The west needs a more human Jesus - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I never said it was possible. I just said if you did. This was my point before actually. If you dare to challenge your opinion, you come from another angle and try and say something you never actually said. And this proves my point. Did I say matter could go at the speed of light? To he honest Pote, I'll leave the science stuff to other people I know and keep this forum to politics. There is too much arrogance on here to have a meaningful discussion on something I am passionate about.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, B0ycey. :)
Potemkin wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree, B0ycey. :)

I am glad that's finished. It was way off topic.
Jesus prayed to God like other humans. He believed there was a higher power like most humans.
The New Testament mentions that Jesus had brothers and sisters.
Anyone have any ideas on that making him appear more human?
Having followers who actually act human and live by what he taught might help.

Haven't seen much of that from Christians, as of late, especially not on pofo where most of them spread hate, fear, and loathing.
Godstud wrote:Having followers who actually act human and live by what he taught might help.

Haven't seen much of that from Christians, as of late, especially not on pofo where most of them spread hate, fear, and loathing.

Much of what Jesus taught was under the Old Testament law. Jesus made a new covenant to replace the old with His death and resurrection. Today, we Christians are under that new covenant of love and forgiveness that overcomes the law of sin and death.
The truth shall set you free from the false teachings and temptations of the devil.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Christians, like you, don't know what Jesus taught.

Stop being so sanctimonious, when you're so obviously WRONG. Jesus would be ashamed to have followers like you.
Hindsite wrote:Much of what Jesus taught was under the Old Testament law. Jesus made a new covenant to replace the old with His death and resurrection. Today, we Christians are under that new covenant of love and forgiveness that overcomes the law of sin and death.
The truth shall set you free from the false teachings and temptations of the devil.

I used to speculate that Christianity would have done well to exclude the Old Testament from the Bible and just stick to the New. Islam has sort of done this by not reproducing either, but does tend to rest on them, leaving others to preserve and document them.

It would certainly have produced a purer religion but nowadays I'm thinking that keeping the OT around is not such a bad thing. The contrast between the Old and the New does hint at the possibility of progression, but without making the mistake of ruling upon this which leaves the option of personal choice, an important feature of Christianity.
I used to speculate that Christianity would have done well to exclude the Old Testament from the Bible and just stick to the New. Islam has sort of done this by not reproducing either, but does tend to rest on them, leaving others to preserve and document them.

I agree with this. The message of Christ is confused by trying to make it consistent with the old testament.

It would certainly have produced a purer religion but nowadays I'm thinking that keeping the OT around is not such a bad thing. The contrast between the Old and the New does hint at the possibility of progression, but without making the mistake of ruling upon this which leaves the option of personal choice, an important feature of Christianity.

I believe that the biggest problem with Christianity today is that we act like God is detached from the big picture. We seem to believe that God might not want different solutions to modern problems than he did to problems 2000 years ago. Take gay marriage? Does God hate it now or is it an idea that is just about time? (Admittedly relying on the New Testament as our main but not only source.....) I see little of the judgmental God in Jesus teachings and far more of the loving Father.

Here is the thing. IF we accept that Jesus is one with God, the second person of the Trinity, then we should accept that when we are hearing His words we are hearing from God.

We rely way to much on one verse. "I did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it". This refers to the coming of the Messiah not to the admonition against Sunday traveling.

Organized religion relies on rules to distinguish itself from other organized religions. (Or should I more accurately say sects.) These sects therefor can't be relied upon to be too objective when looking at God's words and their deliberately inclusive language.
I think my Buddhist monk finds me annoying. He can tell that I think I'm enlightened and he doesn't like someone who can discuss Christianity or Taoism as well as he can discuss Buddhism. It's vaguely frustrating for me since I was hoping that Buddhism would fit me better, and perhaps it does, but there are different problem sets.

