Amazing Proof That God Exists - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Amazing Proof That God Exists

In this video you will find that many divisions in science from astronomy to microbiology combined give evidence that prove that a creator God must exist to account for it all. Chance happenings just don't add up to what the atheists want people to believe.

Hindsite wrote:Amazing Proof That God Exists

"The universe is finely tuned for life"
Shot in foot comes to mind.
Life on Neptune at -200C? Don't think so.
And what about the vast empty spaces in space (i.e almost all of the universe) which are not finely tuned for life?

Amazing it might be. Proof it is not.
Besoeker wrote:"The universe is finely tuned for life"
Shot in foot comes to mind.
Life on Neptune at -200C? Don't think so.
And what about the vast empty spaces in space (i.e almost all of the universe) which are not finely tuned for life?

Amazing it might be. Proof it is not.

Physical life is concentrated on the planet Earth, not Neptune. The idea is that all the factors around the Earth are necessary to insure that the conditions for physical life are correct here on planet Earth, and not on the Sun or the moon or any other planet or moon in the solar system. The planet Earth is the only planet that is in just the right spot in the universe for physical life, as we know it, to exist. The Earth is also finely tuned for physical life, which is abundantly clear.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:Physical life is concentrated on the planet Earth, not Neptune. The idea is that all the factors around the Earth are necessary to insure that the conditions for physical life are correct here on planet Earth, and not on the Sun or the moon or any other planet or moon in the solar system. The planet Earth is the only planet that is in just the right spot in the universe for physical life, as we know it, to exist. The Earth is also finely tuned for physical life, which is abundantly clear.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

<<< The planet Earth is the only planet that is in just the right spot in the universe for physical life, as we know it, to exist. >>>

Come on now, the chances of us finding life on other planets is 100%. It's not even a debatable point.

Will it be life as we know it? Of course not, because it will have evolved differently. However in my opinion, life on other planets, based on the age of the life will have more similarities than differences to life on earth. For example the highly evolved species having two eyes. Even dinosaurs had two eyes...which is proof that is the most successful physical model for an advanced intelligent animal. I doubt if different environmental factors on other planets capable of sustaining life would change that. But in any event, it sure will be most interesting to find out.
The planet Earth is the only planet that is in just the right spot in the universe for physical life, as we know it, to exist.

Nonsense. Life as we know it could exist on any planet in our solar system and on countless planets, asteroids, planetoids, moons, in the universe. Here is absolute proof that life can exist somewhere other than earth.

Drlee wrote:Nonsense. Life as we know it could exist on any planet in our solar system and on countless planets, asteroids, planetoids, moons, in the universe. Here is absolute proof that life can exist somewhere other than earth.

It's even been argued that life on earth may have first came here from an asteroid. I disagree with that because in my view, any life on that asteroid would have likely perished in the crash, but it's an interesting premise.

I think that our life on earth started here and evolved right here on its very own. It's still going on in my opinion. Likely new life is still be formed. We just don't notice it because of the tiny microscopic size that could be anywhere, likely close to a high heat and water source such as a submarine volcano.
I am sure that those that believe in the false theory of evolution would most likely believe that life is evolving everywhere in the universe. However, there is no evidence and certainly no proof of such a thing. In my opinion, there is 0% chance of finding any form of life arising outside of the planet Earth because God created it alone to support physical life.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... ly-thought

Excerpt from the article:

One of the most fundamental questions in astronomy is that of just how many galaxies the universe contains. The landmark Hubble Deep Field, taken in the mid-1990s, gave the first real insight into the universe's galaxy population. Subsequent sensitive observations such as Hubble's Ultra Deep Field revealed a myriad of faint galaxies. This led to an estimate that the observable universe contained about 200 billion galaxies.

The new research shows that this estimate is at least 10 times too low.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, but with this many galaxies, let alone the stars, let alone the planets, it is an impossibility that life doesn't exist on other planets. The universe is without question, teeming with life.

We are so much in the basic infancy of learning about our universe. The discoveries made about the universe in the future will be so remarkable, we can't even imagine it right now...and that may be the easiest call of any about predictions for the future...don't need no Nostradamus for that one. :)
Hindsite wrote:Physical life is concentrated on the planet Earth, not Neptune. The idea is that all the factors around the Earth are necessary to insure that the conditions for physical life are correct here on planet Earth, and not on the Sun or the moon or any other planet or moon in the solar system. The planet Earth is the only planet that is in just the right spot in the universe for physical life, as we know it, to exist. The Earth is also finely tuned for physical life, which is abundantly clear.

