Oxford University to impose Gender-Neutral "Ze" in place of "He" & "She" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:This story seemed fake, and then turned out to be fake as fuck. I think this topic should be deleted, to be honest. There's nothing good that can come of giving our intolerant members of the forum a place to practice their bigotry.
Oh look another SJW prohibiting people from speaking. Fake or not the story is not far from reality as you have even proved yourself.

If you do not like "bigotry" here, then dont post here. Go away.
Last edited by Albert on 14 Dec 2016 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
It was obviously bias reporting, but today you have to read them or nothing. I never read a single news source anymore. They have made me so paranoid I have to check 6 other sources to see what was left out.

Edit: If this was a deliberate fake, then I strongly object to it. There is enough lies in the world.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:There's nothing good that can come of giving our intolerant members of the forum a place to practice their bigotry.

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of a debating forum. It is exactly the place to practice different opinions, even those you disagree with. If that is too much for you, why not leave?

Yours is the typical left-"liberal" reaction: censor everything you disagree with, because "we can't give these dissenters (in left-lib speech: "bigots") a platform."

:roll:
All of this is a sign of collective mental illness. Never in history have we attempted to assign a neutral gender identity to anyone and it is symptomatic of how England and the rest of Europe are becoming increasingly insane.

There is no justification for such a move. There is nothing wrong with distinguishing between male and female, it is completely natural and normal.

Why is Europe destroying itself like this? It makes no sense. None of this achieves anything. Social justice struggles of the past used to be for tangible and real objectives such as the right of women to vote for civil rights for African Americans. Today it is just superflous culture war.

A man is always a man and a woman is always a woman. There is no "ze" or any other imagined nonsense.
Frollein wrote:You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of a debating forum. It is exactly the place to practice different opinions, even those you disagree with. If that is too much for you, why not leave?

Yours is the typical left-"liberal" reaction: censor everything you disagree with, because "we can't give these dissenters (in left-lib speech: "bigots") a platform."

:roll:
Indeed, I like how the modern leftie politicians put it. "We must control the argument, we can not let the populist frame the argument on current issues." :O

Basically what they are saying is that only our liberal progressive view should be expressed. Ironically same PC/censorship bullshit that is giving rise to populist parties to begin with. As rational debate is no longer possible in the mainstream parties without ruining ones career.
Political Interest wrote:All of this is a sign of collective mental illness. Never in history have we attempted to assign a neutral gender identity to anyone and it is symptomatic of how England and the rest of Europe are becoming increasingly insane.

There is no justification for such a move. There is nothing wrong with distinguishing between male and female, it is completely natural and normal.

Why is Europe destroying itself like this? It makes no sense. None of this achieves anything. Social justice struggles of the past used to be for tangible and real objectives such as the right of women to vote for civil rights for African Americans. Today it is just superflous culture war.

A man is always a man and a woman is always a woman. There is no "ze" or any other imagined nonsense.

The Oxford Union has denied producing the pamphlet in the first place. Or, to put it more bluntly, the Daily Mail is making shit up again. Take a deep breath, because the Destruction of All That Is Good And Pure has been put off for at least another day.
@Frollein @Albert I'm sorry, I missed the part where this actually happened. It's fake news. Why should this forum or any other be a depository for right-wing propaganda?

Albert wrote:Basically what they are saying is that only our liberal progressive view should be expressed. Ironically same PC/censorship bullshit that is giving rise to populist parties to begin with. As rational debate is no longer possible in the mainstream parties without ruining ones career.

