Why do girls always want older boyfriends? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Then again...
Marrying a Younger Woman Helps Men Live Longer
Recent studies have unleashed a jaw-dropping verdict that one of the secrets to longevity is to marry someone younger than your age or of your same age. Researchers conclude that men live longer if they marry younger women. According to this report, men marrying women 15 or 17 years younger than them reduce their chances of premature death by one fifth. The same study suggests that men reduce their chances of premature death by at least 11% by choosing wife seven to nine years younger than them. On the other hand, choosing an older wife would mean increasing one’s chances of premature death by 11%.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/143 ... onger.html

So.. :lol:

Learn:
10 Advantages of Marrying an Older Man
He is successful.
He is mature.
He is more stable in life.
He is more responsible.
He is sexually experienced as well.
He is less likely to stray.
He will have more time for you.
You will be more open-minded.
He will help you live in the present.

http://www.futurescopes.com/dating/age- ... -older-man

I guess that's why Drlee and I are married to significantly younger women. :D Poor us.
Yes that was shown in the research I also posted.... However the results for women were that the bigger the age difference either way the greater the risk of shorter lifespan. And if the woman is older their lifespan could be significantly shortened. I personally believe that is due to higher pregnancy complication risks for older women.

They are still at increased risk of lower lifespan even if they are the younger one(though at roughly the same rate as men).

For women at least it is beneficial to having a lengthy life to date someone their own age.
Last edited by colliric on 23 Feb 2018 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:You should be dating someone your own age....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 062631.htm

You'll live longer.

Especially if you are a woman.

Even if their spouse is older, women are more likely to live a shortened life in comparison to dating/marrying someone their own age.

If the spouse is younger it is even worse for women. I would guess this might be due to higher rate of age related pregnancy complications amoungst other issues.

The chart in that link says that men live longer if they marry younger women.

Crantag wrote:The chart in that link says that men live longer if they marry younger women.
Yes, it does.

I don't know why Colliric is so dead-set against older men stealing all the beautiful women from sad sack young men with no self-confidence. I can't figure it out for the life of me. :excited:
Crantag wrote:The chart in that link says that men live longer if they marry younger women.

It doesn't say the same for Women... In fact for women it says "Pick someone your own age, or your lifespan is going to be shorter, and significantly so if you are the older one".

Good for you guys, but statistically your wives are at risk of shorter lifespan not dating their same age. Lol. Just sayin'

Yes, it does.

I don't know why Colliric is so dead-set against older men stealing all the beautiful women from sad sack young men with no self-confidence. I can't figure it out for the life of me. :excited:

I've got one Child and am technically still married, stated my current personal status before.
Well, all I can say is that I am sure going to enjoy my odds because I married a much younger woman. I, personally, don't give a flying fuck about mentally unbalanced young men who need pity fucks just to not commit suicide. That's simply cleaning the gene pool.

Arguments against this seem to be balanced out, IMO. Better life for a shorter life? Few wouldn't trade for that.
You can't know this from your link. There is no way of knowing much of anything if the methodology isn't included, ie, were some of the subjects married two or more times, in which case how much stress had the endured, etc. How big was the subject pool? Esp on the woman older than her mate? Did they screen for health insurance etc. Also, bare in mind most women, world wide, outlive their mates
Godstud wrote:Well, all I can say is that I am sure going to enjoy my odds because I married a much younger woman. I, personally, don't give a flying fuck about mentally unbalanced young men who need pity fucks just to not commit suicide. That's simply cleaning the gene pool.

Arguments against this seem to be balanced out, IMO. Better life for a shorter life? Few wouldn't trade for that.

Sexual abstinence isn't necessarily the worst possible thing for the psyche anyway, I don't think. Woman troubles and dysfunctional relationships can lead to plenty of mental anguish, and possibly suicide. Crazy woman can drive a man up the wall as well.
Yes that was shown in the research I also posted.... However the results for women were that the bigger the age difference either way the greater the risk of shorter lifespan. And if the woman is older their lifespan could be significantly shortened. I personally believe that is due to higher pregnancy complication risks for older women.

