Israel has no right to exist according to bible - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Okay, so you are a troll with no interest in actually engaging with this topic in a thoughtful manner. I'll ask one last time before leaving the thread, are you seriously stating that the Kingdom of Israel (destroyed by Assyria in 722 BCE) and the Kingdom of Judah (destroyed by Babylonia between 597 and 582 BCE) are fictitious?
And we should take your word for this over the consensus among historians....why?
Nets wrote:And we should take your word for this over the consensus among historians....why?

What so called concensus? Israeli university confirm they are myths. Including israeli historians like shlomo sand. Good trilogy of him:

Invention of the land of israel
Invention of the jewish people

Now that we're talking Assyrians and Babylonians...

Well then, Iraqi's have a right to claim Jerusalem, since they once ruled over it.
About how the bible and torah are mostly manipulative lies, Heisenberg wrote:I suppose this also strips the Qur'an of any legitimacy as well, since it makes several references to David, Abraham, Solomon, and the "Children of Israel".

There's an important distinction. The Quran mentions these stories in abridged form as a way of "cleaning up" their interpretations. This is how I realized that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was probably about technology. The Quran delivers a very different message than the Jew-Christ texts.

Quran: "God killed them because they did something that no one did before." (new technology leads to civilization destruction, confirmed by history).

Bible/Torah: "God killed millions of people because they were different than us." (the roots of racism)
I also reject Christian Zionism. In my opinion it has led to far too great an alignment and even submission of Christians to Judaism. Christianity and Christians should act only for the good of their own faith. They should not be subject to another interest. In my opinion the defence of Israel should not be an imperative for Christians.
Political Interest wrote:I also reject Christian Zionism. In my opinion it has led to far too great an alignment and even submission of Christians to Judaism. Christianity and Christians should act only for the good of their own faith. They should not be subject to another interest. In my opinion the defence of Israel should not be an imperative for Christians.
There is a peculiar intersection of the modern founding of Israel, and certain heterodox (but widely accepted) eschatology of evangelicals. This is the basis of the GOP litmus test of support for Israel. Neoconservatives within the GOP, many of whom are frankly contemptuous of evangelical beliefs, see this as a chance to forge a permanent alliance between the Likud and the GOP.
World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

You might be surprised and he might wind up being[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]