I actually don't give a shit about any views being expressed. I just don't like fake news that is obviously fake where everybody circlejerks about how bad it would be if it actually was happening while nothing is actually happening.
Actually, I would like to commend most of the liberal leaning members of POFO. My views drew a lot more hostility several months ago than they have upon my return after the election. There must be a willingness among them to reflect and listen. I will therefore admit to being embarrassed that I find myself defending Trump. He is certainly not my ideal, but he was there when the pendulum decided to swing and we should all hope it continues to swing to prevent either side from gaining too much power.
It wasn't clear that this was fake news at first, which says a lot about left-liberal politics. Universities enforcing insane minority cuddling policies is also fact, not fake. After it became known that this was fake news, the discussion changed to a general debate about the issue of "transgender pronouns," which is a perfectly valid subject to discuss, so if you don't like it, tough shit! Stop whining about "bigots" when you don't like other opinions, or stop posting.
Why should I stop posting unless the forum administrators say that I should? :lol:

Maybe you should start thinking before you post, as it was pretty clearly fake to me. My big thing is that you just feel like it's true, you want it to be true, even though it's not actually true. That's a big problem on both sides, people ignoring reality because something feels like reality.
Why should people stop posting here because you think its bigotry? Then you cry and bitch about it when same attitude is flung back at you.

Did your fee feels ger hurt? Want to cry about intolerance now?

And no, last thing I want is these stories to be actually true. Im not an SJW waiting for Trump to be impeached, grasping at every new opinion "story" that says there might be a possibility.
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Why should I stop posting unless the forum administrators say that I should? :lol:

Because you have obviously difficulties with tolerating dissenting opinions and it's less preposterous than asking the admins to remove whole threads that you disapprove of.

Maybe you should start thinking before you post, as it was pretty clearly fake to me. My big thing is that you just feel like it's true, you want it to be true, even though it's not actually true. That's a big problem on both sides, people ignoring reality because something feels like reality.

:eh: I didn't even participate in that discussion. Maybe you should heed your own advice?
Frollein wrote:It wasn't clear that this was fake news at first, which says a lot about left-liberal politics. Universities enforcing insane minority cuddling policies is also fact, not fake. After it became known that this was fake news, the discussion changed to a general debate about the issue of "transgender pronouns," which is a perfectly valid subject to discuss, so if you don't like it, tough shit! Stop whining about "bigots" when you don't like other opinions, or stop posting.

OK, fair enough. On the whole "pronouns" thing: I personally think it is silly, and more than a little narcissistic on the part of the people advocating it. It's not contributing to the "downfall of western civilisation", though. This sort of stuff has been a staple at universities, probably forever. By definition, they're places where intelligent but naive kids go to try things out and push boundaries a bit. For the most part, they grow out of it as they get older. The ones who don't generally become fringe professional student politicians, and ignoring them is simpler than pretending they're some sort of terrifying spectre about to destroy the west.

More broadly though, there isn't really any reason to get wound up and defensive if a transgender person asks to be called by a certain name, or pronoun, or whatever. It requires literally zero effort, and fits in with the general idea of treating people as you'd like to be treated yourself. If a man in with stubble and a square jaw asks you to call him Bonnie, but is otherwise being perfectly pleasant, why bother starting an argument for its own sake?
You can think something is silly without thinking it's a huge deal, you know. There are so many more important things to worry about in the world, that I just can't see the point in wasting my energy on berating someone for asking to be called by a different name or pronoun.

I read something the other day by Peter Hitchens, who is something of a firebrand right-winger in the UK. He said that he saw the transgender issue as a trap for "silly conservatives". Given how incensed people like you get over it, I'm starting to think he has a point. :lol: I mean, ultimately, we're talking about a trivial number of people, who aren't harming you in any way. And yet, your side comes out with bullshit like "this is symptomatic of how England and the rest of Europe are becoming increasingly insane" and "why is Europe destroying itself like this?", while having the gall to say that everyone else is being too sensitive. :|
You're right. Why waste time and energy calling someone by a preferred pronoun, when you can follow the simple, easy route of berating them, telling them they are insane, and generally being a spiteful arsehole instead? That makes perfect sense! :knife:

The most ridiculous thing about this is that if people like you would just let it go and follow the childishly simple principle of treating people as they wish to be treated, (incidentally, a major part of the Christian doctrine that your side pretends to believe in!) then it wouldn't be a major issue at all. But I guess conservatives just can't help themselves - they just have to make everything about them, and how they are special snowflakes, even if it is demonstrably self-defeating. :lol:

You just don't know what lurks within. :lol:[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]