They are still at increased risk of lower lifespan even if they are the younger one(though at roughly the same rate as men).

For women at least it is beneficial to having a lengthy life to date someone their own age.

You really don't get it, do you? Love is not about longevity.
My wife is 1 year older than me. I was 23 and she were 24 when we married and had our first child. I always preferred ladies my own age, though as times goes by I come to appreciate the younguns more and more.

colliric wrote:You'll live longer.

Especially if you are a woman.

The other day I was having some drinks with some friends and a British-Asian lady at the bar came over, introduced herself and sat around with us. At some point we started discussing age, sex and all that and she turns around and tells me:

"You are only as old as the lady you fuck...wink wink"

That's when I asked her how old she was, and she replied, "27". Being the good man that I am, I stayed silent until she moved on to the next prey, but she clearly might be onto something.
Stormsmith wrote:I quess not. I read the OP and guessed the writer to be 18, the youngest age acceptable to PoFo.

Umm - I don't think so. When I applied, the page said you have to be born before December,2004 - like over 13, not 18. :?:
So tell me Paddy. What prompted this thread? Did you have a bad experience you are dealing with?
Drlee wrote:So tell me Paddy. What prompted this thread? Did you have a bad experience you are dealing with?

Yeh - sort of, but I don't want to broadcast it and be laughed at here like I was then. But thanks for asking. :)
See here you little chamaco of young age @Paddy14.

When I met my husband I was sixteen years old. My first thoughts of him were, "Who is that older guy with the funny shoes looking kind of dorky." He was five and a half years older than I was. Which made him about twenty two at the time. For a sixteen year old girl? He was ANCIENT.

I did not have much in common with my sixteen year old peers who were males at school. At least for me. I was a bit of a bookworm. Loved reading. But? Many of the boys at school were boring conversationalists. But it depends on the girl. I had an older man interested in me very young about sixteen too. But he was old for real. In his forties and married. I had zero attraction to that old dude. But a lot of the teenage boys I found hopelessly immature and boring.

They also were so scared of girls. No one talks about that but many young men your age Paddy, they just find it hard to strike up conversations with girls...without feeling self conscious. I think older men have more confidence.

I also think teen boy sexuality is so intense that it makes them kind of desperate for some kind of woman. And they get or are less picky than they should be with who they wind up sexually intimate with in their youth.

If you like a girl your age? Approach her. Always with respect and an open and friendly attitude. That is always best. Be yourself. You have nothing to lose? Got nothing to lose little Paddy14. I have a soft spot now for boys. Got two boys. Though both of them don't seem to need any advice with girls so far. Lol. I guess I am lucky.
Paddy14 wrote:I dunno if it's just me, but all the girls I fancy seem to want to hang with much older guys. Most guys I know have gfs younger than them - so why not the reverse. I get the impression girls think going with a guy even two or three years younger is a step down socially, and bad for their rep. Does anyone (specially the ladies here,) have any idea why? :?:

It isn't actual age so much as maturity, Paddy.

I, personally, love going out with younger men, but I didn't when I was a girl, as nine times out of ten I found them pathetically immature and boring.

On the other hand, some 25 year olds have more maturity than some 50 year olds.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to point out to some loser I'm not his mum.
Age had nothing to do with it.

Some men like being mothered, just as some women like father figures.
That's a very childish thing to say. Many women who do not have daddy issues prefer older men, because young ones are arrogant, poor, inexperienced, and stupid. :D
Daddy issues? Haha. I have no daddy issues here. Well some women with daddy issues actually shy away from serious relationships.

Anyway, I'm always a bit skeptical about statistics about life span. They are generalizing and aren't meant to be taken as set in stone fact. Maybe those life span stats are true 90% of the time and may not apply to every woman. But whatever the case, I would prefer a satisfying relationship with a mature minded man, than live a long painful life with someone who is really immature and needy.
Godstud wrote:That's a very childish thing to say. Many women who do not have daddy issues prefer older men, because young ones are arrogant, poor, inexperienced, and stupid. :D

Good point, some women do marry older men for their money.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]