How BIG Is God? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Godstud
[Zag Edit: Rule 2]
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:FUCK... OFF.
Just because you believe in something(your god), does not mean that there are rational, and reasonable people who also think that. You saying otherwise is the epitome of arrogance, and ignorance. It's also detestable.

To know the truth will set you free from the false belief in the theory of evilution, billions of years of earth's history, and all other doctrines of Satan the devil and his demons.

Jesus said, "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
(John 8:32)

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
By Hindsite
MistyTiger wrote:God is as BIG as your head. :p

There, I answered the bloody question!!! :D

I enjoy answering vague questions with stupid answers. :lol:

That was a stupid answer alright.
However, the question was not vague at all.
By MistyTiger
Hindsite wrote:That was a stupid answer alright.
However, the question was not vague at all.

It is vague because no one really knows how much space he would take up if he were ever in a room, if he had substance and we could actually see him and touch him. Is he as big as the sky or as big as a Jumbo jet? No one really knows.
By Hindsite
MistyTiger wrote:It is vague because no one really knows how much space he would take up if he were ever in a room, if he had substance and we could actually see him and touch him. Is he as big as the sky or as big as a Jumbo jet? No one really knows.

If you had paid attention to the original post you would know the answer, because the answer was clearly revealed.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
By Godstud
More fucking lies, as usual. Christians are full of lies and deceptions. As long as you lie in the name of god, however, it's OK.

:moron: :moron: :moron:
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:More fucking lies, as usual. Christians are full of lies and deceptions. As long as you lie in the name of god, however, it's OK.

You devils with EVILution and billions of years of past history of earth are the ones lying and you know it. You devils have no logical explanation for the origin of life. Only creation by God can account for it all.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
By Rich
Hindsite wrote:Deep down everyone believes in the existence of God, but they are unbelievers in the sense that they will not believe, repent, and put their trust in Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, to save their souls from the punishment of the second death.

The question is not whether one believes in God, but whether one believes in your fantasy Jewish God? The Muslims believe in a fantasy Arab God. Rome was a great Empire, the western Empire collapsed and entered a dark age after they started worshipping the Jewish God. It was only when Christianity began its slow collapse, initially with the Lollards, the Hussites and Humanism that Europe became great.

It was only when leading Jewish intellectuals and nationalists stopped believing in their silly Iron age fantasy's that Israel regained their independence. The great conquests of the Arabs were before Islam had been manufactured.
By Heisenberg
The OP wrote:How BIG is God

Really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really big. Imagine the biggest thing you can - say, an oak tree - and then multiply it by like a million billion billion. God's even bigger than that. :eek:
By Decky
Could God build a wall that was so high he couldn't pole vault it?
Last edited by Decky on 19 Apr 2017 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
By Heisenberg
After years of taking the "Lol, I'm God so I'll just step over it" approach, God's pole vaulting technique leaves a lot to be desired. He's not even the world record holder any more.
By Besoeker
Hindsite wrote:You devils with EVILution and billions of years of past history of earth are the ones lying and you know it. You devils have no logical explanation for the origin of life. Only creation by God can account for it all.

Then he must have made a pretty poor fist of it.
By Vlerchan
God is a non-physical entity and thus can't have a size as we would comprehend it. (He's also infinite).

Question is heretical.

---

I realize that this isn't quite the subforum, but there are also multiple issues with the second video, which professes to contain a proof of god. The central one relates to off-hand dismissal of the idea that everything could come from nothing.

1. There is no reason to presume that everything can't come from nothing. If we are referring to true nothingness then we are referring to a situation where our laws of logical deduction and induction cannot be applied. Conditional on this, attempting to frame a logical argument with regards to nothingness is, itself, illogical.
2. The pronouncement that everything can't come from nothing is based on an observation of events (objects) inside our universe (a set). There is no reason that the set need possess the same characteristic as our universe. Thus his attempts to generalize the characteristics of objects to their set is illogical.

Being as the rest of the argument is predicated on this dismissal, which is illogical, the rest of his argument fails to hold.
By Besoeker
Vlerchan wrote:God is a non-physical entity and thus can't have a size as we would comprehend it. (He's also infinite).

Question is heretical.

---

I realize that this isn't quite the subforum, but there are also multiple issues with the second video, which professes to contain a proof of god. The central one relates to off-hand dismissal of the idea that everything could come from nothing.

1. There is no reason to presume that everything can't come from nothing. If we are referring to true nothingness then we are referring to a situation where our laws of logical deduction and induction cannot be applied. Conditional on this, attempting to frame a logical argument with regards to nothingness is, itself, illogical.
2. The pronouncement that everything can't come from nothing is based on an observation of events (objects) inside our universe (a set). There is no reason that the set need possess the same characteristic as our universe. Thus his attempts to generalize the characteristics of objects to their set is illogical.

Being as the rest of the argument is predicated on this dismissal, which is illogical, the rest of his argument fails to hold.

The "something from nothing" argument gets trotted out all the time.
I've seen this rebuttal. It isn't something from nothing. It's nothing from nothing. The sum of all the energy in the universe, negative and positive, it equates to zero. And, per Einstein, energy and mass are interchangeable.

I don't remember where the net zero came from, maybe Stephen Hawking's popular book, so I can't vouch for its validity but it sounds plausible if you accept e=mc^2.
By Hindsite
Rich wrote:The question is not whether one believes in God, but whether one believes in your fantasy Jewish God?

I am not Jewish. I believe in my Christian God.
Heisenberg wrote:Really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really big. Imagine the biggest thing you can - say, an oak tree - and then multiply it by like a million billion billion. God's even bigger than that. :eek:

In other words, God is infinitely BIG. Correct.
Vlerchan wrote:God is a non-physical entity and thus can't have a size as we would comprehend it. (He's also infinite).

Infinitely BIG is a size. The rest of your statements are nonsense gobbledygook.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
By Vlerchan
Hindsite wrote:Infinitely BIG is a size.

1. It's not. Infinity isn't a measure, it's a concept.
2. Ascribing a size to a non-physical entity is nonsensical, regardless.

Hindsite wrote:The rest of your statements are nonsense gobbledygook.

I nevertheless appreciate your considerate and well-informed rebuttal.

:)
By Hindsite
Besoeker wrote:Nope.
It is indeterminate.

Okay, I will go with infinite is bigger than any size.

Praise the Lord.
HalleluYah

What Russia needs is people with skills and educa[…]

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]