Prophet Jesus Christ(PBUH) Is Not God - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Todd D.
My mother was my father's wife, my brother's mother, and my kids' grandmother. Mother, wife, grandmother, all three are very different things, yet she was always all three, at the same time.

Arguing that Christianity is "polytheistic" is basically saying "I don't know what Christianity teaches".

Polytheism would be something like the Manichaens, who beleived that the God of the Old Testament was the God of "matter" (and that matter was evil), and that Jesus was the God of the spirit, two very different Gods with completely different theologies. That's not what Christianity teaches, at all.
By ChristianRight
The Trinity is one of the most subtle truths in the Bible, which is also why it was one of the last issues settled during Canonization and is still not settled today (for instance Unitarians)...

There are many verses, from the very first in Genesis, to where the Prophet Isaiah refers to the Messiah with three separate pronouns (Me, Him, They).

People forget, the Bible was copied letter by letter by sects of Jews like the Massoretes, who were the last to copy the Bible in 900AD, and others since then but those were chosen by the Protestants for their Old Testament copies...

The Bible was copied letter by letter, it was extremely hard to make errors and the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that over 900 years there are no known errors in the Old Testament...

So why the obvious "error" of the "Me, Him, They" when referring to the Messiah's persecution and execution.

They will persecute Me, and pierce His flesh, and torment Them or something like that...I'm not going to pull up the exact verse right now....all talking about the same person.

A normal person would have corrected that glaring error, but the Jews knew it was prophecy, they knew they could not foresee what it was telling them and it was not their place to correct the word of God, what it was telling us all is the Trinity.
By Paradigm
Todd D. wrote:Arguing that Christianity is "polytheistic" is basically saying "I don't know what Christianity teaches".

Considering that most Christians can't explain the Trinity(and those that can have different explanations), I find it to be no surprise that many would accuse Christians of being polytheistic. I'm sure many Christians are inadvertently polytheistic.

Then there's the fact that you have angels and saints taking on roles similar to those of the gods in polytheistic religions.
By Bosnjak
@Political Intrest this is the main theological difference between Islam and Christianity, if Jesus was Son of God or a Prophet.

I read about Christian, Gnostic, Islamic according to all he was born by the Virgin Mary. According to the Quran he was the mercifullst of all Prophetes.

His name Isa a.s Islamic, orthodox use the name Isus, the Western Churches Jesus.

He is the most important figure ever existed in human history.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

I am actually reading about this today Potemkin. […]

I know some of those on the Left may have troub[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]