The Trinity: Christianity's mystical secret - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I can certainly understand that, I've always been more attracted to Catholisism than Protestantism. To be fair though the brand of Protestantism I was exposed to from my mother's family was a rather... intense... version.
It is interesting, I feel that there is little to no worry about philosophical thinking in preference for just raw faith and the charisma of the preacher. It's far more emotive and intuitive than something more rigorous like Catholicism.

In some ways Pentecostalism has more in common with new age practices in how it treats and considers it's doctrines than it does with Catholisism or more mainline Protestantism.
The Pentecostal craziness is a fruit of what sociologist Colin Campbell has called "the other Protestant ethic" ("other" respective to the one desribed by Max Weber). Basically Calvin made God and Creation so distant from each other that there appeared to be no conceivable way to find out where you stand with Him. The mainline Protestants in Europe and Puritans took the Weberian road of leading a life devoted to controling your impulses to the best of your abilities (so a stress wais laid on frugality and diligence at work), and hoping you are one of the chosen.

But another path which blossomed especially in America would focus on cultivating an ecstatic experience and personal transformation where the believer feels somehow touched by God, bridging said gap. Hence Pentecostalism.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Were Israelis not taking Palestinian land and hom[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]