For me, the people who say they are Christians but don't appreciate the Old Testament were one of the things that made Christianity difficult for me. The bible isn't racist or pro-slavery (or really anti-slavery either) but one thing it definitely is, is that it is classist. Much like western society, once the classism was gone the last threads holding it together were gone and now we have unassimilated foreigners collecting government money while they kill people in the streets and no one may take a stand against it.
Wait wait wait. @Hindsite, You believe that god and Jesus are separate ?
Do you believe that Jesus was the prophet of god as in the Aryan orthodoxy ? Or do you believe in the trinity like western sects ?
Because if you follow Aryan orthodoxy, i tell you now, you have zero understanding of Christianity in view of the sect as its practically the exact opposite of everything 've ever seen you write so far.
This ganging up on Hindsite is lame :lol: I believe the usual articulation is called hypostatic union (I had to look it up) and it states that God and Jesus are simultaneously separate and merged, which is an oxymoron from a materialist perspective but if you are familiar with metaphysics it's a pretty common idea that things are connected in some ways and separate in others.
I did read of it in the past, but his statements seem to indicate that he believes jesus was human and quote "prayed to god". So 'm just wondering if he does believe in the trinity as viewed by western sects, or the trinity as viewed by Aryan (or some write it Arian) orthodoxy, because they're very different.
Because my wife was a Christian and herself and her family followed Aryan orthodoxy or Arianism. And 've seen and read their bible and their practices and principles. If does follow their theological view, then he doesn't understand it at all.
God in three persons. That is the commonly held view of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.

Some see Jesus as an attempt by God to communicate with us in a way that we could understand. A way to be human and accept our sins and forgive our humanness forever. Some would say Jesus is also proof that the distance between God and people, and by extension, between God and any person is not so great. Some say that God coming among us in human form changes the relationship between God and man from one of sympathy to one of empathy.

Take your pick.
anasawad wrote:Wait wait wait. @Hindsite, You believe that god and Jesus are separate ?
Do you believe that Jesus was the prophet of god as in the Aryan orthodoxy ? Or do you believe in the trinity like western sects ?
Because if you follow Aryan orthodoxy, i tell you now, you have zero understanding of Christianity in view of the sect as its practically the exact opposite of everything 've ever seen you write so far.

I don't believe in the Aryan cult, a white racial ideology. You apparently are confusing that with an early Christian sect, called Arianism, which did not believe in the Trinity. That would be the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses of today. I was raised a Baptist, which is a Protestant denomination of Christianity. Therefore, I do believe in the Trinity of God, Who is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Yah (meaning I AM) is His name.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
anasawad wrote:Hmmm, interesting.

For the name, not really, 'm not confusing the name. Its called by many Aryan orthodoxy because Its mainly followed by Aryans (i.e Iranians).

No I am not in to that cult or believe in any other White Racist ideologies.
I am simply a Christian believing in the finished work of Christ, who died for my sins and arose from the dead to return to the Father in Heaven to prepare a place for all those that will put their faith in Him to return as our Savior to judge and deliver us from the second death.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite is merely demonstrating his ignorance about what "Aryan" actually is. Aryan was hijacked by the Nazis to mean something that it was not.

Aryan- relating to or denoting a people speaking an Indo-European language who invaded northern India in the 2nd millennium BC, displacing the Dravidian and other aboriginal peoples.

Do some reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race

A little education is a wonderful thing.
True ^. Even Persia is a name is Greek while the native name for the land is Arya, and its people are called Aryans.
With the change from mid persian language to the new Persian language in the 12-14th century, the spelling changed gradually to Ira, and the people's name to Irans. Then in the modern age, turned further into Iran being the name of the land and Irani the name of the people.
It also happened that the Germans took the name Aryans to describe themselves, and took along with it the Swastika which is originally a spiritual symbol mainly used in Armenia and Elam then by the Hindus in India also as a spiritual symbol.

Fun fact, the Swastika is thought to be first used in ancient Elam when the first cities and clay vessels and statues and carvings were beginning to appear around 8000 BC. Which means its an atleast 10000 years old symbol.

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]