The Devil as a "Time Lord". - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I was thinking metaphysically about prophecy and the flow of time. Let's imagine that metaphysical beings can see the future; they have the power of prophecy. This would be a form of "time travel". Now let's further imagine that there is more than one being who can do this.

If you could see the future, presumably your first act would be to behave in such a way that the bad parts of your future are eliminated or reduced and the good parts are increased, or you would seek to obtain entirely new good results that you weren't going to obtain before.

Now let's imagine that more than one being with this power exists. They are now constantly fighting with each other, drawing lesser beings into their war, because one being's optimal future presumably detracts from another being's optimal future; they can't both be #1.

This would presumably lead to a "war in heaven" which would continue until a truce is called. Under the terms of the truce, each being agrees to accept its destiny. They stop trying to change the course of fate and they stop interfering with the flow of time. This inevitably means that a stable hierarchy forms. One being is at the top and the other beings agree to be beneath him. The being at the top would be the "King of Heaven" or God and the beings beneath him would be lesser Gods and Goddesses, angels, etc.

And yet there would probably be some beings who would never agree to stop fighting. They would always want to change the future to something that is better for them or more agreeable in their eyes. But if they are going to do it, other beings will do it as well, undoing what they have wrought and the result would be endless conflict.

So here is my theory. The one who was fated to end up at the top of the heap is God and the leader of those who would not stop fighting is the devil or the "Dark God."
Hong Wu wrote:No responses? I almost posted this under "opaque cogitations".

so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(Philippians 2:10-11)
Hong Wu wrote:No responses? I almost posted this under "opaque cogitations".

so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(Philippians 2:10-11)
The religions of the world and their stories are man's attempt to make sense of himself and his world. The components of religions and their scriptures are history, culture, imagination, uncertainty, and hope.

Genesis in particular is man's attempt to explain man's origin using the five components listed above. In this story, the "serpent" represents the natural mind of man. So too Satan and the devil.

@wat0n The evidence that IDF soldiers have int[…]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iymz8WhK3lE I was […]

Exactly. I think this is the caution to those tha[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]