Gender Neutral Pronouns to be Introduced in London Transport - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
stephen50right wrote:It's gone way beyond that in the United States.

I sincerely doubt this.

And yes that is trampling on the majority if the signs are confusing and silly, just to please a fractional segment of society who are mentally and emotionally disturbed.

If your entire argument is that you have trouble reeading some signs, it would seem that no one's rights are affected at all by treating trans people just like everyone else.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I sincerely doubt this.

If your entire argument is that you have trouble reeading some signs, it would seem that no one's rights are affected at all by treating trans people just like everyone else.

<<< network of trains and buses >>>

Think it thru...people are in a hurry scurrying about, trying to get on/off the trains and buses, and quickly reading a silly sign that they shouldn't have to read could cause a problem.
It is social engineering / ideological propaganda being pushed by elements of the regime. It is blatant and it is annoying.

And it is being pushed by people who can't take criticism. Who justify it on the basis of victim-hood. That makes it authoritarian too. Identity politics is divisive anti-social behavior.

Fine, who cares if you put sexually identifiable symbolism on traffic lights-if other kinds of arbitrary symbolism were allowed. Let's say, a Christian cross-you can bet it would cause offense and be taken down in a second because promoting traditional marriage/rival dogma is offensive these days.

Suddenly we have an answer-neutrality. Don't put anything on the traffic lights. Just a big old green circle.

Here it is in a nutshell-it is a moral panic. Instead of being pushed by traditionalist conservatives on the basis of cult-like values, this new moralism is being pushed by leftist ideologues on the basis of cult-like values. It must be shut down whenever it arises, from wherever. It is a big deal because it is infesting schools, universities, media, now government. Extremists with extremist views must be resisted.
Igor Antunov wrote:Keep in mind these already exist in britain:

When you inject agenda where it doesn't belong, you get rightful flack for pushing propaganda. Whatever happened to neutrality?

So heterosexual couples can't cross there? Why not just use a green light?
Igor Antunov wrote:Pronouns exist to identify people as gendered foxes and cats. That's just stupid.

According to modern medicine transsexualism on its own is a mental illness-the process of becoming male or female to fit sense of self is seen as a cure. Therefore there are only males, females and chromosomal degenerates (true hermaphrodites/super males, super females, etc). I know there are legal designations for a third sex in places like Iran, parts of India etc, but those are still primitive cultures not yet developed where caste systems and tribal honor codes are still commonplace.

Only three categories of pronouns required. Pick one. If we're going to attach pronouns to designate a particular cognitive illness, or sexual fetish, then the plot has been lost.

Won't somebody think of Igor? His feelings must be taken into consideration!
We have gender quotas here in the workplace. Now tell me how that's 'no big deal', you know, being passed over for a job because your genitals aren't compatible with the quota. Or how about the fact that these people encourage Islamic extremists to migrate here and be settled in our communities. The green party here is just as regressive as the ones in Europe. I don't just complain on the internet.

I make sure to inform people prior to election time of their shenanigans. Alternative parties made huge headway last election because of those of us who bother to make an effort.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 10 Dec 2016 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
Igor Antunov wrote:We have gender quotas here in the workplace. Now tell me how that's 'no big deal', you know, being passed over for a job because your genitals aren't compatible with the quota.

Hm, yeah, I could see how that might distress you. Getting passed on for a job because of your genitals must be one of the worst feelings in the world. Women just don't know how bad men have it. :excited:
If your qualifications are equivalent, I can see the good intentions behind a female quota. In reality, filling the quota is now taking precedence over qualification. That is also degrading for the women - I wouldn't want to get a job just because I have a vagina; that's a bit like sleeping your way up, just without the actual act.
Hm, wonder how Igor managed to derail this topic by talking about gender and racial quotas?

Oh that's right, he's just a flaming bigot so of course it relates to this topic. Because everything in his silly reality is a means to the end of maintaining his gender and racial privilege. Too bad he's a dirty slav that will never be truly white.

Frollein wrote:If your qualifications are equivalent, I can see the good intentions behind a female quota. In reality, filling the quota is now taking precedence over qualification. That is also degrading for the women - I wouldn't want to get a job just because I have a vagina; that's a bit like sleeping your way up, just without the actual act.

It's hard to argue with you when I have no idea what quota you're talking about. The problem is that you have cases like this last election: clearly Hillary was way more qualified for president, but a man who admitted to sexual assault wins because "she's a corrupt cunt so I'll never vote for her" (paraphrasing the sentiment).
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:The problem is that you have cases like this last election: clearly Hillary was way more qualified for president, but a man who admitted to sexual assault wins because "she's a corrupt cunt so I'll never vote for her" (paraphrasing the sentiment).

So people should have to vote according to a quota?

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]