Number of Muslim Children in Britain Double in a Decade - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Pants-of-dog wrote:On the correlation between living standards and birthrates.
Or it could be due to the fact that recent immigrants did not grow up in conditions that we would call "a high standard of living".

Thats an awful big assumption to make, for no gain to me, the one living in the country presently, whatsoever.

And you think that once the Muslim population reaches more than ten percent, all this will happen?

I have no idea. I think allowing Islam to exist at all in this country, knowing that it's followers do such things, is inviting this to occur. 10%, 5%, 2%, 0.5%, whatever percent, I'll fight it tooth and nail.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Please continue with your unverifiable predictions that this will lead to The Inevitable Destruction Of All That Is Good And Holy And British.

Your sarcasm does you no credit.
To respond to what Goldberk accused me of earlier on in this thread, I've taken the position that I've taken only because I've become convinced that the British people will not do anything about this problem until it's too late to rescue the national identity of the UK anyway.

The future is gated community. The UK will be a political entity which will no longer correspond to any particular people.

Might as well just prepare for that now. Basically it's like white people aren't satisfied with being annoying by themselves, they had to be even more annoying by inviting Muslims into the same location as themselves, to replace themselves. It's like some kind of cruel joke. "Oh, you thought we were annoying? Wait until you see who we're replacing ourselves with!"
Last edited by Rei Murasame on 12 Feb 2015 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
To respond to what Goldberk accused me of earlier on in this thread, I've taken the position that I've taken only because I've become convinced that the British people will not do anything about this problem until it's too late to rescue the national identity of the UK anyway.

The future is gated community. The UK will be a political entity which will no longer correspond to any particular people.

So it's a case of the whole of the UK becoming London then? I can't say I disagree, the people of Britain are too self hating to vote in their own interests.
ComradeTim wrote:Thats an awful big assumption to make, for no gain to me, the one living in the country presently, whatsoever.

It is based on science.

I have no idea. I think allowing Islam to exist at all in this country, knowing that it's followers do such things, is inviting this to occur. 10%, 5%, 2%, 0.5%, whatever percent, I'll fight it tooth and nail.

Okay, your argument boils down to the claim that if even one Muslim steps on to Blessed Albion, Sharia will immediately be put into effect and you will be punished for your sex drugs and rock and roll. Can you see how this unrealistic?

CT wrote:Your sarcasm does you no credit.

If you would like to discuss me or my posting style instead of the topic, I am sure other posters here would be happy to discuss me. I will, however, exclude myself from such conversation.
Decky wrote:So it's a case of the whole of the UK becoming London then? I can't say I disagree, the people of Britain are too self hating to vote in their own interests.

Pretty much. I've seen a thing where it's saying that if nothing changes in the next two decades or so, there's a possibility that half the UK could end up being Muslim. That would basically be the end.

When it's something like that, I don't even know what to say to it other than "every group for themselves". After all, at that stage Muslims would be the largest and most influential minority community in the UK, and all other minority groups would have to basically be on guard against them.

After all, it's not like Muslims have been known to respect the religion of their neighbours when they have large enough numbers to rationalise not respecting it.

So when I say "we would have to dismantle the welfare state", it's because at that stage the social fabric would not exist for it to be justifiable any more. Goldberk has it backwards. He thinks that the welfare state creates the social fabric. It doesn't. The social fabric creates the welfare state. If there is a demographic cleavage that large and that profound, then no one is going to want to pay taxes to support the other demography's children. The welfare state would indeed be terminated, because the welfare state is based on gene-culture co-evolution, and not on abstract ideals about 'fairness'.
Last edited by Rei Murasame on 12 Feb 2015 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Rei Murasame wrote:Pretty much. I've seen a thing where it's saying that if nothing changes in the next two decades or so, there's a possibility that half the UK could end up being Muslim. That would basically be the end.

Not according to the article in the OP.
Rei Murasame wrote:Pretty much. I've seen a thing where it's saying that if nothing changes in the next two decades or so, there's a possibility that half the UK could end up being Muslim. That would basically be the end.

When it's something like that, I don't even know what to say to it other than "every group for themselves". After all, at that stage Muslims would be the largest and most influential minority community in the UK, and all other minority groups would have to basically be on guard against them.

After all, it's not like Muslims have been known to respect the religion of their neighbours when they have large enough numbers to rationalise not respecting it.

I don't believe for one second that the UK will surrender itself to the scourge of Islam. You have a pessimistic Mad Max vision of the future. Britain can still revive itself. Even if the Mohamedans grow to 25%, 50%, or more.... it's not necessarily over. Could end up in massive bloodshed... for Mohamedans.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The article mentioned that there may be social changes like having women only swimming periods in public pools.

