God of Wonders - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hindsite
Scientists prove Almighty God's existence through Science

This documentary shows the works of GOD Almighty through science and nature. No longer can non believers declare the non existence of God in Science. The scientists in this documentary are some of the highest reguarded in the scientific community.

[youtube]vvVt4lDSPeY[/youtube]
By Saeko
I see no proof there whatsoever.

At 5:06 the narrator says, "He [the Kree-a-TOR (that's how they pronounce it)] guides the stars in their courses above."
By Hindsite
Saeko wrote:I see no proof there whatsoever.

Perhaps you have heard it said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

The phrase means it is the way a person views an object that defines its beauty.

Christians will see all the beauty of creation and love it, and yet a non-Christian would care nothing for it because they don't know the Lord who created all things.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
(Proverbs 31:30 NIV)

A person with an atheistic worldview is like a blind person that is in the dark and can not see the light.

There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
(John 1:9-13 NASB)
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:
A person with an atheistic worldview is like a blind person that is in the dark and can not see the light.

Again, that's your opinion.
I think the sky on a clear night is beautiful. I have been lucky enought to see the aurora borealis few times and it is awesome.
So my real life experience doesn't fit with your opinion. I thus conclude that your opinion is inaccurate.
Christian fundamentalists are among the least convincing people I know when they're attempting (failing extremely hard, but the attempt is at least made) to change people's minds. Unless I'm already of the opinion that the Bible is the word of god, hearing people say "the Bible is the word of god, therefore the Bible is true" is just

On top of that, a video of a talking dinosaur, a cultural relic from the 1950s, starting off by telling us the Bible is true in order to prove the Bible is true is literally like revisiting every single debate on Christianity and the Bible on PoFo/the internet since forever... oh wait.

No offense intended to my pal DrLee, but Christianity just isn't compelling at all.
By Potemkin
Unless I'm already of the opinion that the Bible is the word of god, hearing people say "the Bible is the word of god, therefore the Bible is true" is just

It's an example of circular logic:

"The Bible is the inerrant Word of God."

"How do you know?"

"Because it says so in the Bible."

By Hindsite
Potemkin wrote:It's an example of circular logic:

"The Bible is the inerrant Word of God."

"How do you know?"

"Because it says so in the Bible."

:excited:

How about the Math of God?

The Physical World Obeys God's Math (Fractals)

[youtube]NaDvPeWjBuY[/youtube]

The Math of God: Sacred Geometry

[youtube]ZyFRHW9OnHY[/youtube]

The second video is for those that do not want to give up their belief in evolution.
Last edited by Hindsite on 19 Mar 2016 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Hindshite, do you really think anyone is going to sit through the best part of THREE hours of video for you to make your point??

Only if they are interested in truth.
As the saying goes...One can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drank.
By Hindsite
Here is s shorter video that is less than 30 minutes.

The Fibonacci Sequence - God's Mathematical Design Of The Universe

[youtube]8Vajq-UK2aE[/youtube]
By Potemkin
That, plus he's appealing to sacred geometry, which is popular in New Age woo but has origins in the ancient Near East, to somehow prove the existence of the Biblical God?

Christianity originated as a fusion of Judaism and Hellenistic philosophy and the pagan Greek mystery cults. While it is true that the belief that geometry and the mathematical ordering of the world were taken as evidence of the existence of a metaphysical, divine order to the Cosmos by the ancient Greeks (the Greek word 'Kosmos' actually means 'order'), and was a pagan belief, and while it is true that no such belief can be found in ancient Judaism, it is in fact a fundamental element of Christian theology, which it inherited from the pagan Greeks. The concept of 'intelligent design' - which is what Hindsite is essentially referring to - is essentially a pagan concept which was united with Jewish eschatological theology to produce the sect which evolved into what we now call 'Christianity'. As I keep saying, the thing about paganism is that it never really went away. It just fused with Judaism and morphed into something new.

Of course, none of this proves anything regarding the existence of a deity, let alone the existence of the Biblical God, who seems to have been remarkably uninterested in mathematics or geometry. The existence of complexity and mathematical order in the Cosmos proves nothing beyond the fact that the Cosmos contains complexity and mathematical order. We can make of that what we will.
By Pants-of-dog
To add to what Potemkin said, the classical Christian conception of God seems to be heavily influenced by Plato and Plato's love for geometry.

This is why the God of Thomas Aquinas is omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, etc.
By Hindsite
Paradigm wrote:One can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drank.

I thought that was "One can lead a fundie to science, but can't make him think."[/quote]

Don't feel down. We have all been deceived at some time in our lives. We all still have a lot to learn.
There is another saying, "I have forgot more than you know."
By Drlee
No offense intended to my pal DrLee, but Christianity just isn't compelling at all.

It might be a hell of a lot more compelling if yahoos did not keep posting garbage like these videos.

You know. Here is the scary thing. For intelligent people like yourself and many who post here this kind of stuff is just silly enough to be laughable. You know that the majority of Christians think this is nonsense. But the scary thing is that there is a pretty substantial subgroup of people who are looking for exactly this. They never "got it" in school and they want a life filled with simple rules. They are similar to team athletes who chant how great they are just before they get their completely expected ass kicking by the best team in the league. They are like folks who visit palmists....just looking for a roadmap.

There are very smart Christians. Lots of them. Unfortunately, since Christianity is a matter for faith and should be approached that way, most of these smart Christians see no reason to debate "God" on a scientific or evidential basis. While not claiming to be particularly smart, I am one of these folks. The thing is that once doubters realize this, they see that there is nothing to debate. People of faith become much harder targets. There is no harder target than a liberal (where social issues are concerned) Christian to debate. What is one to question about Christians who see faith as the key and evidence entirely personal in nature?

How do you go after a person who sees the true expression of his faith as a care for the poor and downtrodden? What is the argument? That atheists can do good things too? Of course they can. So what? I wish more of them would show up at our clinic or kitchen. That there is no evidence for my faith? There is to me but it is completely personal in nature and besides, I make no claim that this evidence is scientifically provable. What can the casual observer of our homeless project claim? That there is no evidence for God and therefor our project is somehow misguided or unnecessary? Tell it to the folks we will treat in our clinic tomorrow. Of course one could debate the "truth" of the Bible but then most of us do not view it as a history or science book so that is not very satisfying, is it?

There was a movie a couple of decades ago called "Oh God". It was a comedy in which George Burns played God. Very funny actually. One line "God" had was this:

"I am sorry this whole miracle thing got started in the first place. It makes the difference between us seem so great."

In my opinion the debate ought not to be about God in nature but rather the nature of God. I am happy to talk about that. I am not, for a moment, going to defend these idiots who put out garbage like these videos. I find their behavior about as un Christian as it can be.

ON EDIT:

One thing about these video makers. They are not calling for Christians to have faith in God with these videos. They are calling on Christians to have faith in them. That, for Christians, is about the biggest red-flag that there can be.
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:Here is s shorter video that is less than 30 minutes.

The Fibonacci Sequence - God's Mathematical Design Of The Universe

It goes wrong after a few minutes in.
The golden section isn't 3 by 5.
It's 1:1.618 if you solve the quadratic equation.

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]