That completely misses the point.
From your video "The universe is just tight for life."
Note that. The universe. Not just the 3rd rock from the sun with its special attributes the guy in the video waxed lyrical about.
It ignores the fact that the universe is mostly empty space not conducive to life at all.

Please understand that I am not precluding the possible existence of life on some planets in the millions of far flung galaxies. Specific planets, not the universe as a whole.
Drlee wrote:Nonsense. Life as we know it could exist on any planet in our solar system and on countless planets, asteroids, planetoids, moons, in the universe. Here is absolute proof that life can exist somewhere other than earth.

For very brief periods. But not sustain it.
stephen50right wrote:https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/hubble-reveals-observable-universe-contains-10-times-more-galaxies-than-previously-thought

Excerpt from the article:

One of the most fundamental questions in astronomy is that of just how many galaxies the universe contains. The landmark Hubble Deep Field, taken in the mid-1990s, gave the first real insight into the universe's galaxy population. Subsequent sensitive observations such as Hubble's Ultra Deep Field revealed a myriad of faint galaxies. This led to an estimate that the observable universe contained about 200 billion galaxies.

The new research shows that this estimate is at least 10 times too low.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, but with this many galaxies, let alone the stars, let alone the planets, it is an impossibility that life doesn't exist on other planets. The universe is without question, teeming with life.

We are so much in the basic infancy of learning about our universe. The discoveries made about the universe in the future will be so remarkable, we can't even imagine it right now...and that may be the easiest call of any about predictions for the future...don't need no Nostradamus for that one. :)

Neither you are your children will see anyone discover evolution of life on this planet or anywhere else, because all life comes from God.
Besoeker wrote:That completely misses the point.
From your video "The universe is just tight for life."
Note that. The universe. Not just the 3rd rock from the sun with its special attributes the guy in the video waxed lyrical about.
It ignores the fact that the universe is mostly empty space not conducive to life at all.

Please understand that I am not precluding the possible existence of life on some planets in the millions of far flung galaxies. Specific planets, not the universe as a whole.

I agree with you that not all of the universe is suited for life. However, I don't believe the fine tuning aspect of the universe was meant to imply that all parts of the universe was suited for life.
Hindsite wrote:Neither you are your children will see anyone discover evolution of life on this planet or anywhere else, because all life comes from God.

You don't know that. Yet you state it as fact.

Hindsite wrote:I agree with you that not all of the universe is suited for life. However, I don't believe the fine tuning aspect of the universe was meant to imply that all parts of the universe was suited for life.

But that's what your "proof" video asserts.
"The universe is just right for life."
No qualification that it could be just some parts parts of the universe. Just the universe. Everything.

Don't you see that that alone blows the credibility of the article out of the water?
Besoeker wrote:You don't know that. Yet you state it as fact.

But that's what your "proof" video asserts.
"The universe is just right for life."
No qualification that it could be just some parts parts of the universe. Just the universe. Everything.

Don't you see that that alone blows the credibility of the article out of the water?

It is not reasonable that you think you know the content of two videos based on one sentence. If you watch both videos, you should see there are many qualifications for life in the universe and earth is the only place that fits all those qualifications. If you can't see it, then that's on you.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Last edited by Hindsite on 13 Apr 2017 02:05, edited 2 times in total.
For very brief periods. But not sustain it.

We have the technology to sustain very long term and even permanent colonies in space. We simply lack the will.
Drlee wrote:We have the technology to sustain very long term and even permanent colonies in space. We simply lack the will.

I think that you are being deliberately obtuse.
Who is the "we" in the we have the technology ?
"WE" are the technologically advanced people of the world.

Go back and read the statement I was responding to before you knee-jerk argue with me.
Hindsite wrote:It is not reasonable that you think you know the content of two videos based on one sentence. If you watch both videos, you should see there are many qualifications for life in the universe and earth is the only place that fits all those qualifications.

Yet again, you state that as fact. But you can't possibly know that to be a fact.One of the points made was how the Hubble Space Telescope has shown us the vast number of galaxies there are and that's just those that have been observed. Neither you nor I know how many planets there are with earth like properties that could sustain earth like life. Or those that can sustain life that doesn't require earth like properties. We/you just don't know.

Please take a moment to reflect on that.
If you have a point make it.

Don't waste my time. What is it that I have said with which you take exception?

No doubt you do not think the technologically advanced people of the world could begin to colonize space. You are wrong. We could do it with current technology.

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]