Hell and the Devil - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hindsite
This documentary investigates the history of hell and Lucifer, the Serpent Satan the devil.
[youtube]gp00kZoeRrg[/youtube]
By Potemkin
[youtube]9qFQ_k5uhrU[/youtube]
By Godstud
10 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist
http://listverse.com/2015/10/03/10-biblical-reasons-why-hell-might-not-exist/
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:10 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist
http://listverse.com/2015/10/03/10-biblical-reasons-why-hell-might-not-exist/

Much of what this guy says if false and quoted out of context. Jesus Christ talked more about Hell than He did of Heaven. Therefore, as a Christian, I will accept what the Christ said.
By Godstud
You don't know anything about context, since the Bible is 100% accurate so you cannot take it out of context. That would require something called "interpretation", which you say cannot be done since the Bible is supposed to be taken literally. Make up your fucking mind! You just pick and choose what you want to "literally" believe!

You support Trump, who, according to Jesus, has less chance than a camel going through the eye of a needle.

I'll bet you ignore these verses, though... right?
11 Kinds of Bible Verses Christians Love to Ignore
http://www.alternet.org/belief/11-kinds ... ove-ignore

Enjoy your fucked up version of Christianity, Hindsite. It's disgusting, putrid, and vile! I'm glad there's religious people out there who are capable of rational thought.

You'll end up in Hell, according to your Bible. You AND Trump.
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:Much of what this guy says if false and quoted out of context. Jesus Christ talked more about Hell than He did of Heaven. Therefore, as a Christian, I will accept what the Christ said.

But you don't actually KNOW what he said. None of the NT was a contemporaneousous account.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:But you don't actually KNOW what he said. None of the NT was a contemporaneousous account.

I believe much of it was written by eyewitnesses that saw and heard what he said and did. What we think we know is not more important to us than what we believe.
By layman
You support Trump, who, according to Jesus, has less chance than a camel going through the eye of a needle.

Why on earth would a christian support trump. I mean ted cruz at least makes sense. Trump is like the anti-jesus

In the UK christians tend to be quite gentle in their politics. In the US they support a rich thug like trump because jesus was all about building walls to keep mexicans out
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:But you don't actually KNOW what he said. None of the NT was a contemporaneousous account.

Hindsite wrote:I believe much of it was written by eyewitnesses that saw and heard what he said and did.

Most historians put the date of the earliest books of new testament being written at 70AD or later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament#Gospels

So four decades or more after the after the crusifiction. So how many of the writers would still be alive, far less eye witnesses, of the works of JC? And how reliable would their testimony be after so long a passage of time?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Most historians put the date of the earliest books of new testament being written at 70AD or later.

So four decades or more after the after the crusifiction. So how many of the writers would still be alive, far less eye witnesses, of the works of JC? And how reliable would their testimony be after so long a passage of time?

When did these historians write their history? I will bet they were not there to witness the writing of the books of the New Testament. They use that date in order to claim that Jesus did not really make the prophecy of the destruction of the temple in jerusalem before it happened.

Surely, if Jerusalem and the temple had been destroyed before they wrote the books of the New Testament they would have mentioned it. And they would have also given Jesus credit for a fulfilled prophecy. This claim of the books of the New Testament weing written after 70AD is obviously revisionist history by evil minded men.

For an engineer, you certainly are not using your intelligence and logic on this issue. Perhaps it is because you just do not have the required knowledge on this subject. Maybe you should not be arguing against the truth of the Holy Bible.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:Most historians put the date of the earliest books of new testament being written at 70AD or later.

Hindsite wrote:When did these historians write their history? I will bet they were not there to witness the writing of the books of the New Testament.

So we should accept verbatim the words of those who who are credited with penning them forty or more after the events? Or not even born at the time?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:So we should accept verbatim the words of those who who are credited with penning them forty or more after the events? Or not even born at the time?

I am saying those so-called historians have an evil agenda to discredit the holy scriptures and that the letters and other writings in the New Testament had to be written before 70 AD by the logic of it's content. I am saying those so-called historians are wrong and were not there to see any of it written down and do not know when it was written, but wish it to be after 70 AD. I am not saying that you must believe as I do, that is up to you. I am saying I believe it as written.

Obviously, you could not honestly answer my questions.
By Hindsite
Hindsite wrote:So we should accept verbatim the words of those who who are credited with penning them forty or more after the events? Or not even born at the time?

I am saying those so-called historians have an evil agenda to discredit the holy scriptures and that the letters and other writings in the New Testament had to be written before 70 AD by the logic of it's content. I am saying those so-called historians are wrong and were not there to see any of it written down and do not know when it was written, but wish it to be after 70 AD. I am not saying that you must believe as I do, that is up to you. I am saying I believe it as written.

Obviously, you could not honestly answer my questions. I am also saying you are ignorant of what is written in the New Testament.[/quote]
By Godstud
Evil agenda? Are you saying that the Bible and word of God is so pathetic that a little temptation from the Devil can destroy it? It's all a conspiracy!!! God's weak and his word is easily corrupted and manipulated(according to you).

Oh, fuck YOUR God, Hindsite! He's a mewling pathetic bastard who once asked a man to kill his own son as a test. What a petty cunt!
By Hindsite
Don't you have anything better to do than troll me and make nasty comments on things, about which you know next to nothing? I would think that is a more pathetic or pitiful condition.
By Godstud
You are trolling these topics with your incessant bullshit, and conspiracy theories, about Christianity, of which you are quite actually ignorant. Anyone can knock off a few scriptures in response to anything. I'm quite knowledgeable about the Bible, since I've read it more than a few times and studied it a bit until I found that I didn't need it, and it didn't really make me a better person. I also have lots of time on my hands.

I am making nasty comments about YOUR god. The Christian God would be(if he/she existed) a forgiving being with hyper-intelligence, who wouldn't get threatened by scientific endeavors of humans, since that God would have made the universe make sense(Science is about making sense of the universe. You don't think he made rules?).

Parables and stories are not meant to be taken literally, but... you do exactly that. Your 'god", and I use little g, on purpose, is not the Christian God. You're making it up as you go along.

So, start making some sense and argue with some logic and not just spout Bible scripture in response to every and all arguments and I might show you a wee bit more respect. And stop with the lies, of evil conspiracies, when anything disagrees with your pathetic faith. A person of strong faith wouldn't need to make up excuses for their "all-powerful god".
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]