Can Islam be Reformed ? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
#14855925
Politiks is the latest alt-rightwing troll to enter Pofo. His views are nazi, and racist, in the extreme, and this is only what I've seen in a couple of his posts, thus far.
#14855926
My impression is that Islam is very growth-oriented and in some ways (which I would again attribute to the lack of monasticism) it has weathered modernity better than other religions. In other ways though, it is also having the most difficulty transitioning. The situation in places like Pakistan has the potential to severely deteriorate to a degree we may have never even seen before.
#14856192
Godstud wrote:Politiks is the latest alt-rightwing troll to enter Pofo. His views are nazi, and racist, in the extreme, and this is only what I've seen in a couple of his posts, thus far.

If he is a nazi he would love muslims, like Hitler did.

Image

In contrast @Politiks views are more in alignment with:

Image

When did you convert by the way? I remembered you as one of those atheists with a particularly nasty hatred of Christians? Suddenly now, of all the religions of the world, you are white knighting for Islam, literally the religion that gives religion a bad name. What got into you?
#14856193
Not being an Islamophobe any more, because I started to "think" instead of others doing it for me, is "conversion", in your eyes?
Last edited by Godstud on 26 Oct 2017 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
#14856199
Godstud wrote:Same with those dirty Christians!!!

All religions are pretty much SHIT. I hold Islam and Christianity in equal regard. They're the same.

Yet you defend Islam without even knowing anything about it while calling Christians "dirty". You don't hold them equal at all. Why don't you call muslims "dirty"?
#14856202
I was responding to Decky's post. Muslims and Christians are equally dirty.

Buddhism is better, but not by much... I have to tolerate it because my wife's one.
#14856205
Godstud wrote:I was responding to Decky's post, you silly person. Muslims and Christians are equally dirty.

Buddhism is better, but not by much... I have to tolerate it because my wife's one.

I know you were replying to Decky, you silly person. I'll comment on it just the same. Fine so you are saying muslims are dirty while claiming not to be an Islamophobe. lol.
Last edited by SolarCross on 26 Oct 2017 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
#14856206
I dislike all religions as an atheist, and I don't single one out, as an Islamophobe would. Your argument is pretty weak.
#14856208
Godstud wrote:I dislike all religions as an atheist, and I don't single one out, as an Islamophobe would. Your argument is pretty weak.

So you are an Islamophobe, a judophobe, a christophobe, a hinduphobe etc? And that makes you more pious than someone who is more tolerant than that?
#14856210
I do not discriminate or hold any prejudice against any person of those religions, so no. You're wrong. I will treat a human being as a human being, regardless of their religion.
#14856213
@SolarCross

There's a difference between disliking religion and hating it's followers. Despite what you say, you do not only single out the ideology, you take it's people and hold them to scrutiny. "Maybe that's the only way to civilize Muslims :lol: ", "If he's a nazi then he would love Muslims just like Hitler did" all of these statements imply that you do not just have a problem with Islam, but with Muslims themselves. You mock Muslims and imply frequently that they are sub-human or are inherently evil in some way. You associate Muslims with evil by associating them with Hitler and therefore are not fighting the religion but it's followers, people who to you should be seen as brainwashed and are victims in the entire process, you are de-humanizing these people.
#14856214
Godstud wrote:I do not discriminate or hold any prejudice against any person of those religions, so no. You're wrong. I will treat a human being as a human being, regardless of their religion.

While calling them dirty. :lol:
#14856216
Oxymandias wrote:There's a difference between disliking religion and hating it's followers. Despite what you say, you do not only single out the ideology, you take it's people and hold them to scrutiny. "Maybe that's the only way to civilize Muslims :lol: ", "If he's a nazi then he would love Muslims just like Hitler did" all of these statements imply that you do not just have a problem with Islam, but with Muslims themselves. You mock Muslims and imply frequently that they are sub-human or are inherently evil in some way. You associate Muslims with evil by associating them with Hitler and therefore are not fighting the religion but it's followers, people who to you should be seen as brainwashed and are victims in the entire process, you are de-humanizing these people.

You are lying, I guess Godstud is right about you. Dirty.
#14856223
I made no such comment about Oxymandias, Solarcross. Don't be a trolling asshole.

My post was in jest and a reply to Decky's, and you know that. Now you seek to take it out of context? Piss off.
#14856224
@SolarCross

Lying about what exactly? Oh, you're assuming I'm Muslim now because you don't like what I'm saying don't you? Assume what you wish. Whatever makes you sleep at night. But that does not make my argument any less right than it already is.

You can think that I'm a Satanic worshiper, an ISIS terrorist, a sociopathic monster. You can think I'm Hitler, Stalin, and Bin Laden combined yet that will not change the truth of my argument by one small pittance. You have no way to refute my actual argument and therefore, regardless of who I am, my argument holds valid. You can spread lies about and gossip amongst yourself about my background but you will not take my dignity SolarCross.

I will not respond to any of your posts if you flippantly throw around such slander. I will only respond if you attempt to debate my post. If not, then I suggest you go to your bed, lie down, and think about yourself. Think deeply about your own identity and see what relation you identity has with your own ideas and I want to ask yourself, had I been a baker, police officer, transgender, religious, atheist, female, male, black, white, Arab, latino, old, young, would that affect the legitimacy of my ideas? Remember your answer is important since it will define you so don't just say "I think it does matter!" just because of this worthless debate, I want you to be honest to yourself as a person since this isn't about me, this is about you.

(BTW, you want definite proof that I'm not Muslim? Look at my posts when talking about Islam. When I write about Islam, I remove myself from it and treat like a piece of literature or a historical analysis. Why would any self-respecting Muslim write and ergo think in such a way about Islam? If I really was Muslim I would directly engage it, but I don't. I distance myself away from Islam and treat it as a separate entity from my own existence. Isn't the result and goal of religion to make it a part of yourself? If I really placed Islam as a key part of my life, why would I be so cold and analytical towards it?)
#14856323
@Oxymandias
I am not trying to take your dignity, or call you Hitler or whatever, this all some stupid shit you made up to play victim. Your whole post is a bunch of delusional posturing.
#14856335
@SolarCross

@Oxymandias was simply pointing out that the truth or veracity of a statement is not dependent on the identity of the person making the claim. So, Oxy’s claim is not incorrect just because you think he is a Muslim.
#14856338
Pants-of-dog wrote:@SolarCross

@Oxymandias was simply pointing out that the truth or veracity of a statement is not dependent on the identity of the person making the claim. So, Oxy’s claim is not incorrect just because you think he is a Muslim.

That was one point he made, and I agree with that, not that he would extend that understanding to me. He, like Godstud and yourself, have pushed on me the identity of "Islamophobe" and then, because of this identity, assumed everything I say must be false. So fuck that stinking hypocrisy.

!00% of my electricity is renewable as long as I […]

@Elyzabeth Ah yes, the lady talking about being […]

Election 2020

This is micro stuff that very few actually care a[…]

https://twitter.com/SocialistFuture/status/1172795[…]