Question about Islam - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Hindsite wrote:The main point was that Muhammad resumed this heresy and extended it through Saudi Arabia.

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one" - Old Testament/Deuteronomy 6:4

It looks like what you call Arianism or Islam is in accord with the Old Testament on the topic of God's singularity.

As the Old Testament ought to be older than the New Testament, it seems to me that obvious heresy before our eyes is Christianity itself. :knife:
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:Who's desire is to genocide God's chosen people.

Perhaps it were better you should condemn both for their sins, if you are planning on receiving God's mercy.

:)

I have already received God's mercy. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.
By ingliz
You testify against yourself.

:|
By Hindsite
Vanasalus wrote:"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one" - Old Testament/Deuteronomy 6:4

It looks like what you call Arianism or Islam is in accord with the Old Testament on the topic of God's singularity.

As the Old Testament ought to be older than the New Testament, it seems to me that obvious heresy before our eyes is Christianity itself. :knife:

It may seem that way if one thinks simply. However, God is not simple. God made man in His own image, consisting of body, soul, and spirit.

Orthodox Christianity acknowledges that God is One, but not a simple one. God is also a Trinity. That is, God is One in three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is One in Unity.

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:18-19 NIV)

The Holy Bible contains clear statements regarding diversity within that unity. For instance, in the very first verse of the Bible we are told that "In the beginning God." The Hebrew word for God is elohim, which is actually a plural form of the word el. It's a word that in other contexts is sometimes translated as "gods," referring to heathen deities. Later in the same chapter we have one of the most striking statements of diversity-in-unity:

Then God said, ‘‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:26-27)

Notice the shift in pronouns. "Let us … in our image … So God created man in his own image. … he created him." From us and our to he. Why the shift?

Consider further this line of evidence. All Three Persons are called God in different places in the Bible.

Father — Galatians 1:1

Son — John 20:28

Spirit — Acts 5:3-4

See more explanations at the following link:

http://www.christianity.com/god/trinity ... 34405.html

ingliz wrote:You testify against yourself.

:|

However, my spirit along with the Holy Spirit testifies for me.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
(Romans 8:16 NKJV)

Praise the Lord.
By ingliz
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
(Romans 8:16 NKJV)

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Matthew 7:21

:roll:
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Matthew 7:21

:roll:

I am doing His will right now, by informing you about the teachings of His Son. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.
By ingliz
I am doing His will right now, by informing you about the teachings of His Son. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.

Jesus taught you to gas the Jews and drag an African-American behind a pickup truck?

A snippet from the 'Nazi' thread:

Skinster wrote:You can try to spin what happened like a nazi-sympathizer...

Your reply...

Hindsite wrote:That's the way I spin it.

:(
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:Jesus taught you to gas the Jews and drag an African-American behind a pickup truck?

A snippet from the 'Nazi' thread:
Your reply...
:(

No, that is not what I meant. That's funny thought, ha ha. :lol:
Hindsite wrote:It may seem that way if one thinks simply. However, God is not simple. God made man in His own image, consisting of body, soul, and spirit.

Orthodox Christianity acknowledges that God is One, but not a simple one. God is also a Trinity. That is, God is One in three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is One in Unity.

Though I am far from being an expert, I am sort of informed about differences of perception of Trinity among various denominations of Christianity. I very well remember how painful to read about the issue and decipher its meaning.

Call me a cynic, but at the end, they all sounded like ridiculous attempts to fit this obviously polytheistic/pagan notion of multiple Gods, which was injected into Christian creed in Council of Nicaea out of the political needs of the Roman Empire, into a frame of a monotheistic religion.

Hindsite wrote:Then God said, ‘‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:26-27)

Well, this notion of people being created in the image of God is also a strict no-no in Islam.

"Say: Allah is the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none equal or comparable unto Him"
Ikhlas 112/1-4

Hindsite wrote:Notice the shift in pronouns. "Let us … in our image … So God created man in his own image. … he created him." From us and our to he. Why the shift?

Because of linguistics...

In the East and probably in most of the West, a person like a king, a queen, a sultan or a pope refer himself/herself as "We", because using plural "we" instead of singular "I" emphasizes the exalted position of the person.

In Islam, God's singularity is a strict concept. Yet, in Quran, God always refers himself as "we", never as "I".

Example:

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. -Hujurat 49:13
By Hindsite
Vanasalus wrote:Though I am far from being an expert, I am sort of informed about differences of perception of Trinity among various denominations of Christianity. I very well remember how painful to read about the issue and decipher its meaning.

Call me a cynic, but at the end, they all sounded like ridiculous attempts to fit this obviously polytheistic/pagan notion of multiple Gods, which was injected into Christian creed in Council of Nicaea out of the political needs of the Roman Empire, into a frame of a monotheistic religion.

Well, this notion of people being created in the image of God is also a strict no-no in Islam.

"Say: Allah is the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none equal or comparable unto Him"
Ikhlas 112/1-4

Because of linguistics...

In the East and probably in most of the West, a person like a king, a queen, a sultan or a pope refer himself/herself as "We", because using plural "we" instead of singular "I" emphasizes the exalted position of the person.

In Islam, God's singularity is a strict concept. Yet, in Quran, God always refers himself as "we", never as "I".

Example:

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. -Hujurat 49:13

I know of the 'We' of majesty of kings and rulers of this world. But what is written in Genesis is not that. But Genesis does not teach of 3 gods, but it teaches if One God, in three persons of unlimited being. A name God gave Himself, Yah, translated 'I AM' speaks of His eternal being.

One big problem with false prophets, like Muhammad, is that he tries to limit God and put him in a box of his own understanding. But God created all matter in the universe and has the power to do as He pleases. He blesses who He wills, and curses who He wills. God can also beget, if he pleases.

Jesus and His apostles warned of the false prophets and teachers, like Mohammad that would come among us to lead us astray. The Apostle John and Paul gave clues as to how to know false teachings.

Knowing False Religions and False Teaching

The Bible shows us ways to identify false religions and false teaching. This video looks at scripture to learn about some characteristics that allow us to identify a false religion.

Muhammad claimed that Jewish and Christian scriptures had predicted his coming (see, e.g., Qur’an 7:157). This has led Muslim apologists to comb the Old and New Testaments in search of passages that refer to their prophet. While all biblical evidence offered by Muslims in support of their prophet appears horribly strained to non-Muslims (provided the latter read the passages in context) and has been thoroughly refuted time and again, it is still common to hear Muslims claim that the Bible speaks about Muhammad.

The most popular "prophecy" about Muhammad is found in Deuteronomy 18. It is quite ironic, then, to learn that, according to Deuteronomy 18, Muhammad can’t possibly be a prophet. As we will see, this puts Muslims in an awkward position, and helps show the lengths to which they will go in their efforts to defend their prophet.

The purpose of this essay is to prove, based on Muslim claims (including their appeal to Deuteronomy 18), that Muhammad was a false prophet. I will begin by presenting two arguments against the prophet-hood of Muhammad, and I will follow this by carefully defending the arguments. Once I have shown that the arguments are sound, I will briefly discuss the options available to Muslims who want to reject the obvious conclusion.
See the following link:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... ctions.htm

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]