Question about Islam - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By bigbeard
I always consider myself a person of truth and compromise...i am willing to bend what i believe is true due to the possibility of my belief not being a valid truth. I did not grow up in a religious family, but did begin practicing islam a few years ago. in the early stages i was extremely devout, and then as i began learning more, i started having many issues with what i was reading (things i won't repeat here, and they are all spoken about).

Since then, i go through a roller coaster ride of faith, where at one point i am praying and reading quran, to other times where i question the existence of a god. One aspect of islam that keeps bringing me back is that, ignoring some issues, it can be a very good system of life. a lot of the problems we have in the world today can be wiped out - so it is not a totally bad thing, and is probably the best choice out of all existing religions.

Personally, what i found is that any of these common issues people find in islam can be explained in one way or another, regardless of one accepting such an explanation.
However, there is this one issue, which i have never received a fitting explanation for. If religion is from God, then it must be perfect, so there must not be any fallacies in it.
The problem is this: prayer and fasting in areas on this planet where such procedures are not possible due to the the length of a day or night (which can be months). This is also compounded by the problem of people orbiting in space, or even possibly people on another planet.

A religion that is complete and infallible should not have these issues, and should not have designed prayer and fasting on a system that cannot be translated to all experiences in life. An all knowing God would have known these situations will arise, and a religion that is complete, until the end of time, should have designed protocols differently, or created the Earth to be flat, with a barrier in the sky that we cannot pass. Why create conditions that are not applicable to all people, for all of time? Why modify a self-proclaimed finalized and perfect religion? Doing such defeats the basic philosophy of Islam.

All i want now is to hear other peoples' opinion on this issue, and evidence from both sides.
By anasawad
@bigbeard
You would find the solution to this "problem" if you read the hadith, and from the direct explanations and recordings of Al-Sahaba, the prophet's companions.
It actually tells you exactly how to spread the prayers and the timing of fasting in conditions where its either always night or always day. Or how to pray in time where you cant tell the direction to the Kaba. Along with many things.
Biggest example from the Hadith is when describing the prayers and fasting in times of the Anti-Christ.
The topic is touched upon in a group of Hadiths recorded by Amro Ben Al-A'as who was a companion of the prophet. And those hadiths were all further explained by following Imams.
By anasawad
@bigbeard
You speak Arabic or Persian ?

In short, if you don't know the Qebla, you pray towards any direction regardless.
If you cant tell the times, you can pray and fast depending on the hour not the sun or moon movement.
That is you do it either based on the timings of Mekka or the closest area to you where the times are more aparent.
Thats how the prayer times are set near the poles or anywhere where the timing could not be told based on the sun or moon.
This is based on several hadiths mainly mentioned by Amro ben Al-A'as, with the main one being the one mentioning the times of Al-Dajjal (the anti-christ) where it is mentioned there will be 40 days in which the first is as long as a year, the second as a month and the third as a week with the rest as normal days.
The day here is the translation of the word (yawm) which does not refer to 24 hours days as people assume but rather the rising and setting of the sun. Meaning that in this day, the time between the rise of the sun, its setting and rising again is an entire year.
The prayer times in this day are stated straight forward by the prophet being set based on the normal times in a normal day where the day equals the night. (i.e you set it based on hours count not on the sun or the moon)
Shouldn't this be in the 'political/ideology/legal' categories, rather than 'spiritual'? I mean, it's not like this religion actually concerns itself with spiritual well-being of its followers or anything. :excited:
Oxymandias wrote:@The Sabbaticus

Have you not read the Quran at all? Or do you get most of your information from validating news articles which enforce your own ignorance?

Most people have read the Quran. Half of it was plagiarized from the bible and the other half can be gleaned from reading a butcher's manual.
@The Sabbaticus

And I guess you haven't read the Quran. If you actually read the fucking thing, you would know that although it shares many of the beliefs of the bible, it is very different in the stories, writing style, and things it says about the prophets to be anything plagiarized from the Bible. It even has different stories.

Of course you wouldn't know this since you haven't even read the Quran, you're just concerned with validating your own political beliefs through made-up fantasy and assumptions.
By Hindsite
Islam was not founded by Muhammad, it was founded by a 4th century heretic named Arius, the founder of Arianism, a heresy that denied the divinity of Christ. Muhammad really resumed this heresy and extended it through Saudi Arabia.

Walid Shoebat Sums Up Islam

By ingliz
Hindsite wrote:a 4th century heretic named Arius

Wrong again.

In a letter to Patriarch Alexander of Constantinople, Arius's bishop, Alexander of Alexandria, wrote that Arius derived his theology from Lucian of Antioch.

:)
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:Wrong again.

In a letter to Patriarch Alexander of Constantinople, Arius's bishop, Alexander of Alexandria, wrote that Arius derived his theology from Lucian of Antioch.

The main point was that Muhammad resumed this heresy and extended it through Saudi Arabia.
By Hindsite
anasawad wrote:@Hindsite
Cut the bullshit. I know both beliefs by heart and they're no where near each other.

My point is that Islam is an anti-Christ religion.
By Decky
Hindsite wrote:My point is that Islam is an anti-Christ religion.

You are thinking of Protestantism.
By Hindsite
Decky wrote:You are thinking of Protestantism.

No. I am Protestant (Baptist) and we believe in the Father and the Son. However, Islam claims Allah has no son. So the Muslims must deny the Son. That is what the apostle John calls antichrist.

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.
(1 John 2:22 NIV)
By Rich
One thing is totally clear about the creator of the universe, if he exists at all, he doesn't care what we humans do? God doesn't care if homosexuals bugger each other. But neither does God care if people want to throw homosexuals from roof tops. We don't know of there is a creator, but we do know for certain there's no creator like the Christian / Muslim Jewish creator.

Societies need rules and conventions in order to survive, prosper and out compete other societies. These culturally specific rules are then projected on to a heavenly creator to give them legitimacy.
By Hindsite
Rich wrote:One thing is totally clear about the creator of the universe, if he exists at all, he doesn't care what we humans do? God doesn't care if homosexuals bugger each other. But neither does God care if people want to throw homosexuals from roof tops. We don't know of there is a creator, but we do know for certain there's no creator like the Christian / Muslim Jewish creator.

Societies need rules and conventions in order to survive, prosper and out compete other societies. These culturally specific rules are then projected on to a heavenly creator to give them legitimacy.

It should be clear to any sane human being that we had to be created. The programming in our DNA proves that. Genesis in the Holy Bible is the only ancient account of creation that makes any sense. And the modern theory of evolution that imagines we came about by chance certainly does not make sense.

Why should a righteous God care about evil disobedient people?
By ingliz
Hindsite wrote:Why should a righteous God care about evil disobedient people?

Why should a righteous God care about you? I am sure he's read the 'Nazi' thread.

:eh:
By Hindsite
ingliz wrote:Why should a righteous God care about you? I am sure he's read the 'Nazi' thread.

:eh:

Maybe, because God sees I show some mercy and love to the so-called Nazis; and I condemn the Islamic terrorist for beheading the saints of God. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah
By ingliz
Maybe, because God sees I show some mercy and love to the so-called Nazis

Who's desire is to genocide God's chosen people.

Perhaps it were better you should condemn both for their sins, if you are planning on receiving God's mercy.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]