New Atheism behaves like a cult - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you are indulging in the same behaviour you condemn, as far as I can see.

That makes no sense but OK.

Pants-of-dog wrote:How is Ms. Watson not really a skeptic? Is the mere mention of sexual assault enough to make you a fraud in the atheist movement?

For example, when she criticizes evolutionary psychology, it's pretty obvious that she's dealing in motivated reasoning. I personally object to some of the claims of evolutionary psychology as well, sometimes even vehemently, but THASS SEXISSISS isn't a valid criticism.
As a reminder, please keep Rule 2 in mind. This is to say, be respectful.

To implicitly accuse another user of having a speech impendiment instead of engaging in the substance of the argument is frowned upon.
Perkwunos wrote:For example, when she criticizes evolutionary psychology, it's pretty obvious that she's dealing in motivated reasoning. I personally object to some of the claims of evolutionary psychology as well, sometimes even vehemently, but THASS SEXISSISS isn't a valid criticism.

Did she criticse evolutionary psychology when she upset you by questioning Dawkins?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Did she criticse evolutionary psychology when she upset you by questioning Dawkins?

Not to my memory. She did spout off some dumb horseshit about how he's wrong because he's a pwiblidged old White Male™ though.
Okay.

People seem to get very emotional aboit Dawkins and his conflict with Ms. Watson.

While I understand and appreciate his contributions to atheism, this does not make him an expert on sexism. Thus, it does not surprise me that he needed to be educated on sexism.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Okay.

People seem to get very emotional aboit Dawkins and his conflict with Ms. Watson.

While I understand and appreciate his contributions to atheism, this does not make him an expert on sexism. Thus, it does not surprise me that he needed to be educated on sexism.

No one really needs to learn about critical theory.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure.

Please see my previous post.

If you like critical theory, then you should probably end the Rational™ Logical™ Empirical™ Evidence™ jerking because a lot of critical theory is devoted to showing how logic, mathematics and the scientific method are really just tools of oppression.
Yes, that is your opinion, and you are welcome to it. But this has nothing to do with atheism.

Also, it is amusing to see you derail discussions about rational thought to complain about how people interrupt discussion about rational thought.
Perkwunos wrote:If you like critical theory, then you should probably end the Rational™ Logical™ Empirical™ Evidence™ jerking because a lot of critical theory is devoted to showing how logic, mathematics and the scientific method are really just tools of oppression.

How could mathematics, something we use/need in everyday life, be construed as oppression?
How exactly does it oppress?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, that is your opinion, and you are welcome to it. But this has nothing to do with atheism.

Also, it is amusing to see you derail discussions about rational thought to complain about how people interrupt discussion about rational thought.

It's not just my opinion and it's not a derail. You took up my challenge so stop complaining.

Besoeker wrote:How could mathematics, something we use/need in everyday life, be construed as oppression?
How exactly does it oppress?

Well anything that was invented by a bunch of white men has to be a tool of oppression.
Perkwunos wrote:It's not just my opinion and it's not a derail. You took up my challenge so stop complaining.

Yes, it is just your opinion, and you did make the last few pages a discussion about how you do not like feminism, which seems like a pet ideological issue for you.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]