Number of Muslim Children in Britain Double in a Decade - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Now, can we get back to the left blaming it on the right and the right blaming it on the left and neither side figuring out that this is not actually a big deal?

Certain sections of the right and certain sections of the left caused it.

Of course its a big deal to the British. I can see why its isnt to a Canadian.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So we (Prof. Voas and I) agree that the scenarios of one in five and one in three are unrealistic.

Well that depends. Is your timescale 10 years or 100 years? As anyone with half a brain knows, the realism of such a claim goes up dramatically with the second option.
Which sections?

Big business on the right who want to make an easy profit by importing strike breakers and guardian reading liberals in the centre (some people foolishly believe they are on the left) who love immigration since it is the cool thing to love amongst tofu munching rich London types.
ComradeTim wrote:Well that depends. Is your timescale 10 years or 100 years? As anyone with half a brain knows, the realism of such a claim goes up dramatically with the second option.

Actually , it becomes less realistic because we become less able to predict future events.

I would assume that the young Muslims currently growing up in the UK will have birthrates similar to their native peers. This would dramatically reduce the Muslim birthrate.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 13 Feb 2015 08:27, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
I would assume that the young Muslims currently growing up in the UK will have birthrates similar to their native peers. This would dramatically reduce the Muslim birthrate.

Good point, I hear they are big fans of women in the workplace and contraception. I recon they will be down to 2 kids a family any day now.
JRS1 wrote:Do you disagree ?

I have no idea. I have no idea what your claim is. So far, you have claimed that some people on the left and some people on the right were responsible.

I have no idea who these people are. I have no idea if they are on the left or the right or if they care about economic policy at all. I have no idea how they are responsible. I don't even know what they are supposed to be responsible for.

To me or to you?

It is obviously not a big deal to me. Remember where you claimed it was due to me being from Canada?

Thus, it would be logical to assume that I am asking why it is a big deal to you or anyone from Britain.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That would not be a realistic scenario, nor is it supported by the study mentioned.
What would you estimate to be the upper limit that the proportion could plausibly reach? Give me your worst-case estimate - states shouldn't base their planning on average-case scenarios, or else nobody would ever prepare for disasters.
ThereBeDragons wrote:What would you estimate to be the upper limit that the proportion could plausibly reach? Give me your worst-case estimate - states shouldn't base their planning on average-case scenarios, or else nobody would ever prepare for disasters.

I have no idea. I am having trouble finding the study mentioned in the OP online. I am hoping that the study could help answer that question.

I doubt, however, that they are looking at in terms of a disaster for which they have to prepare.
I doubt, however, that they are looking at in terms of a disaster for which they have to prepare.

Indeed, they (and their families) will live in gated communities and won't even notice the difference. It is the working class who will have to deal with it.
Pants-of-dog wrote: I would assume that the young Muslims currently growing up in the UK will have birthrates similar to their native peers. This would dramatically reduce the Muslim birthrate.

On what evidence do you assume that? Muslims, and to a less extent other immigrants tend to keep the conservative ideology of their homeland, which is why they're numbers are growing so rapidly in comparison to western natives.

I am asking why it is a big deal to you or anyone from Britain.

I like British people and have no wish to turn my home into North Western Frontier Province or Northern Nigeria.

I like not being forcibly converted to Islam/murdered.

I like not having a wall pushed onto me for my sexuality (or the super duper modern equivalent, being thrown off a building).

I like seeing uncovered women in the street.

I like having promiscuous sex without being stoned.

I like drinking alcohol.

I like music and other "haram" media.

I like following a religion "not of the book".

I like having a legal code not formulated mainly in the middle ages,
Should I go on?
ComradeTim wrote:On what evidence do you assume that?

On the correlation between living standards and birthrates.

Muslims, and to a less extent other immigrants tend to keep the conservative ideology of their homeland, which is why they're numbers are growing so rapidly in comparison to western natives.

Or it could be due to the fact that recent immigrants did not grow up in conditions that we would call "a high standard of living".

I like British people and have no wish to turn my home into North Western Frontier Province or Northern Nigeria.
I like not being forcibly converted to Islam/murdered.
I like not having a wall pushed onto me for my sexuality (or the super duper modern equivalent, being thrown off a building).
I like seeing uncovered women in the street.
I like having promiscuous sex without being stoned.
I like drinking alcohol.
I like music and other "haram" media.
I like following a religion "not of the book".
I like having a legal code not formulated mainly in the middle ages,

And you think that once the Muslim population reaches more than ten percent, all this will happen?

ComradeTim wrote:Should I go on?

Please continue with your unverifiable predictions that this will lead to The Inevitable Destruction Of All That Is Good And Holy And British.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please continue with your unverifiable predictions that this will lead to The Inevitable Destruction Of All That Is Good And Holy And British.
A path doesn't have to lead inevitably to a bad end to be a bad idea. Even if there's only a 10% or 5% chance that you will get a Bad End it's already starting to look questionable.

Life is full of risks no matter what you and often risky decisions are the correct ones, but it does mean you should attempt to analyze the future and prepare for situations you might not like very carefully.

I happen to think that "everything will probably be okay" but that's not a convincing basis for state policy.
The thread is dead now. Every post will be a back and forth with that plague on the forum. People need to learn to ignore him and discus the story with each other or this will go the way of everything else he touches.
ThereBeDragons wrote:A path doesn't have to lead inevitably to a bad end to be a bad idea. Even if there's only a 10% or 5% chance that you will get a Bad End it's already starting to look questionable.

Life is full of risks no matter what you and often risky decisions are the correct ones, but it does mean you should attempt to analyze the future and prepare for situations you might not like very carefully.

I happen to think that "everything will probably be okay" but that's not a convincing basis for state policy.

The article mentioned that there may be social changes like having women only swimming periods in public pools.

Is this what you mean by "a bad idea"?

If not, can you please explain how this is a problem?

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]