Can dogs go to heaven? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By akingu
It's a moot question. There is no heaven nor hell; the dog doesn't care about Haysoos nor accept him as his saviour and the bible is a mythological book of lies and idiocy meant to pacify the Gentiles.
Maybe if the dog believed in the Easter bunny he could get a basket of eggs and candy too?
By Taxtro
Soberly considered the notion of living, thinking without a brain is no more reasonable than walking without legs or shitting without a butt. And that's true for dogs as much as for humans.
The more interesting question is, what we're going to - or what we should tell our children.
Last edited by Taxtro on 27 Jul 2015 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
akingu wrote:There is no heaven nor hell

The question wasn't framed on the existence or non-existence of any of the protagonists. So while I might agree with this opinion of yours, it doesn't belong in this discussion. Whereas the following does:

Dogs are unable to invent reward systems, or commit them to text.

But I don't see why that would effect their afterlife: their inability to imagine one. They are unable to imagine sex, yet indulge in it just like us. So heaven should work the same way.

soundtrack
By Davea8
Comrade Ogilvy wrote:One day, when we were 10 years old or so, a stray dog began walking along with us, as we got near the church . He looked very thin and hungry. We stopped and petted him, scratched his back. "It's too bad dogs can't go to heaven. Why can't they" said my friend Jacob. I said "You gotta be baptized to go to heaven. We ought to baptize him. He deserves a chance to go to heaven". I picked him up and we walked into the church. We took him to the bowl of holy water and I held him there as my friend sprinkled the water on his forehead. "I hereby baptize you" said my friend. We took him outside and put him back on the sidewalk again. "He even looks different" I said. The dog lost interest and walked off down the sidewalk.

Will he go to heaven?

There is no "heaven". All "spiritual" experiences are natural activities of the brain when stressed.
By Davea8
Comrade Ogilvy wrote:One day, when we were 10 years old or so, a stray dog began walking along with us, as we got near the church . He looked very thin and hungry. We stopped and petted him, scratched his back. "It's too bad dogs can't go to heaven. Why can't they" said my friend Jacob. I said "You gotta be baptized to go to heaven. We ought to baptize him. He deserves a chance to go to heaven". I picked him up and we walked into the church. We took him to the bowl of holy water and I held him there as my friend sprinkled the water on his forehead. "I hereby baptize you" said my friend. We took him outside and put him back on the sidewalk again. "He even looks different" I said. The dog lost interest and walked off down the sidewalk.

Will he go to heaven?

There is no "heaven".

All "spiritual" experiences are natural activities of the brain when stressed.
By Godstud
There is no Heaven, so dogs cannot get there, and neither can anyone else.
By Rancid
To answer this question I refer you to Don Bluth's classic 1989 animation "All dog's go to heaven", in that yes dogs can go to heaven but baptism was not explicitly stated as a prerequisite. Perhaps more interesting, they can be reanimated from the dead to serve special tasks!

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

After the battle of Cannae, Rome was finished. It[…]

@wat0n @QatzelOk is correct to point out tha[…]

You seem to use deliberate obtuseness as a debati[…]