Creation in 6 days or Evolution over billions of years - Page 30 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Nope, not the pope.

Christ.

"The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to listen to Solomon's wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here."

Matt 12:42 KJV

The Queen of Sheba didn't convert to Judaism.

:)
@ingliz
The Christian Church mainly Catholic church constantly states that the only way to heaven is through Jesus. Siting this verse;
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Along with others.

Not all Christian sects believe that non-Christians can go to heaven. And the Vatican has on multiple times ruled that only the followers of Jesus are saved.
They also keep siting a verse, not sure the literal scripture but 'll look it up, that basically says that all mankind has sinned and can only be saved if they repented and followed Jesus, noting that there are no other ways at all to be saved other than through Jesus.

Now, back to Last Week Tonight. :p
Not all Christian sects believe that non-Christians can go to heaven.

Christ believed it.

If the Queen of Sheba isn't one of the chosen, why is she sitting on His footstool, at his feet, condemning the unrighteous?

;)

Reason for edits: Capitalising 'h' to please Hindsite and changing the quote to something more appropriate.
Last edited by ingliz on 10 May 2017 08:59, edited 4 times in total.
@ingliz

It is important to keep in mind that Christianity, unlike Islam or Zoroastrianism or other religions, has a pope.

Stories in the bible are not rules, rather rules are changeable. What was in the faith does not necessarily mean it remains in the faith.
That can be seen in the countless times where the Church has changed laws and rules in the faith and set it to be true.

That is why this;
Not all Christian sects believe that non-Christians can go to heaven.

Is the reality.
anasawad wrote:@MememyselfandIJK
Nope, not the pope.
Only Aryan Christians and Zaidi Muslims (And Zoroastrians) have the doctrine that people outside their faith could go to heaven if god judged them to be good people and deserve heaven.

Fair enough, I not familiar with modern Catholicism.
Besoeker wrote:#14802871
“And I have also given reference to the scientific proof of the Shroud of Turin “
Your words.

And apparently you did not pay attention to all of it. So again I say revistit all my posts for the answers to your questions.
MememyselfandIJK wrote:Well then since hell doesn't exist, I guess I'll just move on.

The following is the scripture prophecy that covers that:

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(Revelation 20:14 KJV)

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:And apparently you did not pay attention to all of it. So again I say revistit all my posts for the answers to your questions.

I wasted half an hour or more of my life watching it. I certainly isn't proof that your god exists.
Please understand that I don't mind what you choose to believe. But also understand that is belief and no more than belief.
Is the reality.

Not for Hindsite! To him every word of the Bible must be taken literally and every word is true.

Hindsite wrote:Holy men of God were inspired to write it down. So it is all a true account even with the lies of man and Satan included

Besoeker wrote:I wasted half an hour or more of my life watching it. I certainly isn't proof that your god exists.
Please understand that I don't mind what you choose to believe. But also understand that is belief and no more than belief.

Okay, if that is what you believe, then we have nothing more to discuss on this subject. Bye.
Hindsite wrote:The following is the scripture prophecy that covers that:

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(Revelation 20:14 KJV)

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

But lakes of fire are cool!! :lol:

In the end, why ruin this life preparing for a next one if the evidence that it exists is nonexistent.
ingliz wrote:Christ.

"The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to listen to Solomon's wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here."

Matt 12:42 KJV

The Queen of Sheba didn't convert to Judaism.

You are apparently missing the point. Jesus is telling the Pharisees that the Queen traveled a great distance to visit Solomon before she believed. Yet Jesus, who is greater than Solomon, came to the Pharisees that are now rejecting Him. So Jesus is telling the Pharisees that the Queen will rise up with their generation to condemn them at the judgment for not believing.

The account of the Queen of Sheba visiting Solomon can be found in 1 Kings 10:1-15 and 2 Chronicles 9:1-12.
Hindsite wrote:before she believed

The point is she didn't believe! In Hebrew sources, she remained true to her own gods and goddesses.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you dumping the Bible - there are numerous Arabic texts that tell of Solomon and Sheba. In Ethiopian and Arabic sources, she converted.....eventually to Islam - but its a bit difficult to argue the Bible is God's perfect creation if you do.

ingliz wrote:The point is she didn't believe! In Hebrew sources, she remained true to her own gods and goddesses.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you dumping the Bible - there are numerous Arabic texts that tell of Solomon and Sheba. In Ethiopian and Arabic sources, she converted.....eventually to Islam - but its a bit difficult to argue the Bible is God's perfect creation if you do.

You can't believe all Arabic and Islamic sources because many are inspired works of Satan the devil.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
ingliz wrote:So, you believe (as Christ believed, Matt 12:42 KJV) in salvation by works alone?

:lol:

Christ did not believe in salvation by works alone. He constantly informed all that He preached to that they would not be able to gain salvation by their own works alone and therefore they must believe on the one and only begotten Son of God for their salvation (John 3:16).

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by Me.
(John 14:6)

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]