Is this what you mean by "a bad idea"?

If not, can you please explain how this is a problem?
The proportion of the Islamic population may rise well above 10%, at which point their views will have more and more bearing on state policy.

It also might not happen. But can you safely say that it is impossible - or even so unlikely as to be not even a consideration - that the Muslim population of Britain might hit 15%? 20%? 30%?
ThereBeDragons wrote:The proportion of the Islamic population may rise well above 10%, at which point their views will have more and more bearing on state policy.

It also might not happen. But can you safely say that it is impossible - or even so unlikely as to be not even a consideration - that the Muslim population of Britain might hit 15%? 20%? 30%?

No, I cannot safely say that. But then again, no one can safely say that it the Muslim population will hit any of those numbers.

Also, I do not think that having an Islamic population above 10% is going to cause problems.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Not according to the article in the OP.

True, the article in the OP is not as pessimistic as that. But it could happen.

Fakestinian wrote:I don't believe for one second that the UK will surrender itself to the scourge of Islam. You have a pessimistic Mad Max vision of the future. Britain can still revive itself. Even if the Mohamedans grow to 25%, 50%, or more.... it's not necessarily over. Could end up in massive bloodshed... for Mohamedans.

Maybe, but they are going to wait for it to be 25% or more, then it won't be 'Mad Max', but it will be similar to the kind of brink-of-civil-war situation which would be pretty dangerous. After all, at 25% there would be no choices other than to either accept it or to have some kind of civil war.
Talking to Pod is like hitting your head into a brick wall. It would be mildly amusing to see if he actually says all this pro-muslim nonsense to IRL feminists, LGBT and non-Abrahamics, because if any of them is even slightly aware of their status in actual muslim countries, not fantasy lands, they would bean him round the head to knock some sense into him.
ComradeTim wrote:Talking to Pod is like hitting your head into a brick wall. It would be mildly amusing to see if he actually says all this pro-muslim nonsense to IRL feminists, LGBT and non-Abrahamics, because if any of them is even slightly aware of their status in actual muslim countries, not fantasy lands, they would bean him round the head to knock some sense into him.

Please, tell me more about me.

Do you have anything to say about Muslim immigration to the UK?

Rei Murasame wrote:I'm also baffled by his instance that there would be no problem. There would be plenty of problems.

My insistence that there would be no significant problems is probably based on the fact that the article in the OP also says that there would be none. I feel like I am the only one who clicked on the link and read the whole thing.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, I cannot safely say that. But then again, no one can safely say that it the Muslim population will hit any of those numbers. Also, I do not think that having an Islamic population above 10% is going to cause problems.
So, then we have to ask: Is there a chance that those numbers will become so high as to cause a problem? We can probably agree that 90% would be a problem, so now all that's left to do is figure out where between 10% and 90% constitutes an undesirable threshold for the existing population of Britain.

Demographics can and do change, sometimes massively. Bosnia and Herzegovina used to have almost no Muslims (in the medieval era). Then, it had almost all Muslims (under the Ottomans). In 1948 there were many more Serbs than Muslims. Now there are many more Muslims than Serbs. These numbers can and do change and one can't simply assume that a minority will simply stay a minority just because you think it would be nice if things happened that way - and these proportions dictate both the nature of the state and the future of the nation.
ThereBeDragons wrote:So, then we have to ask: Is there a chance that those numbers will become so high as to cause a problem? We can probably agree that 90% would be a problem, so now all that's left to do is figure out where between 10% and 90% constitutes an undesirable threshold for the existing population of Britain.

Okay. What percentage would be a problem, and why do you think that number is a problem?

ThereBeDragons wrote:Demographics can and do change, sometimes massively. Bosnia and Herzegovina used to have almost no Muslims (in the medieval era). Then, it had almost all Muslims (under the Ottomans). In 1948 there were many more Serbs than Muslims. Now there are many more Muslims than Serbs. These numbers can and do change and one can't simply assume that a minority will simply stay a minority just because you think it would be nice if things happened that way - and these proportions dictate both the nature of the state and the future of the nation.

If you want to avoid the problems of Serbia, do not elect violent nationalists.
me wrote: Do you says all this pro-muslim nonsense to IRL feminists, LGBT and non-Abrahamics?

Granted, it's more of a personal question, but it would quite interesting for me to know what they say when you say that muslims are no threat to them.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Okay. What percentage would be a problem, and why do you think that number is a problem?
I propose, for starters, 45%. At that point Britain will almost certainly be forced to adopt Islamic conventions in accordance with the democratic will of the people.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If you want to avoid the problems of Serbia, do not elect violent nationalists.
As I've said, one can't always assume that things will always develop into the best-case scenario.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]