What do you mean by "spirituality"? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I mean specifically, how is "spirituality" defined in this subforum so as to expressly exclude "atheists" from discussion of it?

As an agnostic with a strong bias toward atheism, I'm inclined to be offended by this censorship, but I'll resist the impulse, at least until I hear the justification. I know many atheists who consider themselves spiritual people, and who have a lot to say about spiritual practice.

Perhaps you mean "theism", not "spirituality". In that case, why should atheists be excluded from participation in a subforum dedicated to a discussion of theism? Aren't there philosophical accounts of theism that are more or less consistent with some forms of atheism and agnosticism? Are political conservatives excluded from the liberalism subforum on this site, or vice versa? Is there an analogous subforum from which theists are excluded from participation, somewhere on this site? Isn't it part of the purpose of an online community like this, to promote communication on contentious issues among people with a wide range of divergent views?

I'd appreciate an account of this special exclusionary provision, from account administrators, theists, spiritual people, or anyone else who happens to pass by.
I was never quite comfortable with the wording there, but what is basically meant is that it's supposed to be a safe space for people to discuss their spiritual beliefs with one another without the typical intrusions by skeptics/atheists asking them to prove that God exists or that there's an afterlife, etc. In other words, our discussions here are supposed to start from a place of openness and sharing rather than of debunking. Atheists who adhere to these criteria are more than welcome to participate. Put another way, you're more than welcome and talk about why you personally identify as an atheist, but you are not allowed to argue against someone else's belief in God.
Having spirit means you have some sort of value system that isn't predicated upon the material. It also sometimes means excitement or passion, which is a reference to how materialism becomes very boring, depressing and pointless-feeling after awhile.
I would take the meaning of spirituality simply as it comes across when I read the title and the description of intent at the top of the page. And that meaning I would see to be a belief in a non-physical higher power, whether the higher power is a "supreme being" or a higher and unseen Self. And that is about as far as I can take it without distorting meanings. I spent ten or more years probing the depths of spirituality and eventually came full circle, but I don't think my conclusions would be proper here, given the guidance above on the purpose of this forum.

Or maybe there is evidence, just like it was in th[…]

The protest encampments are now spreading to other[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]