Oxford University to impose Gender-Neutral "Ze" in place of "He" & "She" - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Frollein wrote:You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of a debating forum. It is exactly the place to practice different opinions, even those you disagree with. If that is too much for you, why not leave?

Yours is the typical left-"liberal" reaction: censor everything you disagree with, because "we can't give these dissenters (in left-lib speech: "bigots") a platform."

:roll:

This is where it starts, the Holdomor and the killing fields of Cambodia are where it ends. Hang on what am I saying, Cambodia was all our fault because we dropped a few bombs, it was in no way the responsibility of crazed Communist ideologues.
I love stories like this. This is just the kind of absurd foot-shooting that has become the hallmark of the left. A story like this drives otherwise reasonable people away from the left and gives me (as a conservative) SO much more power that I wish there were even more.

Oxford is just another failing university. The smug self-importance of the folks there give clear illustration to my assertion that colleges and universities are WAY over-funded and WAY under-managed. Fortunately with a republican administration in the US and conservative gains in most every state, we are in a position to rid ourselves of the administrators and professors trying to foist this ignorance on the rest of us and replace them with people interested in educating our young. (And that is done first by establishing standards that the people who fund these universities find acceptable.)

Needless to say this is yet another victory for the far right. Arguing in favor of this time vampire is not going to serve one well in the future. It is past time that college administrators and professors understand that they are employees of the people and that the job of a student is to sit down, shut up and learn.
Drlee wrote:Oxford is just another failing university.

I guess that's one way to describe the university ranked #1 in the world.

Drlee wrote:Fortunately with a republican administration in the US and conservative gains in most every state, we are in a position to rid ourselves of the administrators and professors trying to foist this ignorance on the rest of us and replace them with people interested in educating our young.

Yes, the science-denying, illiterate, pig-ignorant Trump vote is really interested in educating our young. "Our universities are way over-funded" sounds like exactly the sort of "pro-education" position the world needs. But hey, come to think of it, I hear Donald Trump makes tremendous universities. With great people. The best people. :lol:

Drlee wrote:It is past time that college administrators and professors understand that they are employees of the people and that the job of a student is to sit down, shut up and learn.

I think you wanted to say "obey" rather than "learn", because even if this story were true - which it isn't, as has been pointed out multiple times in this thread! - students pushing boundaries and occasionally being little shits is not inconsistent with "learning". In fact, it's a big part of how they learn.
Drlee wrote:
It is past time that college administrators and professors understand that they are employees of the people and that the job of a student is to sit down, shut up and learn.

I think you wanted to say "obey" rather than "learn", because even if this story were true - which it isn't, as has been pointed out multiple times in this thread! - students pushing boundaries and occasionally being little shits is not inconsistent with "learning". In fact, it's a big part of how they learn.

Drlee has a very good point here. I hated my college years for this very reason. I only had one professor who was interested in hearing opposing opinions. He was Russian. All of the others were there to indoctrinate me into their way of thinking and if I spoke up against them, it resulted in public ridicule and even poor grades. The student atmosphere copied the dominant propaganda of the staff. Our universities are institutions of propaganda, not learning.
And still there are people coming into this thread believing this completely fake news story. Shame, @Drlee, I thought you were one of the good ones.

Hey. This is a new era. The world according to Trump. I have a very good brain. The best. My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault. The beauty of me is that I am very rich too.

I guess that's one way to describe the university ranked #1 in the world.

The only card Heisenberg has is the woman’s card. She’s got nothing else to offer and frankly, if Heisenberg were a man, I don’t think she’d get 5 percent of the vote. The only thing she’s got going is the woman’s card, and the beautiful thing is, women don’t like her.

Well. At least good enough to troll a thread like this one. It seems to me that the key is to lace the outrageous with just enough truth........

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]