IS DONALD TRUMP CHRISTIAN? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
IS DONALD TRUMP CHRISTIAN?

Steve Cioccolanti gives a counterbalancing viewpoint on the sensational and only negative headlines published by mainstream media against Trump. Few men would give up their comfortable life to be subjected to this torment and abuse, Jesus did, Trump has, and many faithful servants of God are doing so.

My own opinion is that Donald Trump is definitely more Christian than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the Muslim.
Hindsite wrote:IS DONALD TRUMP CHRISTIAN?

Steve Cioccolanti gives a counterbalancing viewpoint on the sensational and only negative headlines published by mainstream media against Trump. Few men would give up their comfortable life to be subjected to this torment and abuse, Jesus did, Trump has, and many faithful servants of God are doing so.

My own opinion is that Donald Trump is definitely more Christian than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the Muslim.

Lol yes. Of course he is. The malignant narcissist totally believes in an entity larger than himself who can judge him.
noir wrote:@Hindsite, the situation in Britain. The British ambassador in Saudi Arabia, Simon Collis, converted to Islam and completed the pilgrimage to Mecca, the hajj. He now calls himself Haji Collis.

Perhaps he thinks this is a way that he can save his head from the Muslim sword.

Jesus said,
"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and for the gospel will save it."
(Mark 8:35)
If Trump is Christian, then all you other Christians are demons. :p

He really knows how to love his enemies. He prefers to hit them first before they slap him and he will not turn the other cheek, not for a second.
MistyTiger wrote:If Trump is Christian, then all you other Christians are demons. :p

He really knows how to love his enemies. He prefers to hit them first before they slap him and he will not turn the other cheek, not for a second.

Jesus has already paid the penalty for sin, once and for all. We do not need another crucifixion.

The time for turning the other cheek is in the past. What we need now is a leader and Commander in Chief, who fights back against the dark demons that cry "death to America" and "allu akbar" when they behead one of our Christian brothers. The Trump of God sounds the warning.
Jesus was gay and also black fyi.

How many dudes in Arab land only choose to hang out with other dudes and don't try to fuck the prostitutes they preach to? Jesus was gay. Like, super gay.

Like lol "just seal me in this cave with John the Baptist and DO NOT COME BACK FOR THREE DAYS. No matter how loud I shout DO NOT roll back the boulder, nothing gay going on in this cave."
Trump is the example of the regular modern American Capitalist Christian. He's a total hypocrite. He's been married a few times. He cheated on every one of his wives. He hates immigrants, and gives nothing to the poor, unless there's something in it for him.

Hindsite wrote:Jesus has already paid the penalty for sin, once and for all. We do not need another crucifixion.
:roll: You worship Trump like he's your lover, or own personal god. It's disgusting. I hope you gargle afterwards.
Hindsite wrote:Jesus has already paid the penalty for sin, once and for all. We do not need another crucifixion.

So, if the penalty has been paid, are we thus free to sin without further penalty?
Yep, it's a Christian orgy of fucking and killing, because Jesus got nailed 2000 years ago.
Besoeker wrote:So, if the penalty has been paid, are we thus free to sin without further penalty?

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

(Romans 6:1-15 NASB)

The time for turning the other cheek is in the past. What we need now is a leader and Commander in Chief, who fights back against the dark demons that cry "death to America" and "allu akbar" when they behead one of our Christian brothers. The Trump of God sounds the warning.

How convenient for you Christians to follow only the parts in the Bible that you want to follow. You are not supposed to pick and choose like you are picking out all the radishes out of your salad.

Jesus "died for our sins" milennia ago, I am pretty sure that the world cleansing only lasted back then. So since then, people have paid penalties for their own sins. I believe in consequences. If I were still Christian I would be continually asking for forgiveness. People sin all the time.

Trump is not a savior at all, sorry to break it to you. He only wants to be the top leader of the US, to be in history books, to be remembered as something more than an angry grouch who screamed "you're fired!". His reasons for being the POTUS are selfish, vain and egotistic. The "fake media", which is just about every media source, has repeatedly shown that Trump is a true liar and not trustworthy, not to mention out of touch with reality.

The time for turning the other cheek is never over. Violence never ends if we keep on hitting back over and over. Someone has to stop but no one wants to.
Hindsite wrote:IS DONALD TRUMP CHRISTIAN?

Donald Trump is a thrice-married serial adulterer who cannot quote a single verse from the Bible, and does not know the difference between the Old and New Testaments. He also loves gaudy gold shit more than life itself - gaudy gold shit he has obtained through a lifetime of screwing over business associates, contractors, and customers.

What do you think, Hindsite? Does that sound "Christian" to you? :lol:
I'm still lolling about the time Trump went to Bob Jones University and called it "three Corinthians." Like, the guy is such a massive idiot I'm surprised he didn't reflexively add, "walk into a bar" after that.

Decky wrote:Did he spit gum?

