The Genealogy of Jesus Christ - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
The Genealogy of Jesus Christ (According to Eusebius)

[youtube]U3bsAMyRwbw[/youtube]

The Curse of Jeconiah

[youtube]p4v1UEZb3Z0[/youtube]
anasawad wrote:Dude. Put some writting in your OPs. Comment on it. Give an opinion or something.

I found these two videos that seem to give a reasonable explanation of supposed problems with the genealogies of Jesus listed in Matthew and Luke. I believe they do a good job of explaining the geneslogies, as well as showing that Jesus was not in the cursed line and qualified to be King of the Jews.
Last edited by Hindsite on 24 Apr 2016 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
anasawad's correct. Just posting videos, and scriptures, is NOT giving your OWN opinion. What is the point of posting this if you aren't putting up for debate?

It's also a general rule on these forums, that you have to actually say something, when posting, not just posting something and assume we all take it as fact(which we won't).
Godstud wrote:anasawad's correct. Just posting videos, and scriptures, is NOT giving your OWN opinion. What is the point of posting this if you aren't putting up for debate?

It's also a general rule on these forums, that you have to actually say something, when posting, not just posting something and assume we all take it as fact(which we won't).

Okay, I did give my opinion on another thread, but I believe these videos are better than the information I previously gave. The visuals along with the narative is much better than I could explain in simple words. However, if there are still questions after watching the videos, I will be happy to attempt to answer them.
There is no evidence that Jesus HAD a wife or anyone to carry on his 'geneology'. Am I correct? So doesn't his geneology sort of end with his death?
Godstud wrote:There is no evidence that Jesus HAD a wife or anyone to carry on his 'geneology'. Am I correct? So doesn't his geneology sort of end with his death?

You seem to overlook that Jesus was raised from the dead after three days and ascended up into heaven and will return to claim the Kingship as Lord of lords and King of kings.
Hindsite wrote:You seem to overlook that Jesus was raised from the dead after three days and ascended up into heaven and will return to claim the Kingship as Lord of lords and King of kings.

In your opinion.
Hindsite wrote:You seem to overlook that Jesus was raised from the dead after three days and ascended up into heaven and will return to claim the Kingship as Lord of lords and King of kings.
Are saying that the literal translation is WRONG?? That would be quite the admission... especially from YOU.
I can't see why any Christian would have any concern what the genealogy of Joseph was. The whole point of the 2 gospels that bother listing the genealogies is that Joseph was not related to Jesus - who was born of the 'Virgin' Mary, with no sperm from Joseph. Hell, loads of Christians even think they didn't have sex after they got married, just so Mary could remain a virgin all her life (which means denying the bit about 'James the brother of Jesus', so some don't hold to that). Joseph is a nobody in the Jesus story - he disappears after (in one version) a quick symbolic flight to Egypt. They don't even bother saying when he died, though it's presumed it was before Jesus, on the grounds that his mother Mary still gets mentioned by the time Jesus snuffs it.

I will give the 1st video bonus points for the cartoon beheading of one of Joseph's ancestors just to illustrate "something happened to him".
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:I can't see why any Christian would have any concern what the genealogy of Joseph was. The whole point of the 2 gospels that bother listing the genealogies is that Joseph was not related to Jesus - who was born of the 'Virgin' Mary, with no sperm from Joseph. Hell, loads of Christians even think they didn't have sex after they got married, just so Mary could remain a virgin all her life (which means denying the bit about 'James the brother of Jesus', so some don't hold to that). Joseph is a nobody in the Jesus story - he disappears after (in one version) a quick symbolic flight to Egypt. They don't even bother saying when he died, though it's presumed it was before Jesus, on the grounds that his mother Mary still gets mentioned by the time Jesus snuffs it.

I will give the 1st video bonus points for the cartoon beheading of one of Joseph's ancestors just to illustrate "something happened to him".

That was basically the way I was thinking too when I provided the original explanation in another thread that went off topic and on to this topic. But when I came across these videos and saw that neither Joseph or Mary were in the cursed line, I felt a need to provide this information in a thread with the appropriate topic title.
Hindsite wrote:That was basically the way I was thinking too when I provided the original explanation in another thread that went off topic and on to this topic. But when I came across these videos and saw that neither Joseph or Mary were in the cursed line, I felt a need to provide this information in a thread with the appropriate topic title.

I do hope you now feel that your need has been satisfied and that you don't have the need to satiate others with your interminable video epics.
Besoeker wrote:I do hope you now feel that your need has been satisfied and that you don't have the need to satiate others with your interminable video epics.

Yes, my own personal needs on this subject have already been met. However, I feel like the apostles of Christ in that I do not wish our brothers and sisters to remain ignorant on this subject.
Hindsite wrote:Just posting videos, and scriptures, is NOT giving your OWN opinion

He's a bible-bashing Christian...he's not allowed an opinion, he can only parrot what (he's told) it says in scripture.
Cartertonian wrote:He's a bible-bashing Christian...he's not allowed an opinion, he can only parrot what (he's told) it says in scripture.

There are some people that have been given greater understanding of the meaning of holy scripture than you and I. So it is better to parrot the words of a few wise men than to parrot the words of many fools.
Hindsite wrote:There are some people that have been given greater understanding of the meaning of holy scripture than you and I. So it is better to parrot the words of a few wise men than to parrot the words of many fools.

You see? Smug, sanctimonious, closed-minded religious folk have always got a clever-dick prepared answer for everything.

You do realise that in many respects you represent the same kind of mindset as the Jihadis? Sure, you don't go around killing people, but your mind is closed to the possibility that Scripture is not the word of God, but the words of men with their own sociopolitical agenda, who have sought to exert power and influence over their fellow men for millennia.

Personally, I am not an atheist but rather an agnostic in the literal sense of the word. I don't know. Those who claim to know lie. They believe. Knowing and believing are not the same thing.
Cartertonian wrote:You see? Smug, sanctimonious, closed-minded religious folk have always got a clever-dick prepared answer for everything.

You do realise that in many respects you represent the same kind of mindset as the Jihadis? Sure, you don't go around killing people, but your mind is closed to the possibility that Scripture is not the word of God, but the words of men with their own sociopolitical agenda, who have sought to exert power and influence over their fellow men for millennia.

Personally, I am not an atheist but rather an agnostic in the literal sense of the word. I don't know. Those who claim to know lie. They believe. Knowing and believing are not the same thing.

You do not seem to understand that one must believe first before one can know anything.
The video may be basically right about Joseph, who may not be Jesus' biological father. Mary's virgin birth theory, which surmises that Jesus was conceived in the womb of Mary through the Holy Spirit while Mary was yet a virgin, can only be explained by the presence of Jesus' mystical biological father.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the new aid package has given Joe Biden some le[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]