Hell and the Devil - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote: What is your evidence that the FSM does not exist?

It would be nice if you could stop asking stupid questions and stay on the topic.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote: What is your evidence that the FSM does not exist?

Hindsite wrote:It would be nice if you could stop asking stupid questions and stay on the topic.

It would be nice if you could give straight answers to direct questions for a change.

My point was in reference to this from you:
"We are debating the existence of Heaven, Hell, and the Devil. What is your evidence that they do not exist?"

If my question is stupid, then so is that.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:It would be nice if you could give straight answers to direct questions for a change.

"We are debating the existence of Heaven, Hell, and the Devil. What is your evidence that they do not exist?"

My point is that the FSM is irrelevant to the posted topic and does not deserve an answer.
However, my question is related to the posted topic.
By Godstud
When it comes to FSM and Heaven and Hell, there is equal evidence of their existence.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:It would be nice if you could give straight answers to direct questions for a change.

Hindsite wrote:My point is that the FSM is irrelevant to the posted topic and does not deserve an answer.

As is mine.
The penny might drop.
By ingliz
Heaven, Hell, and the Devil.

Near death experiences:

The neural networks of the brain are interpreting their own internal damage. As the cortex becomes sufficiently damaged it fails to distinguish the neurologically-induced fantasy from reality. Within this so-called "death dream", the most habituated beliefs and expectations of the individual are played out.

S.L. Thaler, “Virtual input” phenomena within the death of a simple pattern associator (1995) Neural Networks, Volume 8, Issue 1 wrote:Abstract

A simple pattern association network, trained to convert any of eight three-bit input patterns to corresponding 3 × 3 pixel patterns, is destroyed by the random pruning of its connection weights. Within such “deaths” we see the frequent appearance of the trained output patterns independent of the application of the corresponding inputs. Such events, which we shall call “virtual inputs, ” increase in frequency when input layer weights are pruned in favor of those in the output layer. We ultimately attribute the virtual inputs to a neural network completion process in which the pattern of zeros produced by the stochastic decay are interpreted by the largely intact hidden and output layers as the application of any of the eight original training input vectors to the input units. After isolating the essential mechanisms producing virtual inputs, we generalize this phenomenon to a wide range of parallel distributed systems.

By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:Near death experiences:

The neural networks of the brain are interpreting their own internal damage. As the cortex becomes sufficiently damaged it fails to distinguish the neurologically-induced fantasy from reality. Within this so-called "death dream", the most habituated beliefs and expectations of the individual are played out.

Obviously another nonsense hypohesis, like chimpanzee to man evilution - simply part of the doctrines of demons.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:When it comes to FSM and Heaven and Hell, there is equal evidence of their existence.

We know that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was created by Bobby Henderson in January 2005.
A Federal Judge ruled that the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" is not a real religion.
FSM is a work of fiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
By Godstud
Who is to say that the Bible isn't a work of fiction? It could have been a 1st century version of Dianetics.

You assume a lot without ample evidence. That the bible lasted so long, and interpreted in so many ways, lends credence to the idea that it's NOT the work of a "god", but of many merely shaping it to his will.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Who is to say that the Bible isn't a work of fiction? It could have been a 1st century version of Dianetics.

You assume a lot without ample evidence. That the bible lasted so long, and interpreted in so many ways, lends credence to the idea that it's NOT the work of a "god", but of many merely shaping it to his will.

We know that much of the historical parts are real history, because many of the people, places, and events have been verified. There may be some of the stories that are fictional, we don't know for sure.

It could be that visions that John described in the book of Revelation are fictional imaginations based on his knowledge of prophecies from the Old Testament. We don't know that for sure. This is were belief comes in. You either believe are you don't. Got it?
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:We know that much of the historical parts are real history, because many of the people, places, and events have been verified.
Some, not all. You exaggerate. Confirmation bias at work, yet again.

Hindsite wrote:There may be some of the stories that are fictional, we don't know for sure.
We don't know if they aren't ALL fictional, either, do we? You can't seem to tell the difference between parable and historic re-telling.

Hindsite wrote:It could be that visions that John described in the book of Revelation are fictional imaginations based on his knowledge of prophecies from the Old Testament.
That sounds very reasonable.

Right... faith. Absence of evidence means that you have to rely on faith. I couldn't have said it better myself. Faith requires no evidence.
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:My point is that the FSM is irrelevant to the posted topic and does not deserve an answer.

Let me spell this out for you in simple terms. You posted this:

I don't have evidence of something NOT existing. Nor do you. You can't have evidence of non-existence of an entity.
Try to think that one through instead of calling my question stupid.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Let me spell this out for you in simple terms. You posted this:

I don't have evidence of something NOT existing. Nor do you. You can't have evidence of non-existence of an entity.
Try to think that one through instead of calling my question stupid.

I thought about it.
Your question stiil seems stupid to me.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:OK. What is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Since you have made it clear that you are not interested in changing your atheist belief, there is no need for us to talk. But if you really want to know why the FSM doesn't exist, look it up on wikipedia yourself. -X(mod edit)
Last edited by noemon on 18 May 2016 17:58, edited 1 time in total. Reason: rule 2 violation edited.
By Besoeker
Besoeker wrote:OK. What is your evidence that the FSM doesn't exist?

Hindsite wrote:Since you have made it clear that you are not interested in changing your atheist belief, there is no need for us to talk. But if you really want to know why the FSM doesn't exist, look it up on wikipedia yourself. I do not intend to answer any of your stupid questions and you can go to hell if you please.

You mean you can't answer the question?
And that really is the point.
You asked me for evidence about your heaven and hell don't exist.
That was the stupid question. I can't. Surely, even you realise the providing evidence that something doesn't exist is on a hiking to nothing?
My reference to the FSM was to try to get you to think about that. Clearly I failed. So carry on believing in your mytheical supernatural entity.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:You mean you can't answer the question?
And that really is the point.
You asked me for evidence about your heaven and hell don't exist.
That was the stupid question. I can't. Surely, even you realise the providing evidence that something doesn't exist is on a hiking to nothing?
My reference to the FSM was to try to get you to think about that. Clearly I failed. So carry on believing in your mytheical supernatural entity.

You would rather question my ability to answer than admit that your question was stupid and that you already know that the FSM does not really exists. But since you refuse to look up the answer yourself from wikipedia, I will provide the answer for you below.

The idea of a "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was created in the mind of Bobby Henderson, who first described it in a satirical open letter written in January 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:You would rather question my ability to answer than admit that your question was stupid and that you already know that the FSM does not really exists. But since you refuse to look up the answer yourself from wikipedia, I will provide the answer for you below.

The idea of a "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was created in the mind of Bobby Henderson, who first described it in a satirical open letter written in January 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.

Can you prove that the FSM doesn't exist?
Let's keep it simple. It's just just yes or no.
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Can you prove that the FSM doesn't exist?
Let's keep it simple. It's just just yes or no.

I do not have too disprove the FSM, any more than I have to disprove the tooth fairy, for anyone with a brain and common sense knows already they do not exist.
By Godstud
Anyone with half a brain and common sense also knows that the evidence for the god is just as shaky.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In the same spirit I freely admit I was wrong to […]

Well that depends on what you want to accomplish.[…]

Stop condoning Islam Stop condoning Orthodox Juda[…]

Farage, btw, is a Putin puppet. What a laugh. Th[…]