God of Wonders - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:And Lewis Carroll was entertaining.

My wife said she enjoyed Alice in Wonderland when she was a kid. But when I was a kid I was heavily into the western cowboy movies and missed that classic. However, later in life I watched it on television with my wife, who wanted to see it again.
By Besoeker

Hindsite wrote:My wife said she enjoyed Alice in Wonderland when she was a kid. But when I was a kid I was heavily into the western cowboy movies and missed that classic. However, later in life I watched it on television with my wife, who wanted to see it again.

À chacun son goût.
By Besoeker

Hindsite wrote:My wife said she enjoyed Alice in Wonderland when she was a kid. But when I was a kid I was heavily into the western cowboy movies and missed that classic. However, later in life I watched it on television with my wife, who wanted to see it again.

À chacun son goût.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:À chacun son goût.

But I am convinced, by many infallible proofs, that the Bible is the eternal, inspired and inerrant Word of God.
All men are sinners, headed to a devil’s hell; Jesus is the only Savior.

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

(Acts 1:3 KJV)
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:À chacun son goût.

Hindsite wrote:But I am convinced, by many infallible proofs, that the Bible is the eternal, inspired and inerrant Word of God.

My kids were convinced that there was a tooth fairy. There was the irrefutable evidence of that tooth being replaced by pieces of silver. Of the monetary kind, not pieces of Long John.......of R.L. Stevenson fame........
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:My kids were convinced that there was a tooth fairy. There was the irrefutable evidence of that tooth being replaced by pieces of silver. Of the monetary kind, not pieces of Long John.......of R.L. Stevenson fame........

Yes, children are innocent and trusting of their parents until they find out that the persons they have trusted the most have lied to them about the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter bunny. Most children easily forgive their parents once they admit the truth, because they understand it was meant as entertainment to make them happy; and they did enjoy the excitement while it lasted.

But skepticism and distrust becomes part of their nature as a result. Since santa Claus is associated with Christmas and Jesus Christ, they sometimes start wondering if Jesus and all the Bible stories are make believe too. Some even turn completely away from believing in Christianity as truth and it also becomes just another fairy tale.

After going to school and being taught some truth by their teachers, they regain a certain amount of faith and trust in the teachesrs. So when they are taught the fairy tale of evolution they are fully ready to believe it as more facts in their educational learning. After all they have irrefutable proof that the beaks of finches change in just a small amount of time. So it becomes easy to believe when they are told by their teachers that with millions and billions of years all the different kinds of animals came form a common ancestor and God and Jesus are not needed.

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost."

(Matthew 18:1-11 NKJV)
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:My kids were convinced that there was a tooth fairy. There was the irrefutable evidence of that tooth being replaced by pieces of silver. Of the monetary kind, not pieces of Long John.......of R.L. Stevenson fame........

Hindsite wrote:Yes, children are innocent and trusting of their parents until they find out that the persons they have trusted the most have lied to them about the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter bunny. Most children easily forgive their parents once they admit the truth, because they understand it was meant as entertainment to make them happy; and they did enjoy the excitement while it lasted.

But skepticism and distrust becomes part of their nature as a result.

Your self-proclaimed understanding of child psychology is truly profound.
Or maybe plumbing the depths would be a more apt way of expressing it.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Your self-proclaimed understanding of child psychology is truly profound.

You are welcome.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:Your self-proclaimed understanding of child psychology is truly profound.

Hindsite wrote:You are welcome.

For what exactly?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:For what exactly?

For some insight with understanding of child psychology, of course.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:For what exactly?

Hindsite wrote:For some insight with understanding of child psychology, of course.

So you don't do light years or sarsam?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:A typo.
Is than another thing you do?

It appears you have had a little too much liquor to drink. You better sleep it off and come back tomorrow.
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:It appears you have had a little too much liquor to drink. You better sleep it off and come back tomorrow.

It appears that you know no such thing.
If you judge me based on a couple of typos, you must be a very shallow individual.

But then you maybe think that about all atheists.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:It appears that you know no such thing.
If you judge me based on a couple of typos, you must be a very shallow individual.

All you have to do to know what I think of atheists is to read the Holy Bible.
By Besoeker

Hindsite wrote:All you have to do to know what I think of atheists is to read the Holy Bible.

I have. Your point?
By Besoeker

Hindsite wrote:All you have to do to know what I think of atheists is to read the Holy Bible.

I have. Your point?
By The Sabbaticus
This is probably the least interesting thread on this entire forum. And we have threads about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, mind you.

On topic: [youtube]H0lH92BhOLY[/youtube]
By Hindsite
The Creation Museum would be a good place for Besoeker to visit.
I hope he can get away from worshipping his little dog long enough to visit it for a couple of days.
Perhaps he would have a change of heart.

Hmm. How old is this guy? Could be he is not an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]