Revelation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Todd D.
What do you mean? Pretty much everything pre-Darby would be exactly the same. Judgment Day by itself is referenced outside of Revelation, so really you'd only be without the details of a (perhaps Post-Rapture) tribulation. It doesn't really play that much in to the center of most Christian theology, except for the previously mentioned Dispensationalists.

We'd have less Kirk Cameron movies, I guess...
By Zagadka
Yea, but it provides a lot more detail about Judgement Day, how, why, where, etc. It *defines* it, and that does drive many Christians, in terms of damning sinners etc. I'm not thinking about changes to modern religion, so much as changes to very very early Christianity that would have, by ripple, changed the nature of Christianity today, and I think that going from Jesus dying for sins to him coming back to reign over a kingdom on Earth of a thousand years, not to mention the quest for the unholy trinity.
By Nattering Nabob
"The END is near" is ubiquitous throughout the New Testament...without the revelation it would be just as much a part of the scenario without a description of it IMHO...though there would probably be a cottage industry of interpretations of what it would be like...

"According to the latest report from the Nati[…]

@FiveofSwords You appear to be amused that the[…]

Indeed, and you know what? Even that isn't a reas[…]

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/6/text-of-t[…]