The War Against Masculinity - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Agent Steel wrote:You strawmanned me very badly earlier in this topic, so I don't see why I owe you another explanation.

No. You simply wrote an unclear OP.

You then clarified it to say that women who ask you to be emotionally available (i.e. modern feminists) should have to tolerate your harmful emotional outbursts.

I am asking you why anyone should have to tolerate this.

If you cannot provide a good reason, then your argument from the OP is unsupported, making this whole thread questionable.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Oh, you guys are attacking some strawman, but also agree with my claim that household chores and planning for families is unpaid work.

Sure, and it's unpaid for everyone.

So will you pay me for cleaning my own room?
Pants-of-dog wrote:
No. You simply wrote an unclear OP.

You then clarified it to say that women who ask you to be emotionally available (i.e. modern feminists) should have to tolerate your harmful emotional outbursts.

I am asking you why anyone should have to tolerate this.

If you cannot provide a good reason, then your argument from the OP is unsupported, making this whole thread questionable.

Because in order to be emotionally healthy people should be free to express themselves. Young men experience certain hormonal changes as they grow which are totally normal, but you have feminist idiots telling them that they are dangerous or "toxic". You have feminists advocating unhealthy behavior for boys. They are confusing children with their gender fluidity BS. They don't actually want men to express their emotions.
wat0n wrote:Sure, and it's unpaid for everyone.

So will you pay me for cleaning my own room?

I agree that it is unpaid for everyone.

And when it comes to doing this kind of stuff for others in the family, women do a disproportionate amount of it even when accounting for all other factors.

So no, you do not get paid to clean your room. But if you are male and live with a woman, it is statistically likely that she does more cleaning for you for free than you do for her for free.

----------

Agent Steel wrote:Because in order to be emotionally healthy people should be free to express themselves. Young men experience certain hormonal changes as they grow which are totally normal,

So if a young gay man finds you attractive, he should be able to have sex with your body because people should be free to express themselves.

but you have feminist idiots telling them that they are dangerous or "toxic". You have feminists advocating unhealthy behavior for boys. They are confusing children with their gender fluidity BS. They don't actually want men to express their emotions.

Your feelings about feminists are irrelevant.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Canada has a decent system where a certain portion of the parental leave payment must be allotted to the parent who gave birth with the remainder available to whichever parent takes time off,
Yes, and if a person, regardless of their sex, takes time off, even if it is legal and unpaid, they will suffer in their career for it, because they will be missing out on work, and not advancing.

There are also careers where if you took this time off, you might never get back to where you were, regardless of whether the job was waiting for you, or not.

As for men doing less in the home... Most men have a traditional up-bringing, where they job is to be the bread-winner. Your claim that they do less, even when they aren't a primary bread-winner, is irrelevant, as this is far from being the norm.

I do less in the home, because I provide and protect my family. That protection, even were I not to be working, would be intrinsic, and it does have value. This value, of course, is not considered when you talk about household chores. Men have responsibilities and duties beyond that of simply bringing home money. Have you considered that, at any time?
Godstud wrote:Yes, and if a person, regardless of their sex, takes time off, even if it is legal and unpaid, they will suffer in their career for it, because they will be missing out on work, and not advancing.

There are also careers where if you took this time off, you might never get back to where you were, regardless of whether the job was waiting for you, or not.

Yes, I said this.

And also pointed out that women have to do this more often because men can get away with not doing so.

As for men doing less in the home... Most men have a traditional up-bringing, where they job is to be the bread-winner. Your claim that they do less, even when they aren't a primary bread-winner, is irrelevant, as this is far from being the norm.

No, it is the norm that men do less, even when the exception (i.e. that the woman is the bread winner) is true,

I do less in the home, because I provide and protect my family. That protection, even were I not to be working, would be intrinsic, and it does have value. This value, of course, is not considered when you talk about household chores. Men have responsibilities and duties beyond that of simply bringing home money. Have you considered that, at any time?

Washing laundry does far more to protect kids than fantasies about using violence to protect kids, or whatever men do.

Do you do laundry?
Pants-of-dog wrote:And also pointed out that women have to do this more often because men can get away with not doing so.
Yes, because men don't get pregnant and take time off to nurture newborn children. It's not about "getting away with not doing so". You like to ignore reality.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No, it is the norm that men do less, even when the exception (i.e. that the woman is the bread winner) is true,
Yes, because if a man is the bread-winner, he is already putting in the work for the family. Again, reality.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Washing laundry does far more to protect kids than fantasies about using violence to protect kids, or whatever men do.
Men protect their women and family. Period. I know you want to dismiss this simple fact, but it is the reality. Maybe you don't. You should.

By virtue of my presence, I am extending a level of security to the women around me, in particular to my wife and immediate family. If something happens, I would get in the way and put myself in danger for them. I cannot see why you think this has no intrinsic value.

Note: Even the idea of police being around is a level of protection to people and a deterrent against violence. Are you willing to dismiss this reality, as well?

No I do not do laundry. We have a machine that does that.
Godstud wrote:Yes, because men don't get pregnant and take time off to nurture newborn children. It's not about "getting away with not doing so". You like to ignore reality.

I addressed this in the other thread.

Yes, because if a man is the bread-winner, he is already putting in the work for the family. Again, reality.

Wow, you misunderstood that.
Anyway, you seem to be agreeing with my claim and are now merely trying to justify it.

Men protect their women and family. Period. I know you want to dismiss this simple fact, but it is the reality. Maybe you don't. You should.

By virtue of my presence, I am extending a level of security to the women around me, in particular to my wife and immediate family. If something happens, I would get in the way and put myself in danger for them. I cannot see why you think this has no intrinsic value.

Note: Even the idea of police being around is a level of protection to people and a deterrent against violence. Are you willing to dismiss this reality, as well?

No I do not do laundry. We have a machine that does that.

So you do not actually do anything to protect anyone except be present. Like a cop in Uvalde.

By that same logic, you are also threatening everyone by virtue of simply being present; again, without actually doing anything.

Hey, I am also more than willing to step up and protect my family, but in my decades of being a father and husband, I have not needed to.

But whoever washes your clothes and the kids clothes actually takes real actions that actually provide a significant defence against illness.

Note that women also protect their family in the same way you do ( by merely being present) and do so while doing laundry. Lol.
I am done with you @Pants-of-dog. Your arguments are childish and circular.
I remember Victorious Spoila would also go on about how he was a big man protecting his kids from imaginary enemies.

Then he would tell us how his wife would.do all the work and how vaccines are evil.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]