Can a creationist be passed as a post Doctorate? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
A creative/destructive force (not to imply dualism in the Manichean heretic way).

Indeed. Creation and destruction are, of course, dialectical opposites - you cannot have one without the other. For every new world that is born, an old world has to die.... Even a revolution implies both creation and destruction - the destruction of the old society and the creation of a new one.

Potemky, which presocratic philophers do you mean: the Atomist school; or also other schools?

I was thinking more of the earlier Presocratics, particularly Heraclitus and Empedocles.
Potemkin wrote:Indeed. Creation and destruction are, of course, dialectical opposites - you cannot have one without the other. For every new world that is born, an old world has to die.... Even a revolution implies both creation and destruction - the destruction of the old society and the creation of a new one.
One thing that I always wondered is why the word revolution is used in the social meaning (popularly understood as a dramatic split from the previous society/government). It seems such a poor choice considering the scientific meaning, which implies a very different process: to circle around another body and return to the point of departure.

Potemkin wrote:I was thinking more of the earlier Presocratics, particularly Heraclitus and Empedocles.
How about Democritus?
How about Democritus?

He was the founder of the Atomists (if you ignore Leucippus's claims to precedence), and, as I said, I was thinking more of the earlier Presocratics. As Presocratic ideas developed, the earlier semi-mystical ideas of Heraclitus or Parmenides were replaced by a rather more one-sided and explicitly rationalistic form of thinking. The earlier hints at dialectical thinking that one finds in some of the more gnomic utterances of, say, Heraclitus (eg, the famous 'bow and lyre' fragment) eventually disappeared. By the time of the Atomists, Democritus was insisting that only "the atom and the void" were real, and all else was "opinion".

@FiveofSwords wrote: More genuine anthropologi[…]

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]