people born during the Carter administration that are too young to really be considered Generation X, and too old to be considered a Millennial. Apparently we're still self-centered enough to come up with twenty different names for ourselves and wax endlessly about how special we are.
As Gen Yer, I want to say. I deserve everything, fuck all of you.

Seriously speaking though, we are a product of our parents, so whenever some old folgie complains about young people, simply say "you raised me, and you created the world I live in."
Here's my advice to Lucy:

1) Fuck ambition. Be a human being first. If you want to be ambitious, pick up a book or volunteer at a homeless shelter.

2) If you want to be special, get off the treadmill. Find something worthwhile to do with your life. Earn only enough money to live simply; this is the ultimate act of rebellion.

3) Find your friends. Get closer to your family. Listen to people and learn.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house without[…]

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]