Hell and the Devil - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Rancid
As a Satanist, I want you all to know that I have a strong belief in the existence of Heaven and Hell.
By Besoeker
Rancid wrote:As a Satanist, I want you all to know that I have a strong belief in the existence of Heaven and Hell.

As an electrical engineer I want you all to know that electricity exists.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:As an electrical engineer I want you all to know that electricity exists.

No one here is debating the existence of electricity. We are debating the existence of Heaven, Hell, and the Devil. What is your evidence that they do not exist?
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:As an electrical engineer I want you all to know that electricity exists.

Hindsite wrote:No one here is debating the existence of electricity. We are debating the existence of Heaven, Hell, and the Devil. What is your evidence that they do not exist?

You claim that your god created everything in six 24 hour days.
On which of those days did he/she/it invent HVDC transmission?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:You claim that your god created everything in six 24 hour days.

The Holy Bible does not mention that specifically, but i would guess that system was in place the very first day.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:You claim that your god created everything in six 24 hour days.

Hindsite wrote:The Holy Bible does not mention that specifically, but i would guess that system was in place the very first day.

So you don't know that god created everything, do you?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:So you don't know that god created everything, do you?

God created the original systems that allows for man to create also. All creation is based on God's original creation which man copies. Just because I do not know the exact details does not mean God did not do it, does it?
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:So you don't know that god created everything, do you?

Hindsite wrote:God created the original systems that allows for man to create also.

So god didn't create everything after all?

Or possibly didn't create anything?
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:So god didn't create everything after all?

Or possibly didn't create anything?

God created everything that was created and made in the beginning. That does not mean that God would not allow man to create or make anything.

In the beginning, God created the heavens, the earth, the seas, and everything that are in them. As part of that creation in the beginning, man was created in the image of God so man could also create or make things after the beginning by using the ideas from God's creations.

No, it is not possible that God (the Lord) did not create anything.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:I wish you could see that for what it is.

Those are not just my opinions.
Those are facts from the Holy Bible.
Can't you get that through your thick skull?
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:I wish you could see that for what it is.

Those are not just my opinions.
Those are facts from the Holy Bible.
Can't you get that through your thick skull?[/quote]
What a charmer you are.

They are, at best, interpretations.
Why can't you see that?
By warsmith17
Besoeker wrote:
They are, at best, interpretations.
Why can't you see that?

People with unshakable belief, like Hindsite, truly do frighten me. That level of unquestioning belief is the first step on the road to atrocities. The fact that some American policy makers share these beliefs, and may act on them frightens me even more.
By Hindsite
warsmith17 wrote:People with unshakable belief, like Hindsite, truly do frighten me. That level of unquestioning belief is the first step on the road to atrocities. The fact that some American policy makers share these beliefs, and may act on them frightens me even more.

I am not unquestioning, but questioning on some things are over for me. There is no longer any reason to continually question the truth of things that have been revealed to me by sufficient convincing evidence. I don't see why you would think believing in a loving Creator that is like a father that only wants the best for his children wpuld be the first step to atrocities. A loving father disciplines his children to teach them right behavior, so there should be no need to be frightened. That is the Christian belief.

However, if you are referring to the Islamic god of submission, then I can see where you would be frighten by their atrocities, such as beheading of Christians and anyone else that refuses to submit to their beliefs.

Perhaps you would also do well to be frighten of those that have an unshakable belief in the theory of evilution in which every human is just an evolved animal that may commit any atrocity that they believe will go unpunished or that the punishment is worth the crime.

The American policy makesrs that agree with me only want the enforcement of law and order for the improvement of the American society, so that all can live in safety and security, so that they can enjoy the liberties to pursue happiness without hurting anyone else within the society.
By Besoeker
warsmith17 wrote:People with unshakable belief, like Hindsite, truly do frighten me. That level of unquestioning belief is the first step on the road to atrocities. The fact that some American policy makers share these beliefs, and may act on them frightens me even more.

[Quote Hindshite]
I don't see why you would think believing in a loving Creator that is like a father that only wants the best for his children[/quote]
Yet allows tens of thousands a day to dies of starvation? Possibly evem makes it happen if he is omnipotent.

Don't you see how incongruous those notions are?
But, I suspect it's more a case of won't see how incongruous those notions are.
By Godstud
They are one and the same.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:They are one and the same.

That is where you are wrong again.
The God of the Holy Bible has a Son.
The god of Islam has no son.
And that is just one of the many differences.
By Besoeker

Hindsite wrote:No one here is debating the existence of electricity. We are debating the existence of Heaven, Hell, and the Devil. What is your evidence that they do not exist?

What is your evidence that the FSM does not exist?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]