Yeah I got him real good.
Hindsite wrote:What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.

For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

(Romans 6:1-15 NASB)

I'm not suggesting for a moment that we should sin. But doesn't your statement about the penalty having paid suggest, or actually state, that no further penalty is to incurred?

Please try to be direct and succint.
Besoeker wrote:I'm not suggesting for a moment that we should sin. But doesn't your statement about the penalty having paid suggest, or actually state, that no further penalty is to incurred?

Please try to be direct and succint.

I quoted the Apostle Paul on that very subject in my post above. Can't you understand what he said? It seems very clear and simple to me.
Once we accept God's grace of salvation by believing on His Son having cleansed believers of their sins with His own blood that He shed for all believers by giving up His own physical life on the cross of crucifixion, we must refrain from sinning again.

The only penalty that Christ paid for is the penalty of the second death in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone. Christ's death does not pay for any other penalty that you may receive on earth or in Heaven. There will be a judgment in Heaven in which you must account for what you have done while in your physical body while on this earth.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad.
(2 Corinthians 5:10)

Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(1 Corinthians 3:13 – 15)

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
(Revelation 20:11 – 12)

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(Revelation 20:15)

I hope you understand that the first death only destroys our physical body, but the second death destroys our resurrected body and soul.

Jesus said, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
(Matthew 10:28)

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)
There is a necessary humility in being a Christian, as described in Paul's analysis of the human condition (reflected in his own behavior): "For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it." So there is a critical difference between, on one hand, having the desire to do good and failing, and on the other, completely lacking the desire to do good. God will forgive us, but we have to first have the intent. I can't judge Trump's interior state, but his behavior does not show any desire to do good.

That is just one part of the argument. The other part is the 'Trump of God' notion Hindsite is pushing. I take it he means that a bad person can be an instrument of good by fulfilling God's plan. This may be true, but it doesn't make the person good and it doesn't make them a Christian - it only makes him a tool. Neither I nor Hindsite are in a position to second-guess God's plan with regard to Trump. Objectively, we can only say he does not behave as though the spirit of God is moving through him.
When one first becomes a Christian, he/she is like a baby in Christ. I see Trump as an immature Christian that God is using for a purpose. Trump is giving up a lot to undergo all this abuse. He is already a billionaire and has a wonderful family. He had a hit TV show and at 70 years of age, it seems that he would be content to just relax and rake in the millions from his brand and business empire every year. However, it seems he has been called to a higher purpose. I believe it is all in his slogan -Make America Great Again, Greater Than Ever Before.

Yes, he was a different kind of candidate that defied the odds. He has the ability to easily make liberals go crazy. They can't understand how anyone could vote for him. To many he is all that we should not want in a President. Yet, by the grace of God, he is the President of the United States of America, the home of what some call God's country in the west.

Trump claims he would be "the greatest jobs president God ever created."

Trump also said, "I will be the greatest representative of the Christians they've had in a long time."

Trump says he's Presbyterian and previously attended services with the Reformed Church of America denomination.

Trump says he is a believer and says he goes to church on Sunday when he can and always on Christmas, Easter, and on special occasions.

I believe in God. I am Christian. I think The Bible is certainly, it is THE book. It is the thing," Trump told Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody.

In the six-minute interview clip, which will air nationwide Tuesday at 10 a.m. on "The 700 Club," Trump shared that he used to attend First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica Queens.

"I'm a Protestant, I'm a Presbyterian. And you know I've had a good relationship with the church over the years. I think religion is a wonderful thing. I think my religion is a wonderful religion.”

The Manhattan business mogul has recently given a number of interviews since piquing interest in a 2012 presidential bid during an appearance at the 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference in February. At the event in Washington D.C., Trump said he would announce his intent in June.

Trump's interview with CBN could indicate his attempt to woo evangelical voters.

Observed Brody on his blog, "Trump is seriously considering running for president and he'll need Evangelical votes in the GOP primaries if he's going to be successful."

In other television appearances, Trump has taken conservative positions on social issues, stating that he is against gay marriage and civil unions and is pro-life.

When asked by Brody where he stores all the Bibles people send to him, Trump said that he keeps them in a "very nice place" since his Manhattan location doesn't allow him to keep all the mail he receives.

"There's no way I would ever throw anything, to do anything negative to a Bible, so what we do is we keep all of the Bibles," said Trump. "I would have a fear of doing something other than very positive so actually I store them and keep them and sometimes give them away to other people."

As for church attendance, the host of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" indicated that he makes an effort.

”Well, I go as much as I can. Always on Christmas. Always on Easter. Always when there's a major occasion. And during the Sundays. I'm a Sunday church person. I'll go when I can.”

http://www.christianpost.com/news/donal ... son-49797/

I am very confident that Trump is not a Muslim and that is a big plus on my score card.

What exactly is wrong? We know how many rockets w[…]

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]