Our Created Solar System - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
My God is not Loki. My God is Yahshua (Jesus).
The fools are the ones that don't believe that my God created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and everything in them. And He did it in only six days, not over billions of years, as the flunkies claim. That would be a weakling God. My God is eternal, powerful, and mighty.
Hindsite wrote:My God is not Loki. My God is Yahshua (Jesus).
The fools are the ones that don't believe that my God created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and everything in them. And He did it in only six days, not over billions of years, as the flunkies claim. That would be a weakling God. My God is eternal, powerful, and mighty.

And just 6,020 years ago?
Too many holes in that to make it even a remotely good fairy tale.
Spontaneous generation of life

Why are you obsessing over an outdated theory (Lamarck's original ideas from 1803!) that no modern evolutionary biologist holds?

chance happenings.

The formation of biological polymers from monomers is a function of the laws of chemistry and biochemistry, and these are decidedly not random.

Monomers to polymers p=1.0.

Formation of catalytic polymers p=1.0.

For the replicating polymers to hypercycle* transition, the probability may well be 1.0.

Certain kinds of molecules have physical and chemical properties that allow them to self-assemble into orderly structures, and these are the molecules used by living cells.

* A self-replicating macromolecular system.

Encyclopedia of Nonlinear Science wrote:... a functioning entity that integrates several autocatalytic elements into an organized unit (Eigen, 1971; Eigen & Schuster, 1977, 1978a,b).

ingliz wrote:Why are you obsessing over an outdated theory (Lamarck's original ideas from 1803!) that no modern evolutionary biologist holds?

Because you were talking about spontaneous formations and other such nonsense that implied you believed in spontaneous generation of life and other things like snowflakes. I was just letting you know that it is not spontaneous, but carefully thought out beforehand by God, who created the laws and the chemical elements by design to act as they do.
Hindsite wrote:Because you were talking about spontaneous formations and other such nonsense that implied you believed in spontaneous generation of life and other things like snowflakes. I was just letting you know that it is not spontaneous, but carefully thought out beforehand by God, who created the laws and the chemical elements by design to act as they do.

God carefully thought about the design of snowflakes?
I suppose he carefully thought about the design of anciennt oaks in England, coal and oil, provided designs for heavier than air flight, ball bearings, wasps, lemmings.........Tsunamis...
Besoeker wrote:God carefully thought about the design of snowflakes?
I suppose he carefully thought about the design of anciennt oaks in England, coal and oil, provided designs for heavier than air flight, ball bearings, wasps, lemmings.........Tsunamis...

You can suppose whatever you wish. However. I am only stating the obvious.
Unless you ignore science, and reality, it's not obvious.
Godstud wrote:Unless you ignore science, and reality, it's not obvious.

Maybe that is because you are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other eye.
If you mean by not having one eye that's all crazy and stares off and sees talking snakes and virgin births...

Faith is blindness. It's like stabbing yourself in the eyes and making yourself blind to the world around you. All for your pathetic god that requires you to believe in him and obey him, despite saying that he gave you free will.

God: Serve me and obey me or live in Hell!!! Oh that Free Will shit was just a test.
Besoeker wrote:God carefully thought about the design of snowflakes?

Hindsite wrote:You can suppose whatever you wish. However. I am only stating the obvious.

No, you are not. You are stating what you believe.
Besoeker wrote:No, you are not. You are stating what you believe.

It is also obvious to anyone with common sense.
ingliz wrote:Under certain conditions, matter inexorably acquires the key physical attribute associated with life.

As I have stated before, God is the source for life. Matter can not become alive without a miracle from God.
Godstud wrote:If you mean by not having one eye that's all crazy and stares off and sees talking snakes and virgin births...

Faith is blindness. It's like stabbing yourself in the eyes and making yourself blind to the world around you. All for your pathetic god that requires you to believe in him and obey him, despite saying that he gave you free will.

God: Serve me and obey me or live in Hell!!! Oh that Free Will shit was just a test.

You have freewill. Can't you curse God if you wish? That is freewill in this life on earth. Perhaps you are referring to freewill in the afterlife. There is no freewill then, because that is the time when you will be judged for what you did in the body.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
(2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV)
By Rich
Hindsite wrote:The fools are the ones that don't believe that my God created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and everything in them. And He did it in only six days, not over billions of years, as the flunkies claim. That would be a weakling God. My God is eternal, powerful, and mighty.
A day is an important period of time for us on Earth, but in the creation of the cosmos its a totally arbitrary unit of time. This whole notion of creating the heavens as a separate thing comes from an ill informed cosmological view. The Earth is just one part of the heavens. The people who invented Biblical cosmology obviously didn't realise that the Earth was just one amongst a number of planets in our solar system which was itself just one amongst a vast numbers of star systems.

But we don't need the discoveries of modern science to know the Bible is untrue, it blatantly contradicts itself in the first pages. Seven was seen as a significant number because there were seven major known unfixed objects in the heavens: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. It wasn't till the eighteenth century that Uranus was realised to be a planet, so totally voiding the significance of seven.
Matter can not become alive without a miracle from God.

What is life? We cannot produce a satisfactory definition of life; a definition that would allow us to reliably distinguish things that are alive from things that aren’t. In 2011, the philosopher Edouard Machery argued that coming up with a single definition of life was both impossible and pointless.

Magner, Lois N. A history of the life sciences. 2nd ed. wrote:In 1935, Wendell Stanley showed that viruses, in this case the same tobacco mosaic virus studied in the 1890s, was an autocatalytic protein that made use of the cellular machinery for reproduction. Further work showed it was not a pure protein, but a mixture of protein and nucleic acid. For this, he won the 1946 Nobel Prize for chemistry, showing that a pure chemical substance could behave as if alive.

Rich wrote:A day is an important period of time for us on Earth, but in the creation of the cosmos its a totally arbitrary unit of time. This whole notion of creating the heavens as a separate thing comes from an ill informed cosmological view. The Earth is just one part of the heavens. The people who invented Biblical cosmology obviously didn't realise that the Earth was just one amongst a number of planets in our solar system which was itself just one amongst a vast numbers of star systems.

But we don't need the discoveries of modern science to know the Bible is untrue, it blatantly contradicts itself in the first pages. Seven was seen as a significant number because there were seven major known unfixed objects in the heavens: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. It wasn't till the eighteenth century that Uranus was realised to be a planet, so totally voiding the significance of seven.

God made the day an important period of time for us on earth. The earth was the first body created in the heavens by God, then the sun and moon and other objects, like stars, were made. And the Holy Bible mentions that stars were as numerous as the grains of sand on the seashores, but God calls them all by name.

How do you suppose those ignorant people knew that there was such a vast number of stars? Do you think it is possible that a person who knew told them?

The Holy Bible makes the number seven a significant number because God set aside the seventh day for man as a memorial Sabbath day of rest to remember that God made the heavens, the earth, the seas, and all that are in them in six days and rested from His work on the seventh.

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(Exodus 20:11 KJV)

You are attempting to hold the Biblical scribes responsible for what pagans may have believed. That is ridiculous nonsense proposed by most atheists.

Wow, maybe "all" jobs have gone to ille[…]

World War II Day by Day

June 4, Tuesday Operation Dynamo succeeds: 338,2[…]

No it doesn't. This conviction has nothing to do […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]