Is it racist to prefer to date white women? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14905855
I don’t believe your personal preference in ‘exotic fantasies’ makes you racist. If you are claiming you have never seen a Black woman you thought was sexually attractive then you are probably racist.
#14905858
One Degree wrote:I don’t believe your personal preference in ‘exotic fantasies’ makes you racist. If you are claiming you have never seen a Black woman you thought was sexually attractive then you are probably racist.


I can think of a few black women I find sexually attractive.

However, I can honestly say I can think of 0 attractive women who are Australian Aborigines.

Racist?
#14905860
Agent Steel wrote:I can think of a few black women I find sexually attractive.

However, I can honestly say I can think of 0 attractive women who are Australian Aborigines.

Racist?


How many have you met?
#14905864
Victoribus Spolia wrote:How can an involuntary aesthetic preference be racist?

Please explain. Thanks.


Well, white people define racism as the belief or feeling that another race is worse than yours. If AS feels that black women are ugly because he has internalised these beliefs and feelings, then that would be racist.

Mind you, it is a moot point, since any black woman of any worth would not date a racist white guy anyway.
#14905870
Agent Steel wrote:Oh come on, you have to know how stupid of a question that is. I'm talking about whether I find them sexually attractive physically. I don't have to meet them to know what kind of physical appearance is attractive.


Yes, we usually prefer people like ourselves, but we all have different exotic interests. The Black women you found attractive probably had Caucasian features.
#14905885
I think it's natural to look for a genetic match. Japanese men usually don't find white or black women attractive at all, as if they were from a different planet. Only those with some Asiatic features are acceptable, such as brown eyes or dark hair, which may point to ancient Uralic ancestry.

Image
#14906011
It is racist to pay attention to the color of someone's skin period.

I find people attractive based on their physical features regardless of skin color. I watched a documentary once on what makes people beautiful. Researchers found that beauty is based on perfect or near perfect symmetry and the golden ratio. It makes sense. We like perfection and flawlessness. If one eye is noticeable bigger than the other people are likely to find it unattractive or freakish.
#14906012
MistyTiger wrote:It is racist to pay attention to the color of someone's skin period.

I find people attractive based on their physical features regardless of skin color. I watched a documentary once on what makes people beautiful. Researchers found that beauty is based on perfect or near perfect symmetry and the golden ratio. It makes sense. We like perfection and flawlessness. If one eye is noticeable bigger than the other people are likely to find it unattractive or freakish.


I suppose I could generally be in that category, but I think they would have a hard time finding any man where that is a hard and fast rule. Attraction is much subtler I believe. I have found many women attractive with features I find unattractive on other women.

Edit: After thinking about it, I am not attracted to ‘perfect women’. I can only think of one I was attracted to that might fit that category.
#14906033
One Degree wrote:I suppose I could generally be in that category, but I think they would have a hard time finding any man where that is a hard and fast rule. Attraction is much subtler I believe. I have found many women attractive with features I find unattractive on other women.

Edit: After thinking about it, I am not attracted to ‘perfect women’. I can only think of one I was attracted to that might fit that category.


Of course there are exceptions. But generally the ideal beauty is one that is statuesque as portrayed by grecian marble statues. The documentary did talk about the statue Raphael and how concepts of beauty and perfection have evolved over time.

I too have found people attractive outside the ideal. Some of it had to do with their presence in the room, the vibes they gave off or how they acted or how they spoke. I also like people if I find their voice attractive.
Do we owe reparations to LGBT?

There sure is a difference between dancing and bu[…]

Trump, Oh my god !

Falwell leveraged cable television. Nothing preve[…]

it's China too and it's just a renegade island […]

perfection would be the lack of contradiction Gö[…]